Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Hannay is Des' choice as he won't be overstepping or outshining. I'm hearing Seibold is Penn's preference. What a fkn joke.

Also we just signed Matterson! Cough Dean. Played for Blacktown 4 years ago, and is currently in Dogs' second string feeder club who were almost winless for the first half of season. 24 years old, not a game in 1st grade. The news just keeps getting better and better
I be honest the manly supporters need to petition nrl to get licence off Penn.
He simply once yes men who sound smart aka Seilbold who can't handle football environments. Hannay is Des choice given he is mediocre.
Des needs to be held to account in particular team selections but suggesting Seibold is a farce and Hannay is rubbish.

Siebold was good at Souths then joined Broncos who were already a basket case. Had no backup & was expected to coach an unsettled team. I think he deserves a chance to be Hasler's assistant & see how things pan out. He did pretty well at Souths so there is a good coach inside him!
He has also recently been an assistant at the knights so not sure how big/small of an impact that was!

From my observations, Des doesn't don the number 13 and run out on the field every week. He tries to get a bunch of Man Babys to knock 10 tonnes of ****e out of the opposition to get a result.

I would be all for dumping Des quick smart had 2022 been a relatively Injury and crisis-free campaign and we had have ended how we did.

However, Facts are 2022 will forever go down as a huge injury and issue-laden season which DIRECTLY led to the results.

The owner has no ****ing Idea.
The owner is a complete ****wit, we have a top 3 player in league out for 3/4 of season and he plonked the jumper farce on Des. I have many problems is Dessie including picking plodders but 2021 was not on him

I for one think change is needed. Whether or not it's Seibold I don't know but I wouldn't just write him off based on one failure. People learn and develop and it's not an exact science. People who fail at one club triumph at another and vice versa.

My ten cents worth is we need a complete reset. Des probably doesn't deserve to be sacked BUT most people can see that we were never anywhere near the pace at any stage last year....well before the Rainbow's arrived.

I know some will shoot me down but I don’t think this is a bad idea if true. I mean as an assistant.
The broncos are still a basket case long post his tenure and he did a good job apparently when he was our defence coach.

Friction between Penn and Hasler is the problem. Whatever the relationship was before, Penn's nose certainly was out of joint after Hasler's scathing public criticism of the club ("the club made a serious mistake and caused confusion, discomfort and pain") over jerseygate. Hasler had no choice but to support his players but the fact Penn had no-one at the wheel to publicly address the situation was entirely on him. Des and DCE should never have been the front people on that issue, it was ludicrous.

So in the Blue Corner we have a slightly stingy usually absent owner, v in the red Corner a club legend mutliple premiership winning icon (aka dinosaur).

If Penn had funded the Sea Eagles operation profesionally with sufficient people sufficiently qualified to ensure that debacle never occured - or even just to deal with it professionally when it did occur - the club would not have lost its last 7 games and we wouldn't be in this position.

As fans we must be grateful for "sources with knowledge of the situation" to at least get the club back in the news. :clap:

As to how it will resolve I won't hazard a guess, too many balls in the air.

Also why does it make sense to sack Des and hire Siebold when Siebold just took the broncos to the spoon. I can’t understand the logic in that.
It's called the power of the Penn or #pennlogic

Broncos got their first wooden spoon under Seibold....just saying...

Hey mate, going all Disco on you here haha, but actually in his first year there (2019), he took them to the finals in 8th place, then the following year, he was there for 13 games (and was sitting in 15th), but they didn't win a game from there (down the stretch - remaining 7 games) with Peter Gentle at the helm (2020).

In his first year of coaching at The Bunnies, they came 3rd overall (2018), and made it through to the third round of the finals.

@JenEagle , this is for you, too.

This is the beginning of Dessie's 5th year .... that means

.. he has had 4 pre-seasons to get a fit team ....
.. he has 4 years with largely the same squad to coach, structure and shape ....
.. he has had 4 years to recruit and build the team he wants ...
.. he has had 4 years to work on internal relationships and build team work ..

And the result going into his 5th year ... is we are rooted, the club is in the worst state I have seen in 60 years ... and winning some games next year is not going to fix or change things ...

Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck would be an improvement ...

I'd be happy to give Seibold a chance. He did have success at the Bunnies and sometimes disaster (Broncos) can be the greatest teacher of all. He's a good student of the game, has worked with some of the best coaches and has been here before so knows the nightmare it can be.
The game has moved a long way past Des.
Des 'Has-been' 'has-done' some great things for the Manly Club but maybe he needs to mooooove on...

I feel facetious after bearing the old specious Dessy interviews..

Buenas noches de España o_O

This is the beginning of Dessie's 5th year .... that means

.. he has had 4 pre-seasons to get a fit team ....
.. he has 4 years with largely the same squad to coach, structure and shape ....
.. he has had 4 years to recruit and build the team he wants ...
.. he has had 4 years to work on internal relationships and build team work ..

And the result going into his 5th year ... is we are rooted, the club is in the worst state I have seen in 60 years ... and winning some games next year is not going to fix or change things ...

Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck would be an improvement ...
Would having a wabbit season be a good thing or bad thing?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8