Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Cancer isn't always visible yet it can eat away from within causing all else to fail over time.

Yes, the front office is not on the park but everything they get right or in our case WRONG affects every aspect of our performance.
I disagree feathered friend

The fact is

It did not affect our performance when we won grand finals in 2008 and 2011

1662535110794.jpeg

Control freak and a BIG contributor to our failures.

Our defence is shocking and that is TOTALLY on him. Defence is attitude and it's his job to get the players to have the mongrel or attitude we need. I love watching teams attack with defence. We used to do that but now we are pussy cats.

You can be a control freak if you're delivering great results but he ain't

He didn't deliver in the last few years at the dogs and outside of a freak season from Turbo he isn't here.

If he can't see he needs help and needs to change then he needs to go. Simple.

I reckon he has our dopey owners and the dopey ****s in the front office bluffed & scared and as a result the club is ****ed and can't move forward.
I love how you hold back and don't say what you really think.

You know very well who appointed the proven coach feathered friend and at the time he was our best option
And he is still our best option now, I don't agree with Flanagan or Maguire, Flanagan's been putting his hand up for every coaching job around, and not wanted, as for Maguire, allowing that Tales from Tigertown doco has rooted his chances of coaching first grade again.

And he is still our best option now, I don't agree with Flanagan or Maguire, Flanagan's been putting his hand up for every coaching job around, and not wanted, as for Maguire, allowing that Tales from Tigertown doco has rooted his chances of coaching first grade again.
I was talking about at the time and At the time he was our best option

2023 is the year that will be finally confirmed

Lol, the breaking news has turned to wine preferences.
I agree that we fans do need a wine or two after this season.
I once had a glass of Chiraz Cab Merlot at a super fancy restaurant in Brisbane. I can't remember the drop but it tasted like velvet.
Anyway #breakingnews from BWS coming soon.

I disagree feathered friend

The fact is

It did not affect our performance when we won grand finals in 2008 and 2011
Do you mean when Des had full control and effectively separated the football operations from the head office? those successful years?

He didn't deliver in the last few years at the dogs and outside of a freak season from Turbo he isn't here.
2019? wooden spoon contenders to almost a prelim with the same squad?

in those last few years, what did the dogs and Manly currently have in common? head office instability and infighting.

Des isn't the messiah and has multiple issues however for me right now there isn't a better 'proven' option.

My wish after the review is everyone to be just be HONEST. Then share with everyone including us supporters.

simple things like - where are we with the salary cap - how are they going to have real player engagement - what is the plan moving forward - are we targeting anybody and if so what positions

from a coaching perspective Des needs to find a way to make players accountable each week
You would think all contracts are confidential,club ,player ,player manager, NRL would know the details and they would all leak details when it is in their best interest (mainly player manager) but it wouldn't be good business having 15 other clubs knowing all your finances or players your looking to employ

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8