Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I'm certainly no expert so I understand I'm way off but I often wonder.....

Why other hookers (levi) see how effective this is but think: "You know... I'm not going to try and step, I'm not going to duck under tackles, I'm not going work on accelerating quickly past tired markers.... hey.... why am I without a contract?"

P.S. - I think that other other positions as well. Like: So Jake fires an inside ball to Tom. How come the fill in fullback doesn't plan to do this with Jake, etc?

Why other hookers (levi) see how effective this but think: "You know... I'm not going to try and step, I'm not going to duck under tackles, I'm not going work on accelerating quickly past tired markers.... hey.... why am I without a contract?"
Haha me too. But I guess there aren't too many players who are still naturally elusive even in the heat of battle when they have a gang of angry, massive opponents trying to grab and hurt them!

Why other hookers (levi) see how effective this but think: "You know... I'm not going to try and step, I'm not going to duck under tackles, I'm not going work on accelerating quickly past tired markers.... hey.... why am I without a contract?"
Levi unfortunately doesn't have the instinct needed to know when, where, and how to take advantages of opposition weaknesses. You can't teach this stuff. Fainu is also considerably stronger and doesn't get ragdolled and pummelled at first contact

No, Des was mixing it up to keep our opposition on their toes. Fainu has never been proven to be able to play near 50 minutes, let alone 80.
No, he won the starting spot which is why Des let Api go. If he was simply mixing it up we would have kept him. Manly put their eggs in the Fainu basket.

He will struggle when and if he comes back after having two years off. However, his talent and physical attributes can’t be denied. I think he is the most exciting young hooker with tremendous potential for a great career if he keeps his act together off the field and removes himself from any distractions and bad influences.

I also don’t think we necessarily need an 80 minute hooker. Nothing wrong with a utility coming on for 20 mins with fresh legs given its a faster game these days.

How do we really know?

Fainu was coming on as an impact player while API was doing all the hard work, especially in defence.

It is naive to think Fainu will have the same success he had in 2019 if he was playing 80 minutes, especially in the short term.
yes, that combo worked amazing. faniu will have to build into an 80 min player. thats why a player like Jazz from the warriors would be good. A player who could start, do a lot of the tough tackling but still have a decent hooker game and then could also play in back row.

Obviously cheeze is the ideal player - but he wants to play 80 mins as a hooker. Would be ideal to start with cheeze at hooker and then get him to transition into the back row/lock as the game goes on and bring on faniu. Jake could stay on field and play lock or middle.

How do we really know?

Fainu was coming on as an impact player while API was doing all the hard work, especially in defence.

It is naive to think Fainu will have the same success he had in 2019 if he was playing 80 minutes, especially in the short term.
Agree to a certain extent. I think Cust can play the Fainu role and play it very well. The problem is we don't have an Api. Its why I believe Des will use Croker as the Api role to take all the early defence and use Cust as the impact.

Not too sure with Croker starting . Just think that if Cust can not handle the intensity at any stage of a game , including starting , then he really can not be the rel deal there . More and more likely now that another 9 acquisition will not occur so just have to go with what we have got and without Fauni . Sure that all is being done to prepare Cade for a starting role at 9 and to cope with the playing role there .

Agree to a certain extent. I think Cust can play the Fainu role and play it very well. The problem is we don't have an Api. Its why I believe Des will use Croker as the Api role to take all the early defence and use Cust as the impact.
If we use up Cust and Croker in our 17, and Foran and The Shoe, then it only leaves two on the interchange bench, which will almost certainly be two props. This means that only one of our optional second rowers will be in the 17: Jetski, Guaca or Davey.
That worries me.

If we use up Cust and Croker in our 17, and Foran and The Shoe, then it only leaves two on the interchange bench, which will almost certainly be two props. This means that only one of our optional second rowers will be in the 17: Jetski, Guaca or Davey.
That worries me.
Agreed. No room for Crocker in the 17.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8