Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bear, if you could prove that Fainu would be as good as Eadie .. I would say no ..

Also Batty was just starting what would have been his last year ..... Api is still improving and has at least 5/6 years left ....

All I'm suggesting is that we shouldnt be over committing on a player who is good, but at 25 is unlikely to get much better if you have someone coming through who may, in a year or two be better. I know there are no assurances here but usually when a player has close to a complete set of game skills and general toughness, they will make it at the higher grade. I would offer Api a 2 year contract, 3 at most, to see what eventuates with Fainu. Give him any longer and you've shut the door, which will no doubt be open elsewhere. This is what happened with Gutherson. The player needs to see that potentially he's a fit in a couple of years. If he's not, then nothing lost.

All I'm suggesting is that we shouldnt be over committing on a player who is good, but at 25 is unlikely to get much better if you have someone coming through who may, in a year or two be better. I know there are no assurances here but usually when a player has close to a complete set of game skills and general toughness, they will make it at the higher grade. I would offer Api a 2 year contract, 3 at most, to see what eventuates with Fainu. Give him any longer and you've shut the door, which will no doubt be open elsewhere. This is what happened with Gutherson. The player needs to see that potentially he's a fit in a couple of years. If he's not, then nothing lost.

Problem is Api or any FG player will want a 3/4 year contract .... no problem ... if Fainu becomes that good, they will find a way to move Api on.

I think people have forgotten how good API has been for us. Yes, his form has dipped in the last few weeks along with the rest of the side. If anything he’s been trying too hard and as a result mistakes have crept into his game.

Never said that Api isnt good. He is. But if someone better came aong what would you do?

Never said that Api isnt good. He is. But if someone better came aong what would you do?
I can’t see how you are able to say Fainu is better at this stage. He might turn out to be, but from what I’ve seen of him he’s nowhere near ready to be a starting nine capable of playing big minutes in first grade yet. Particularly in defence.

I can’t see how you are able to say Fainu is better at this stage. He might turn out to be, but from what I’ve seen of him he’s nowhere near ready to be a starting nine capable of playing big minutes in first grade yet. Particularly in defence.

Firstly Big Kev I didnt say he's ready today, though he may be worth a try off the bench. This is lookng at our future and recognising that when contracts are being made up, its always wise to look at what you have on the way up.. Of course this doesnt apply to your stars like TT and JT and DCE. Sign them up for life if you can. But for those first graders who deserve a spot in your team, but arent world beaters, surely its wise to always keep your options open, especially if you see someone on the rise in the lower grades.

I would be doing this with players like Fainu, Tom Wright, Funa, Suli, Schuster, Turbo 3, Albert Hoppa. A few of these may become your top stars of the future, so I would suggest its always wise not to put all your eggs in one basket and sign up players you've got in first grade who are good but not outstanding, for long term contracts. Let the juniors see that vacancies could appear for them in 2-3 years or less. Surely if you dont do this they will look elsewhere. Its a bit of a gamble because probably most of these kids wont be stars. But that's why the Roosters for example succeed far more than most. They always keep their options open.

I remember watching fainu last year when 20s won the comp and he controlled the game. Was a hooker playing sometimes like a 5/8 a bit like cam smith, putting blokes in holes. If we lose fainu / can’t call him up soon I’m officially done with manly’s management team... the kids a gun

Firstly Big Kev I didnt say he's ready today, though he may be worth a try off the bench. This is lookng at our future and recognising that when contracts are being made up, its always wise to look at what you have on the way up.. Of course this doesnt apply to your stars like TT and JT and DCE. Sign them up for life if you can. But for those first graders who deserve a spot in your team, but arent world beaters, surely its wise to always keep your options open, especially if you see someone on the rise in the lower grades.

I would be doing this with players like Fainu, Tom Wright, Funa, Suli, Schuster, Turbo 3, Albert Hoppa. A few of these may become your top stars of the future, so I would suggest its always wise not to put all your eggs in one basket and sign up players you've got in first grade who are good but not outstanding, for long term contracts. Let the juniors see that vacancies could appear for them in 2-3 years or less. Surely if you dont do this they will look elsewhere. Its a bit of a gamble because probably most of these kids wont be stars. But that's why the Roosters for example succeed far more than most. They always keep their options open.
Agree with all of that.

I haven't read half of this thread, but we are a rabble. We just have to win over the Knights, then face the Roosters. It's scary, because our season is on the line, but I'm semi confident to beat the Knights, then Roosters are beatable, up to the team, if they want to win.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8