Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haven 't noticed Rafferty on here for a while , found his posts interesting and well founded . Anyway hope to see him back sometime and if he is still browsing this site , hope all is good .

This boy is a brilliant prospect. Natural 6 and I see him and Schuster giving us a lethal scrum base combination.
Just seems like a natural , just like Manase . Reads the play well and already quite skillful . really good on his feet and speed . Has to be a priority to keep long term . Not as much attention yet on his team mate centre Feledy but he looks very promising as well and to ideally progress through the Manly pathways system .

Lachlan Croker improved out of sight as a dummy half in 2021. His defence was first class and his passing from dummy half was clean and crisp for the most part. Plus his kicking game often proved valuable.

The one thing he lacked though, was a running game. Any sort of running game. And that is where we are going to need someone like Manase Fainu going forward. To progress further than 4th. To get to a Grand Final and have a chance at winning, we need a dummy half with all the attributes that Froggy showed in 2021, but with a running game added. We can't just always rely on getting the ball to Turbo, DCE or Foz. Sometimes we did lack those runs we know Fainu can produce that kept us on the front foot. And the way he plays would almost perfectly suit the new, faster game rules.

For now, Froggy will do the job and do it very well. But we do need either Fainu back in the side, or for Lachlan to develop a running game or we're going to stagnate at around 3rd or 4th best.

Lachlan Croker is a steady dummy half. We sorta kinda need a dynamic one. We do have one, he just can't play right now.....

Lachlan Croker improved out of sight as a dummy half in 2021. His defence was first class and his passing from dummy half was clean and crisp for the most part. Plus his kicking game often proved valuable.

The one thing he lacked though, was a running game. Any sort of running game. And that is where we are going to need someone like Manase Fainu going forward. To progress further than 4th. To get to a Grand Final and have a chance at winning, we need a dummy half with all the attributes that Froggy showed in 2021, but with a running game added. We can't just always rely on getting the ball to Turbo, DCE or Foz. Sometimes we did lack those runs we know Fainu can produce that kept us on the front foot. And the way he plays would almost perfectly suit the new, faster game rules.

For now, Froggy will do the job and do it very well. But we do need either Fainu back in the side, or for Lachlan to develop a running game or we're going to stagnate at around 3rd or 4th best.

Lachlan Croker is a steady dummy half. We sorta kinda need a dynamic one. We do have one, he just can't play right now.....
I believe Lachlan led all 9s in defence made percentage and he a crisp passer of ball, he simply does not give us that ability to do a 30 metre line break. That said it’s our engine room aka Keppie, Marty, paseka, Aloiai who need to own the yardage up the middle that was reason riff, storm and rabbits overpowered us

Well, the one thing he has is time, he has 8 to 9 mths anyway at the earliest before he can play again. So will have plenty of time to recover. The biggest hurdle though....is getting Fainu cleared..

Agree, but the worry is that he hasn't played for 2 years and with the best medical care a professional club can provide .. his shoulder is still stuffed .. and looks like being stuffed for another 6 months ... that would take it into the longest shoulder injury in the history of world sports ... will it ever be better ??

Agree, but the worry is that he hasn't played for 2 years and with the best medical care a professional club can provide .. his shoulder is still stuffed .. and looks like being stuffed for another 6 months ... that would take it into the longest shoulder injury in the history of world sports ... will it ever be better ??
As I said in an earlier post, he's only 23, and that is the only positive factor in his favour. 28+ different story...

I believe Lachlan led all 9s in defence made percentage and he a crisp passer of ball, he simply does not give us that ability to do a 30 metre line break. That said it’s our engine room aka Keppie, Marty, paseka, Aloiai who need to own the yardage up the middle that was reason riff, storm and rabbits overpowered us
And yet Froggy does have some reasonable speed and acceleration but not that many opportunities to utilize it with Manly 's game plan and the pack not always providing the necessary go forward .Not the initial nippyness of a Cook or Api and to a lesser extent Grant but as an ex 5 / 8 , Froggy again has some reasonable speed .

