Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for the welcome folks , long time reader here , longer time brookie hill boy, rod jackson was my favourite after Igor and wombat , loved how Jackco was a pathetic defender who managed to transition into a leep onto the chest ball and all 73 kg defender, proving everyone can learn a new trick … if they truly commit , memories for the fossils ! Ps I’m a member bozo , just saying

Thanks for the welcome folks , long time reader here , longer time brookie hill boy, rod jackson was my favourite after Igor and wombat , loved how Jackco was a pathetic defender who managed to transition into a leep onto the chest ball and all 73 kg defender, proving everyone can learn a new trick … if they truly commit , memories for the fossils ! Ps I’m a member bozo , just saying
Welcome feathered friend

Nice post

Thank you for adding to our forum and for being a proud member of our Legendary club

All Manly club members that support our club are true Manly Legends

croker does not need to over play his hand with Dce, Foz, schuster and tommy in ruck area. Keppie shown glimpses I make him start, we know Marty consistent but unfortunately goes missing a bit when heats comes and Paseka somewhat the same, Aloiai seems more intent on grubby crap and not becoming a better forward
Agree with most of your assessment winnyason, not sure what grubby crap Aloiai has done though, he hits the line hard and is a tough no nonsence type of player.

Agree with most of your assessment winnyason, not sure what grubby crap Aloiai has done though, he hits the line hard and is a tough no nonsence type of player.
The tackle in the prelim, the kick in the dogs game. That said he needs to lift his game for cash he is on we need him ti be better.

Your man Jackson was good enough to play in our 1976 grand final team feathered friend

He was only 73 Kg and pound for pound was worth his weight in Gold

Speedy and a great finisher and great club player

He is also sitting next to none other then the Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
1976.jpg

Thanks bozo great pic , brilliant team, and of course Bob .. in 75 ( I think) manly had issues with defence in forwards , they move Fulton to lock for 8 games and he tightened up the defense like a veteran 8 . Worked his guts out. He could do the tough work too. That team pic , the changed face of the game , not many polynesian brothers in the ranks in those days ..

croker does not need to over play his hand with Dce, Foz, schuster and tommy in ruck area. Keppie shown glimpses I make him start, we know Marty consistent but unfortunately goes missing a bit when heats comes and Paseka somewhat the same, Aloiai seems more intent on grubby crap and not becoming a better forward

True, Froggy doesn't need to over play his hand. However, you watch teams with nippy dummy halves - Penrith (Api), Souths (Cook), Storm (Grant), its not always about getting the ball out to the play makers. Whenever the forwards are getting tired they will often scoot out of dummy half and help keep their team on the front foot, keep the momentum going. And with today's go-faster rules, that brings the potential for more 6 again's which as we know can help a teams momentum no end.

While I saw Froggy as arguably our most improved player in 2021, we definitely could have and still could for 2022 use a good running game from dummy half. He doesn't have to run every set of six. Just run once in a while, maybe 5-6 times a game even. It would help a lot.

True, Froggy doesn't need to over play his hand. However, you watch teams with nippy dummy halves - Penrith (Api), Souths (Cook), Storm (Grant), its not always about getting the ball out to the play makers. Whenever the forwards are getting tired they will often scoot out of dummy half and help keep their team on the front foot, keep the momentum going. And with today's go-faster rules, that brings the potential for more 6 again's which as we know can help a teams momentum no end.

While I saw Froggy as arguably our most improved player in 2021, we definitely could have and still could for 2022 use a good running game from dummy half. He doesn't have to run every set of six. Just run once in a while, maybe 5-6 times a game even. It would help a lot.
I still think Cust can offer this as our #14. He is a dynamic runner from hooker. Start Croker and bring on Cust. Only problem is we have Walker as #14 and that probably won't change. If we go with a similar bench to last year, I'd consider playing Cust ahead of Lawton.

In saying that, Croker will no doubt continue to improve in his role and another pre season training there will do him the world of good.

I still think Cust can offer this as our #14. He is a dynamic runner from hooker. Start Croker and bring on Cust. Only problem is we have Walker as #14 and that probably won't change. If we go with a similar bench to last year, I'd consider playing Cust ahead of Lawton.

In saying that, Croker will no doubt continue to improve in his role and another pre season training there will do him the world of good.
I wonder how much Crockers continual development at #9 will be affected now that Matty Ballin has left the club?!

TBH, I'm not sure that Des see's Cust as anything more than solid backup material. He's had a number of chances to nail down a first grade spot over the past 3-4 years, yet still hasn't. Some of that has been injury related, but other times he's just been dropped because Des has seen someone else as a better option.

The way things actually stand, I don't think Cust has much of a solid first grade future at Manly without a lot of luck, injuries to other players or a change of coach. He's behind DCE, Foz, Walks and Froggy as a half. He's behind Froggy and Lawton as a #9 and he's behind Walks and Lawton as the bench utility (and that last is likely to become behind Froggy, Walks and Lawton when and if Fainu returns). Its unfortunate because Cade is talented, but I honestly think his talent has plateaued somewhat and I have a feeling Des thinks along similar lines.

TBH, I'm not sure that Des see's Cust as anything more than solid backup material. He's had a number of chances to nail down a first grade spot over the past 3-4 years, yet still hasn't. Some of that has been injury related, but other times he's just been dropped because Des has seen someone else as a better option.

The way things actually stand, I don't think Cust has much of a solid first grade future at Manly without a lot of luck, injuries to other players or a change of coach. He's behind DCE, Foz, Walks and Froggy as a half. He's behind Froggy and Lawton as a #9 and he's behind Walks and Lawton as the bench utility (and that last is likely to become behind Froggy, Walks and Lawton when and if Fainu returns). Its unfortunate because Cade is talented, but I honestly think his talent has plateaued somewhat and I have a feeling Des thinks along similar lines.
I dont think its a talent issue with Cust, more a defensive issue. Des likes a defensive 9 and Cust is a poor defender, its a shame because if he could defend with his attacking skills he would be a premier #9

It’d be sad not to see him play again, such an enormous talent.
Which he himself has possibly destroyed.

We all make choices that could effect our future.

He made decisions on friends and acquaintances that has led to this very point so if it does go south while a shame it will be throughly deserved.

I hope he didn't do what he's accused of and can come back a fulfil any potential I really do.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6