Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The story says: He remains on bail and will next appear in a brief hearing on June 25, 2021.
I guess that is to confirm that all parties are in a position to proceed to trial the following month. It could also mean that the prosecution drops the case. I'm just hoping here and I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it does happen.
The courts are way behind at present, so there is a real likelihood that the trial will be delayed further, then both Barristers and witnesses need to be available on the availability dates of the judge presiding over the case. This want happen, never does because it's about billable hours. I reckon if there a hearing in Late June - trial date more likely September.

The courts are way behind at present, so there is a real likelihood that the trial will be delayed further, then both Barristers and witnesses need to be available on the availability dates of the judge presiding over the case. This want happen, never does because it's about billable hours. I reckon if there a hearing in Late June - trial date more likely September.
So in 2022 it’s either “ Silvertails or Silverwater”???

Surely the snail's pace at which our justice system works is provoking discussions at NRL headquarters about the so-called 'No Fault Stand Down' rule. It is too big a punishment to ban a player for three seasons (in the case of de Belin) before their guilt or innocence is determined.
My compromise is to stand them down for four matches once they have been charged with a serious offence, then allow them to resume their RL careers. The finding of the court would them determine the future action, or not, of the NRL.

Surely the snail's pace at which our justice system works is provoking discussions at NRL headquarters about the so-called 'No Fault Stand Down' rule. It is too big a punishment to ban a player for three seasons (in the case of de Belin) before their guilt or innocence is determined.
My compromise is to stand them down for four matches once they have been charged with a serious offence, then allow them to resume their RL careers. The finding of the court would them determine the future action, or not, of the NRL.
I am comfortable with the current policy...

it sucks for us but I don't want blokes accused of gang-rape or stabbing offences to be allowed to just carry on as NRL stars with no consequences...

sucks if they are found 'not guilty' but it is also an incentive for others not to put themselves in compromised positions to start with...

Hard to feel sorry for them...
De Belin picked up a magotted chick for group sex whilst his pregnant wife sits at home and
Manase is accused of pulling out a knife during a brawl at a church party and stabbing a bloke in the back in front of witnesses

This stand down rule troubles me. There are strong counter arguments and sadly in some cases opportunity for injustice. Most troubling is what I see as irony. A player who has been convicted of a most violent crime can be sentenced to imprisonment and after serving the sentence be permitted to return to the NRL. Whereas a player whose guilt or innocence has not been established is effectively rubbed out of the game for a number of years when at their prime. What is the difference as far as the sponsors and the viewers of the game are concerned? Myself I consider the former more unsavory than the latter.

This stand down rule troubles me. There are strong counter arguments and sadly in some cases opportunity for injustice. Most troubling is what I see as irony. A player who has been convicted of a most violent crime can be sentenced to imprisonment and after serving the sentence be permitted to return to the NRL. Whereas a player whose guilt or innocence has not been established is effectively rubbed out of the game for a number of years when at their prime. What is the difference as far as the sponsors and the viewers of the game are concerned? Myself I consider the former more unsavory than the latter.
Agreed and I am not in favour of the former... I have more compassion for blokes like Carney who is an idiot then Lodge who is a felon...

Let em all go be labourers...

In the lead up to Debelin's trial last November, in anticipation of a not guilty verdict, there were some murmurings in the game that the rule would be scrapped, and my understanding is that was a factor in our Croker/Cust policy. However the hung jury in Debelin's case, not to mention the guilty finding against Hayne, has put paid to that. It won't be changing any time soon.

I could see something like that working.. altho I don't believe 4 weeks is anywhere near a big enough deterrent... Ide say maybe sit them out 12 weeks if charged... SHOULD discourage behaviour, plus giving a sever penalty without rubbing players out in their prime before a verdict is reached

In the lead up to Debelin's trial last November, in anticipation of a not guilty verdict, there were some murmurings in the game that the rule would be scrapped, and my understanding is that was a factor in our Croker/Cust policy. However the hung jury in Debelin's case, not to mention the guilty finding against Hayne, has put paid to that. It won't be changing any time soon.
My thoughts on why no other backup hooker exactly.

I am comfortable with the current policy...

it sucks for us but I don't want blokes accused of gang-rape or stabbing offences to be allowed to just carry on as NRL stars with no consequences...

sucks if they are found 'not guilty' but it is also an incentive for others not to put themselves in compromised positions to start with...

Hard to feel sorry for them...
De Belin picked up a magotted chick for group sex whilst his pregnant wife sits at home and
Manase is accused of pulling out a knife during a brawl at a church party and stabbing a bloke in the back in front of witnesses
Career ruined over an accusation is not justice. Let the courts judge. That's what they're there for

Career ruined over an accusation is not justice. Let the courts judge. That's what they're there for
Don't put yourself in the sh1t position to start with... it ain't like every league player is getting accused of stuff, just those that act like d1ckheads...

personally i don't support rapists and gang-bangers being cheered for throwing a pigskin around whilst they wait for a court date to be set...

Don't put yourself in the sh1t position to start with... it ain't like every league player is getting accused of stuff, just those that act like d1ckheads...

personally i don't support rapists and gang-bangers being cheered for throwing a pigskin around whilst they wait for a court date to be set...
Brett Stewart anyone??

Did he put himself in a **** position ?

The police clearly got that one completely wrong.

We have had cust available all season

It amazes me that people seem to forget that Cust was only moved into the halves in mid-2017 during the U/20's premiership run that year. The coach (I forget who it was) decided he had the skills to be a 5/8 which is basically where he's played ever since.

Before that I'm led to believe that Cade Cust mostly played as a hooker.

If Fainu is off to Jail at least we have Cust and Lawton which is much better than what we currently have playing. Croker must be replaced with the best hooker/utility money can buy and then replace Parker and Taufua with the best back up fullback money can buy. Saddler in for Gosiewski.
Happy to retain Siro and Walker on cheaper coin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4