Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

Hasler threatens to sue Manly over rainbow jersey fiasco as preferred successor speaks out​

Des Hasler could be headed to the courtroom with the Manly Sea Eagles over the rainbow jersey fiasco that derailed the club’s season, as the embattled coach’s preferred successor expressed concerns over the instability at Brookvale.

Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the Herald that Hasler is considering a $1m-plus lawsuit against the Sea Eagles for allegedly compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations.

Under the terms of Hasler’s contract, a top-six finish in the NRL in 2022 would have guaranteed him a contract extension for the 2024 season.

Hasler, if he proceeds with legal proceedings against the Sea Eagles, will argue that Manly’s decision to launch a ‘pride’ jersey without the consent or blessing of the players and football department impeded his ability to reach the key performance indicators of his employment.

Hasler threatens to sue Manly over rainbow jersey fiasco as preferred successor speaks out​

Des Hasler could be headed to the courtroom with the Manly Sea Eagles over the rainbow jersey fiasco that derailed the club’s season, as the embattled coach’s preferred successor expressed concerns over the instability at Brookvale.

Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the Herald that Hasler is considering a $1m-plus lawsuit against the Sea Eagles for allegedly compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations.

Under the terms of Hasler’s contract, a top-six finish in the NRL in 2022 would have guaranteed him a contract extension for the 2024 season.

Hasler, if he proceeds with legal proceedings against the Sea Eagles, will argue that Manly’s decision to launch a ‘pride’ jersey without the consent or blessing of the players and football department impeded his ability to reach the key performance indicators of his employment.
He's got a point, lol

Fyi the person quoted in this story posts here on silvertails and has long before you were here champ.
And fyi:whenever I see someone refer to someone they're arguing with as 'champ', I just put them in the '2GB dribbling idiot' box and take everything I read from them after that as self inflated garbage.

I'm sure I, and many others on here have not been posting as long as whoever you're talking about. Doesn't mean we're not older, wiser, longer supporters who want Des gone because of our own assessments of current ability and, as importantly, character.

Lol surely just stamped his own sacking. Who thinks of commencing legal action while STILL in charge? Lol get the popcorn

One can only imagine Mestrov is pining hard for the good old dishlicker days.
He might not last till Xmas.
Hey, maybe he will sue the club too!

Now we get more of the picture.

To the handling of the jersey fiasco and How Des was left to carry the can that week instead of being allowed to focus on his job of coaching.

What an A grade cluster fu@#k from the owners and administrators of the club. What they asked Des to do was grossly unfair!

It now seems that if as alleged that Des is taking them to court that we are now at the point of no return. The owners either move Des on or apologize and back him!!

I was told that the maker of the pride jersey offered it to three clubs and we were the only taker. The other two wanted nothing to do with it.

Is this correct or just another rumour ?

I think we can say we are officially in CRISIS now. Fuk me dead what a basketcase club. The club I've loved and followed fanatically since 1973 is no longer. It's now collapsing in on itself. Consuming itself by foolish , self absorbed clowns. I'll be very surprised if we don't lose the Turbos and a few others now.

Now we get more of the picture.

To the handling of the jersey fiasco and How Des was left to carry the can that week instead of being allowed to focus on his job of coaching.

What an A grade cluster fu@#k from the owners and administrators of the club. What they asked Des to do was grossly unfair!

It now seems that if as alleged that Des is taking them to court that we are now at the point of no return. The owners either move Des on or apologize and back him!!
I've never been convinced that Des didn't know. Makes no sense.

And good luck with suing for derailing the season. He only had them in ninth going into that game and had five more games to prove what a great unifier of men he was.

Our coach was one of my favorite players and coach until he left for Dogs. If he loved the place like he says he does why leave? He then ****ed them over and threatened to sue them, and now (If the report is true) the same thing is playing out at MANLY again.

Hasler has the runs on the board, and the history to suggest that he has the job next season to see where that ends

Any other result is absolutely laughable

I won’t go elsewhere, but the investment won’t be as large.

Sometimes it would be nice to go back to the mid 90s when there wasn’t the internet and journos out there to create any little piece of drama they can, and you turned up and watched 80mins of your side without all the bull**** in the background that we have today

We are a complete ****ing joke. There is no longer any clear solution to resolving our club's dysfunctionality through internal negotiation. Obviously, Des wants one million to walk away, one way or the other. There is zero chance that Penn will agree to that. This will go to court next year, and our 2023 season will almost certainly implode simultaneously. **** this ****. Over it.

I was told that the maker of the pride jersey offered it to three clubs and we were the only taker. The other two wanted nothing to do with it.

Is this correct or just another rumour ?
Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Any club management with two brain cells to rub together between them would have seen it was a terrible idea.

Our coach was one of my favorite players and coach until he left for Dogs. If he loved the place like he says he does why leave? He then ****ed them over and threatened to sue them, and now (If the report is true) the same thing is playing out at MANLY again.
At least we got a premiership out of it the first time...😔

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8