Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Why would Des hang around for a fictitious job/role at a club and for an owner who has basically given him the arse and are not happy with his coaching methods anyway?

Money ... love of the club ... don't know ... but it isn't a situation I can see ending well .. the owner will be the same and any opponents will still be at the club ..

I'd be happy to give Seibold a chance. He did have success at the Bunnies and sometimes disaster (Broncos) can be the greatest teacher of all. He's a good student of the game, has worked with some of the best coaches and has been here before so knows the nightmare it can be.
The game has moved a long way past Des.
As an assistant maybe.

However unless his communications skills have improved since his time at the Brumcos, he is not head coach material.

Has Mr Fluffy and his faithful sidekick, Tony Thomslov, learnt nothing from the ‘Barrett the Outsider’ fiasco?

Last edited:
As an assistant maybe.

However unless his communications skills have improved since his time at the Brumcos, he is not head coach material.

Had this contemptible flog Mr Fluffy, and his faithful sidekick, Tony Thomslov, learnt nothing from the ‘Barrett the Outsider’ fiasco?
Yeah coaching guru I have a degree dickhead type. watch some of his stuff on YouTube total bile

Be careful what you wish for with changes of owners. Yes Penn has been far from ideal but you can always get stuck with some number cruncher who will sell even more games to Homebush or Outer Mongolia for a quick buck at the expense of our real home games. It's been anything but ideal BUT it can get far worse. There isn't a truckload of multi millionaires around happy to invest in a non money making football team.

Not sure it's realistic to hope for new owners.
We came eleventh. We're an absolute rubbish organisation. It's the same thing as such and such a coach might be worse than Des.
We were eleventh.
I'd get rid of Des and Penn is I could.
And with Des, it's not just the actual coaching, this is his third gig in a row that has ended in acrimony. More fool Penn for thinking he'd be different from the **** he stirred up in his first stint here and at the Bulldogs.

No. We have been a basket case for much of the year. Poor selections, no structure, unmotivated players.
100% !!!

Never been a prominent top 8 force all season and the rainbow ridicule was only the icing on the cake that was already baked with mediocre performances all season

I would give Ginger more than just the Manly Licence If you know what I mean feathered friend ;)

See the source image
@BOZO I think she's dead? Slipping a dead chick one is pretty sick ......

No Mercy for Mediocre performances at Manly

Live up to our Legendary clubs benchmark of excellence or leave our Legendary club !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I for one think change is needed. Whether or not it's Seibold I don't know but I wouldn't just write him off based on one failure. People learn and develop and it's not an exact science. People who fail at one club triumph at another and vice versa.

My ten cents worth is we need a complete reset. Des probably doesn't deserve to be sacked BUT most people can see that we were never anywhere near the pace at any stage last year....well before the Rainbow's arrived.
At Brisbane Seibold was on a hiding to nothing from the get go, his every move was met with criticism from the old guard and it's easy to see why the team failed when old heads were openly bagging his style before he was able to stamp his brand on the team. Former players loyal to Walters began undermining him before he even took the reins which filtered through to the players and caused disharmony that showed in their on field performances. I think he's got talent and wouldn't mind seeing him given a go, looking at our roster and seeing what they're capable of when they actually play as a team (even without Tom) I think a coach with an understanding of modern rugby league and training techniques would go a long way towards reversing the current diabolical mess we've become. I personally see Seibold as an upgrade on Hasler who despite his success earlier in his career seems to be out of touch with the modern game and Seibold would be desperate to prove himself a capable first grade coach after the Brisbane debacle.

At Brisbane Seibold was on a hiding to nothing from the get go, his every move was met with criticism from the old guard and it's easy to see why the team failed when old heads were openly bagging his style before he was able to stamp his brand on the team. Former players loyal to Walters began undermining him before he even took the reins which filtered through to the players and caused disharmony that showed in their on field performances. .....
You've just described exactly the same sh*t that would go on in the background at Manly if Seibold came here.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11