And yet Froggy does have some reasonable speed and acceleration but not that many opportunities to utilize it with Manly 's game plan and the pack not always providing the necessary go forward .Not the initial nippyness of a Cook or Api and to a lesser extent Grant but as an ex 5 / 8 , Froggy again has some reasonable speed .
I like him he tough and made a believer from me. I have no doubt having monas and Matty ballin helped him along.
Our pigs up middle need to have a crack IMO Sean Keppie the forward who I believe can make that step owning the yardage up middle

I like him he tough and made a believer from me. I have no doubt having monas and Matty ballin helped him along.
Our pigs up middle need to have a crack IMO Sean Keppie the forward who I believe can make that step owning the yardage up middle
Sure that Monas and Ballin helped him in a big way , just to focus on the basics and work hard . Not too sure if he will be that creative type of 9 that can actually dictate play , Manly 's strenghts are elsewhere . Agree that Keppie has a lot more to offer, just that consistency factor and has shown that he can match it with any enforcer type opposition forward .

Sure that Monas and Ballin helped him in a big way , just to focus on the basics and work hard . Not too sure if he will be that creative type of 9 that can actually dictate play , Manly 's strenghts are elsewhere . Agree that Keppie has a lot more to offer, just that consistency factor and has shown that he can match it with any enforcer type opposition forward .
croker does not need to over play his hand with Dce, Foz, schuster and tommy in ruck area. Keppie shown glimpses I make him start, we know Marty consistent but unfortunately goes missing a bit when heats comes and Paseka somewhat the same, Aloiai seems more intent on grubby crap and not becoming a better forward

croker does not need to over play his hand with Dce, Foz, schuster and tommy in ruck area. Keppie shown glimpses I make him start, we know Marty consistent but unfortunately goes missing a bit when heats comes and Paseka somewhat the same, Aloiai seems more intent on grubby crap and not becoming a better forward
Alioia was one of Manly 's best forwards if not players before his mid season or so injury and extended lay off . Needs a good off season [ and really should not include some dubious boxing activity ] to get properly prepared and to get back to his strong and tough style forward play . Mobile too but again just need nothing fancy from him , just some good solid forward play , especially as he is taking up 600 k of the cap . Think that Paseka is going O K in general , late season injury did not help but didn 't go too bad last season i thought .

Alioia was one of Manly 's best forwards if not players before his mid season or so injury and extended lay off . Needs a good off season [ and really should not include some dubious boxing activity ] to get properly prepared and to get back to his strong and tough style forward play . Mobile too but again just need nothing fancy from him , just some good solid forward play , especially as he is taking up 600 k of the cap . Think that Paseka is going O K in general , late season injury did not help but didn 't go too bad last season i thought .
Paseka could be anything but not enough of it from him still young. Josh need to get the crap out of his game.

We often struggle with the first few carries in our yardage sets coming out of trouble. Both our wingers get rag dolled and Parker and Harper rarely find their front. Too often our props get the ball on tackle 3 under all sorts of pressure. You can really notice the difference when Tom or a fresh interchange forward take that tough second carry or we move the ball laterally early. Generally when this happens our forwards get good service from Croker and we get a roll on. Perhaps offering up a few more wile exit strategies for or outside backs rather than dishing up predictable plays that are on a hiding to nothing will help out Croker and our forwards

We often struggle with the first few carries in our yardage sets coming out of trouble. Both our wingers get rag dolled and Parker and Harper rarely find their front. Too often our props get the ball on tackle 3 under all sorts of pressure. You can really notice the difference when Tom or a fresh interchange forward take that tough second carry or we move the ball laterally early. Generally when this happens our forwards get good service from Croker and we get a roll on. Perhaps offering up a few more wile exit strategies for or outside backs rather than dishing up predictable plays that are on a hiding to nothing will help out Croker and our forwards
This has been issue for 4 or 5 seasons now. Jorge has always been good here rest just get owned. Hank gets belted as does Saab. Obviously Jorge is not a first grader now

Manly 's strenghts are elsewhere .
Manlys strengths were basically in Toms palms of his hands through out the year

Stop Tom and you stopped Manly

And that is what the smart coaches did with their top teams when we were blown away in the finals

We need to step up elsewhere instead of relying on Tom to dig us out of games feathered friend

Last edited:
A quality Nine is the Spine is Divine and makes a huge difference to a team

We need more Number nine spine creativity and less predictability

Let us all wish Manase a speedy recovery and a fair trial in May

Last edited:
Manlys strengths were basically in Toms palms of his hands through out the year

Stop Tom and you stopped Manly

And that is what the smart coaches did with their top teams when we were blown away in the finals

We need to step up elsewhere instead of relying on Tom to dig us our of games feathered friend
Agree can’t rely on that influence all the time. Others need to step up

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8