Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
I guess it will run more like a business meeting where the owner ( Penn) will make supposedly informed decisions. Most businesses in Australia actually run this way… considering the vast majority are not publicly listed… in other terms it’s a management meeting I guess.

Sounds like a way to not be accountable

It could also be the Articles of incorporation require that certain matters be voted on by the Board of Directors ... Penn could certainly get rid of a Director that didn't vote his way ... but I doubt he has the ability to direct someone how to vote ....

But, as Lsz says .. at the end of the day it is a dictatorship ...

There issue is around Dessies contract. The new CEO indicated in his first interview that he unlike predecessors will not be making public terms of Dessies contract. The media will interpret non disclosure of details in the worst light possible… which has been the cause of the negative spin etc…of recent in my humble opinion.
Unless Des is the source of every leak to the media. Which I'm told he is.
The media is a tool in this.

It could also be the Articles of incorporation require that certain matters be voted on by the Board of Directors ... Penn could certainly get rid of a Director that didn't vote his way ... but I doubt he has the ability to direct someone how to vote ....

But, as Lsz says .. at the end of the day it is a dictatorship ...
More like a clown show

AAAABYXCHYIyP3e5IfiG_xQZBd0Z5-wUDRx4AicmbynxdU7uLkYEOt1sDoe2VQ7J-eUFvFNbJmyMKFC8rOagzlcnE1jy8x...jpg

Not a fan of Penn but if you and family basically own the club its hard to imagine many people in such a position would be magnanimous enough to run it like the myth of Camelot.
I don't have a problem with having an owner who pays the bills having all the say. I do have a problem with the Penn family who since they took control the club has gone backwards in every aspect from front office to the playing field we are hopeless. I wish they would sell the club to someone who has the $$$, passion and wants to take the club back to being a premiership force ......

Look at our recruitment or lack of ....... how many CEOS have we had?

Great. A board meeting as early as next week at which (once again) very little progress will be made!
I'm pretty bloody bored with the Board. Just get on with it, already.

If Dessie is going to be gone with one stroke of the .......... well, you know ...... then so be it. But just make a decision and move on!!

And I just received a Members notice about New Memebership renewal "coming soon"

Seriously folks!!

The factors facing the club are many, and far too many for a readable post.

But the one that gets me every time is that we're not united - united in purpose, direction and execution - as a club.

Factions, schmactions.......get it together or we will be extinct.

If Dessie is going to be gone with one stroke of the .......... well, you know ...... then so be it. But just make a decision and move on!!

And I just received a Members notice about New Memebership renewal "coming soon"

Seriously folks!!
Maybe all of the issues are being sorted and Tony Mestrov is delivering on his promise that he wanted stop all the leaks at the club.Given Peters is still there or there abouts,I highly doubt it but we can only hope

Seriously folks!!
Sure that most are on board with all of that .

Nothing like a good old club crisis to fire up our club membership Campagne
Lol seriously. It’s normally on sale by now isn’t it?? I wonder if they are delaying it because some positive news/coaching clarity is on its way or if they think we will forget about all the drama #nextweek and part ways with our money again??!!

Seriously folks!!
Agreed. Make a decision and we can move on and move forward.

Lol seriously. It’s normally on sale by now isn’t it?? I wonder if they are delaying it because some positive news/coaching clarity is on its way or if they think we will forget about all the drama #nextweek and part ways with our money again??!!

Good point mate. But tbh, I reckon that while Manly fans might be less in number, we are much greater in loyalty. Love how the media keep blithering that we don't travel, but you look at games like the one against The Raiders where we pumped them - pretty well a Manly crowd.

Honestly, just give us the good news Manly hehehe. We need some !

Club Membership Perspective time

I WANT TO ALL YOU TO REMEBER THIS

NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN OUR LEGENDARY CLUB

AND ALL THE GLORY WILL ALWAYS BELONG TO THE GREATEST CLUB OF ALL THE MANLY SEA EAGLES

ALL CLUB MEMBERS HAVE BEEN CREATING OUR GREAT CLUBS FUTURE SINCE 1947

THE FUTURE BELONGS TO US AND IS PROUDLY IN OUR PASSIONATE HEARTS AND HANDS
SO LET US REACH OUT AND GRAB A 2023 MANLY SEA EAGLES CLUB MEMBERSHIP
AND CONTINUE OUR MANLY FOREVER LEGACY

See the source image

Maybe all of the issues are being sorted and Tony Mestrov is delivering on his promise that he wanted stop all the leaks at the club.Given Peters is still there or there abouts,I highly doubt it but we can only hope
We can only hope!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8