Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Manase Fainu

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fat chance of getting him across the border now. Our lawnmower man took a week off with his family on the Sunny Coast. He rings us the other night from Pindara hospital (GC hospital). Thought he’d hire a jet ski on hols, gets smashed by wave, Jet Ski goes 10 foot in the air, comes down sideways breaking his tibia in two places, and worst of all, snaps his ACL (which he’s done three times before, when he was a combat/anti- terrorism instructor for the Air Force for 20 years). And before you ask, "why don’t you do it you fat fuuck".....I’ve had my own chronic injuries, which led to me not being able to mow my own lawns. A shiit situation in more ways than one.
Anyway back to old mate, I texted the NRL physio dude. Anywhere from 3-9 months. Nine being the more likely. His orthopaedic surgeon said about the same.
Hes a top bloke and does a great job. And now he and his young family are in the shiit financially (thank god he has private health insurance). Is 2021 gunna suck bigger than 2020? Geez, I’m just a ray of fuucking sunshine today. Give yourself a pat on the back if you read all this without shoving a blunt pencil through your eye.:eek:

manly al

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just makes you wonder whether it does really register with him the seriousness of his present legal predicament . Might not be of any particular incriminating aspect for him but hardly would seem in his best interests to be still identifying with such questionable entities . Don't think that his Manly footy playing siblings have similar tendencies and surely time to follow their example or better influence A S A P . Maybe also to show a bit more respect to his employer , Manly footy club and its supporters .

eagleron

Reaction score
Just makes you wonder whether it does really register with him the seriousness of his present legal predicament . Might not be of any particular incriminating aspect for him but hardly would seem in his best interests to be still identifying with such questionable entities . Don't think that his Manly footy playing siblings have similar tendencies and surely time to follow their example or better influence A S A P . Maybe also to show a bit more respect to his employer , Manly footy club and its supporters .
What is it with today's generation and this gangster crap? Whatever happened to Aussies showing pride in who they are rather than finding it necessary to assume this pseudo American gangster persona, are they so lacking in national identity that they have to assume a second rate U.S. persona, when I was a young fella I was a Beatles devotee but that didn't mean I had to adopt a Liverpudlian accent, I don't get it, but then I an an old bastard after all

manly al

Premium Member
Reaction score
What is it with today's generation and this gangster crap? Whatever happened to Aussies showing pride in who they are rather than finding it necessary to assume this pseudo American gangster persona, are they so lacking in national identity that they have to assume a second rate U.S. persona, when I was a young fella I was a Beatles devotee but that didn't mean I had to adopt a Liverpudlian accent, I don't get it, but then I an an old bastard after all
Not to over simplify it but really is a totally different ball game and environment with the computer , i phone age and so on and the multitude of influences and content that it has created and of course with good and not so good aspects . Still should be every opportunity to distinguish between the good and bad elements or even on the margins but i guess again with so much content and influences to be accessed , inevitable that there are going to be some less then ideal outcomes . 70 is the new 50 in many people's eyes these days so bear that in mind and that your younger impressionable years were in every likelihood of healthy and harmless pursuits

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reaction score
I grew up (and still love to) listening to bands like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, ACDC, Whitesnake....all that hard rock/heavy metal stuff that was all the rage in the mid to late 80's. Did I grow my hair long and wear "metal" garb? Bloody oath I did!
It never led me to stabbing anyone at a church dance to which I went to once or twice.

maxta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not from what I am hearing.

The prosecution allegedly has a plethora of witnesses, some of which are pastors.

I don't think it is looking good for him.
Well obviously both hearing different versions - let it play out and see

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, I'd want odds of 1000/1 that he'll get off.
Full respect for your sources as you've come through in the past.
However if Fainu's lawyers are of the same view then it defies logic that he didn't negotiate a plea. You lose 25% discount on sentence by going to trial, so its a brave call to go to trial when the odds of winning are that small. Would make little sense.

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20