Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.'

Written around 400 BCE by one Socrates. The young will always behave in such manner until experience teaches them otherwise. Manese was involved in actions little different from what young people have done throughout the ages. Unfortunately his or other's actions led to a serious criminal act. Sometimes being in the wrong place etc. Experience is the great teacher and I'm sure most of us have been involved in situations that could have led to illegalities or association with such. I did and I was raised in a strongly Christian family, almost became a minister of religion and was parole officer for decades. But I had my wild times. Sometimes burning your hand in the fire is the only way you learn the best lessons.
"how sharper than a serpents tooth than it is to have a thankless child " or words to that effect from old Bill Shakespeare

So true ... when I was younger I ran with some "heroes" ... we said we were brothers ... all BS, now a few years later I never hear from any of them.
I watched a cop show on drug lords and the brotherhood. In 5-10 minutes into the car trip to the station they are ratting out each other and trying to do deals to keep out of jail.

Guilty or not, I hope the whole experience teaches himself and others with the same false sense of glory that comes with being a 'tough guy' that there is so much more to life than being a hero with a Gucci bum bag and some 'brothers' who have ya back.
Amen to that.

Yeah and as if that's the meaning of life. Like imagine your purpose and contribution to society is based off being 'dangerous'...like 'don't mess with us because we're dangerous. We can punch and kick and use weapons'. What a claim to fame that is?! More often than not that sort of behaviour is just indicative or some kind of emotional trauma; to perceive that the world is a battlefield that must be navigated in such terms is sad.

Love your Username and Avatar pic too btw; very clever!
Better than my alternative name "Turbo's Crack"

Hear, hear mate. I've learnt over time that the term "friendship" is teflon / fake. Nothing better than a loyal wife and beautiful kids. Blood truly is thicker than water. Friends are always there when it's sunny, but throw some clouds into the mix, watch how quickly they disappear.

I hope you're all good now mate !
Perspective time

Firstly I am happy for you that you have a beautiful family as beautiful people in our lives make for a beautiful world that we live in

The moral of the story
Blood may be thicker than water but true friendship is thicker than both

Just like your dearest loyal wife was not blood before you met her and she became your inspiration and Special friend . So too are Good hearted loyal special people that come into our life and are worthy to be called our Mates .

Just as we are lucky to find that special partner.
We are as equally lucky to find a special mate and both are not blood line but both will fight for us in the front line in life .

Loyal good mates do exist and I am lucky to be have a few of them and I am proud to say that I am one of them . Loyal till the end to my Manly club

A famous historical person once said 'those we can trust are the best relatives'.
I see what you see here feathered friend

A persons character is not defined by their blood count .

It is defines by their actions as peoples actions is what really counts

trust
loyalty
Honesty
empathy
compassion are our best relatives indeed

Wooow sounds like Fainu may never play again even if he does get cleared at court. His shoulder for a young kid is already finished. It’s time to chase a classy 9 and stop worrying about Fainu we can’t win a comp without a classy 9.

Suspended Manly hooker Manase Fainu hasn’t played a game for two years but he will remarkably need to go under the knife again to repair his troublesome shoulder after a training mishap.

There were fears Fainu’s career may have come to a premature end but surgeons have given the 23-year-old hope that he will recover from his latest setback.

Fainu’s left shoulder popped out during a training drill recently - he is allowed to continue training with Manly even though he has been stood down by the NRL’s no-fault policy since the end of 2019, Covid-19 having dragged out his court appearance.

Even if he had been cleared to play, he would have remained sidelined because of his ongoing shoulder problems, which started when he had a staph infection that deteriorated his reconstructed shoulder.

Medical experts believe Fainu can make a recovery with a plan to tighten his shoulder with a skin graft from his hamstring. While the NRL website lists Fainu as contracted for next season, it is understood no deal has been registered with head office and won’t be until he is cleared by the courts.

He will be allowed to continue to train with Manly while he awaits his court date - he is expected to front court in July.

Wooow sounds like Fainu may never play again even if he does get cleared at court. His shoulder for a young kid is already finished. It’s time to chase a classy 9 and stop worrying about Fainu we can’t win a comp without a classy 9.

Suspended Manly hooker Manase Fainu hasn’t played a game for two years but he will remarkably need to go under the knife again to repair his troublesome shoulder after a training mishap.

There were fears Fainu’s career may have come to a premature end but surgeons have given the 23-year-old hope that he will recover from his latest setback.

Fainu’s left shoulder popped out during a training drill recently - he is allowed to continue training with Manly even though he has been stood down by the NRL’s no-fault policy since the end of 2019, Covid-19 having dragged out his court appearance.

Even if he had been cleared to play, he would have remained sidelined because of his ongoing shoulder problems, which started when he had a staph infection that deteriorated his reconstructed shoulder.

Medical experts believe Fainu can make a recovery with a plan to tighten his shoulder with a skin graft from his hamstring. While the NRL website lists Fainu as contracted for next season, it is understood no deal has been registered with head office and won’t be until he is cleared by the courts.

He will be allowed to continue to train with Manly while he awaits his court date - he is expected to front court in July.
Question being would his shoulder have recovered normally if he hadn't allegedly been jumping an alleged fence at an alleged church dance?

Amazing family coming through. The respect we will receive of the Islander community will pay off in the future. Latu the 5/8 from Matts will be an absolute superstar in the next few years. He is playing up an age group and was the best player in the comp. Sam the front rower will be too.

Amazing family coming through. The respect we will receive of the Islander community will pay off in the future. Latu the 5/8 from Matts will be an absolute superstar in the next few years. He is playing up an age group and was the best player in the comp. Sam the front rower will be too.
So you’re saying that we should keep waiting on Manase because maybe he will get off his charges, and maybe his shoulder will be okay. All to keep a few young kids happy that may potentially be stars?

All well and good, hopefully his brothers understand the situation for what it is and will respect the clubs decision to sign a new hooker that can deliver for us now. But sorry, no one player or family is bigger than the club.

Hopefully he comes good. But not good if he is taking a spot in the squad and salary cap money for another year and not playing.
Can look after him outside the cap for a year till he comes good.

Hopefully he comes good. But not good if he is taking a spot in the squad and salary cap money for another year and not playing.
Can look after him outside the cap for a year till he comes good.
Even though he's still being paid by us, I don't it counts as part of the salary cap under the stand down rules

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6