Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
C

Competent at best----which is enough if Manly are a top performing team and problematic when you are a middle of the road side with injuries.

I'm not saying Levi was or is the answer but for the level Manly are at now he was a good 2nd year option---- for a more stable squad going into 2021.

Remember Levi was late to the squad and i feel would of performed much better in year 2 with a good off season and understanding the squad better.

The pressure to perform on a 1yr contract is immense so you start to over play things or play for yourself because you want to stand out and leave an impression to attract another contract.

I think Levi could of been a solid hooker at a value price using those extra funds saved to strengthen up the depth in other areas.

There was a good indicator of Levi's competitive nature in a game at Brookie, i recall Manly were in a go forward set hitting the short side and i think the centre or backrower(don't recall all the details) wasn't pushed up at the ad line after the play the ball to hit a hole and make good yardage----Levi let it be known to the player to stay alert and be on your toes and he was right---the player just stood back at depth with no urgency to take advantage.

Probably now the reply will be "If Fainu was at hooker all players will be alert and ready to push up along side him at the ad line because he is of such high quality"
I cant argue that Levi isnt competitive and agree with a lot of it. Although I think he was self-centred at times (the knights games his efforts were noticeable, also late season when desperate for a contract). But as far as nrl quality hookers come he’s probably at the wrong end when it comes to intuition and game managing. Hookers were so important this season across the comp.

I think he is a good depth option. But his attitude and entitlement probably cost him any value he could provide. I cringed a little when I read his interview when he first signed with us. He said something along the lines of “I think im one of the best hookers in the game but havent been given a chance at the Knights”. This despite being dropped and sitting in reserve grade.

Plenty of fish in the sea. Particularly at the roosters, wouldn’t mind Freddy Lussick to fill Levi’s role.

He has been with Waddell a lot on instagram but also hanging with the Manly boys. He would be a handy pick up and could even start at hooker. I rate him!
I thought he stifled the Penrith attack in 2019 and that replacing him with Api was a big part of why the side went so well this year. He's a good Lithgow boy who plays tough, but his attack appears somewhat limited.

I must admit I’m still a little confused at why Manly would re-sign Fainu ( no don’t worry I know all the reasoning) without trying to look at a decent hooker just in case the **** hits the fan.

And sorry I do not subscribe to Foran at 9 or a relatively inexperienced ( at NRL level ) Cade Cust being first choice.

And please don’t even go there with Croker.

Even IF recruitment knows more than we do it’s still the end of season 21 before the case will be heard so Fainu is a 2022 option at best.

Regardless of all the fresh young experienced or otherwise players we sign we are still very short of probably the key position on the field.

100% agree with evrything you said @Mark from Brisbane.

My "person" that was arrested and refused bail over 5 months ago has been told his case could be up to 2 years away, 12 months is best case scenario.

I know it would of been a real longshot but they should of thrown everything at Jake Friend.

His 50-60 tacks in the centre of the ruck, his leadership and toughness could of made a huge difference to us being top 8 side instantly.

Forget the Foran/ Cust BS. I'd prefer Nathan Peats.

I have a feeling we will get a Chris McQueen, Aiden Tolman or a Bryce Cartwright announcement soon.

I thought he stifled the Penrith attack in 2019 and that replacing him with Api was a big part of why the side went so well this year. He's a good Lithgow boy who plays tough, but his attack appears somewhat limited.
I think a few things made Panthers better this year but with what's available at hooker at the moment he would be handy to snag. Any genuine hooker that isn't Levi or Croker would be a good pick up. Joey johns rates him, he plays through the middle which suits the new rules

I must admit I’m still a little confused at why Manly would re-sign Fainu ( no don’t worry I know all the reasoning) without trying to look at a decent hooker just in case the **** hits the fan.

And sorry I do not subscribe to Foran at 9 or a relatively inexperienced ( at NRL level ) Cade Cust being first choice.

And please don’t even go there with Croker.

Even IF recruitment knows more than we do it’s still the end of season 21 before the case will be heard so Fainu is a 2022 option at best.

Regardless of all the fresh young experienced or otherwise players we sign we are still very short of probably the key position on the field.
There will be a backup hooker signed - and I gather they know something about Fainu to get rid of Levi

I wonder if this tweet by NRLphysio re Michael Morgan is relevant to Manase:
"Situation to keep an eye on over the offseason; Michael Morgan & his shoulder. After undergoing shoulder “repair” (likely stabilisation) surgery earlier this year a post-op infection was discovered, which initially required a surgical washout & delayed his return to play.
On return he suffered ongoing complications (weakness/pain?) & withdrew from Origin series. Follow up scans showed infection had caused “havoc” in his shoulder (likely cartilage degeneration), were fears he would require further surgery or in extreme case be career threatening.
nfection only happens in 1-2% of post surgical (arthroscopy) patients, can initiate an inflammatory response within the joint & secrete chemicals designed to degrade body tissues. Prolonged low grade infection can result in loss of function or progress to septic arthritis."

I wonder if this tweet by NRLphysio re Michael Morgan is relevant to Manase:
"Situation to keep an eye on over the offseason; Michael Morgan & his shoulder. After undergoing shoulder “repair” (likely stabilisation) surgery earlier this year a post-op infection was discovered, which initially required a surgical washout & delayed his return to play.
On return he suffered ongoing complications (weakness/pain?) & withdrew from Origin series. Follow up scans showed infection had caused “havoc” in his shoulder (likely cartilage degeneration), were fears he would require further surgery or in extreme case be career threatening.
nfection only happens in 1-2% of post surgical (arthroscopy) patients, can initiate an inflammatory response within the joint & secrete chemicals designed to degrade body tissues. Prolonged low grade infection can result in loss of function or progress to septic arthritis."
I asked him if it was same situation with Manase and he just came back saying it is very similar.

I asked him if it was same situation with Manase and he just came back saying it is very similar.
It was the same issue with Sam Burgess apparently (among his many issues....). It just shows you that there is risk whenever you go under the knife.

Sign Brandon Smith NOW. I'm sorry but we have to let him go. Thus could be another De Bellin case. We cannot carry someone who maybe out for 2 or more years due to their actions off field and not football related. This is a business and we need a quality #9.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6