Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SirPigman

From today’s Telegraph

From bad to worse

Still on Manly and the club has some serious rostering issues. Hooker Api Koroisau copped a cork at training on Tuesday and the salary cap dramas aren’t allowing them to blood one of their best youngsters, Manase Fainu. The hooker is viewed as a Jackson Hastings replacement after captaining the club to the under-20s title last year. However, he can’t get an NRL call up at present because he’s not in the top 30 players on Manly’s books. It’s a situation the Sea Eagles need to resolve - the kid is an absolute gun and there are three other clubs watching the situation with interest.

Exactly, weren't green & myles in the top 30 also. It's almost like the rules are tweaked against us until we cannot field a complete team and get fined for that also

Wish the NRL would explain how Myles and Darcy are still counted in our Top 30 :mad:

Or Manly issue a statement to Members as to why we have yet another Season playing with 28

Really handicaps Baz :cool:

Again, now Lussick is gone why hasn’t anyone been moved up?
I just don't get it. Would be so nice if Lyall Gorman would come out and simply explain the exact Top 30 situation - even if it means throwing Nate Myles under the bus - let's face it, it wouldn't hurt him!
Is it possible that challenging the salary cap finding has all our roster management frozen? Surely not.

From today’s Telegraph

From bad to worse

Still on Manly and the club has some serious rostering issues. Hooker Api Koroisau copped a cork at training on Tuesday and the salary cap dramas aren’t allowing them to blood one of their best youngsters, Manase Fainu. The hooker is viewed as a Jackson Hastings replacement after captaining the club to the under-20s title last year. However, he can’t get an NRL call up at present because he’s not in the top 30 players on Manly’s books. It’s a situation the Sea Eagles need to resolve - the kid is an absolute gun and there are three other clubs watching the situation with interest.

I believe the aforementioned content is from the SMH and not the DT.

I am unable to post a link, will I'm not sure how to post the link itself however the writer is Adrian Proszenko.

On the topic itself the club making most inroads into signing the youngster are the Parramatta Eels.

Pathetic that we are hamstrung and those pests are given assistance to do as they please.

We all should be scared after what Dr Pimplepopper MD told the BSB on Monday morning; the NRL can't wait to see a packed out Parramatta stadium at the opening next year along with every fortnight thereafter.

Every other NRL club should be disgusted at the clear bias being developed and openly portrayed by the current administration.

I just don't get it. Would be so nice if Lyall Gorman would come out and simply explain the exact Top 30 situation - even if it means throwing Nate Myles under the bus - let's face it, it wouldn't hurt him!
Is it possible that challenging the salary cap finding has all our roster management frozen? Surely not.

Our roster is a work in progress we are currently working on signings, at the moment they are external not promotion from within.

In regards the cap position with Myles and Lussick the way it works is you can only have 30 players on NRL contracts players 30-26 are a minimum of 70k players 25-1 are a minimum for 100k. So if a player is paid a termination fee like Myles in 2018 or a player leaves mid season like Lussick and they fall within the above numbers they count as a position in the Top 30. My understanding is Lussick was on just over 400k so with 6 months gone he has been paid just over 200k that fits him well within our top 30 cost wise and as so, despite freeing up 200k from the cap he still takes a place and must remain on that list despite the fact he cant take the field for us. Similar to Myles who was paid part of his contract fee for this year, it also fits within the top 30 as such he uses up a place and means we can only have up to 28 players available each week at best.

Be nice if Lyall Gorman said and/or did anything actually.

Wish the NRL would explain how Myles and Darcy are still counted in our Top 30 :mad:

Or Manly issue a statement to Members as to why we have yet another Season playing with 28

Really handicaps Baz :cool:

I think that’s easy, Myles is in year 3 of a 3 year contract, the fact he’s actually retired is irrelevant to the NRL.

And Darcy would have negotiated being paid to the end of the year, despite now living in Canada he’s still on the list according to the NRL.

I’d suggest the only way to get a player off your list is for another club to pick them up and agree to pay for them in full from that moment!

So the original 28 we saw on the clubs website was in reality 29.

And no money left to buy the 30th player, which is why we can’t bring up young Fainu.

So if we work on the 29, off we have Myles, Lussick and due to injury Sirronen, Tangles, Tafua and Parker.

And assuming Hastings is consigned to BWSE, it means for a fair bit of this season we have only 22 players, increasing to 24 when Tafua and Parker return.

I’m sure the NRL wouldn’t let that happen to any other team but given the Manly response to the Cap fines I imagine it’s a “ well **** you” attitude.

Our roster is a work in progress we are currently working on signings, at the moment they are external not promotion from within.

In regards the cap position with Myles and Lussick the way it works is you can only have 30 players on NRL contracts players 30-26 are a minimum of 70k players 25-1 are a minimum for 100k. So if a player is paid a termination fee like Myles in 2018 or a player leaves mid season like Lussick and they fall within the above numbers they count as a position in the Top 30. My understanding is Lussick was on just over 400k so with 6 months gone he has been paid just over 200k that fits him well within our top 30 cost wise and as so, despite freeing up 200k from the cap he still takes a place and must remain on that list despite the fact he cant take the field for us. Similar to Myles who was paid part of his contract fee for this year, it also fits within the top 30 as such he uses up a place and means we can only have up to 28 players available each week at best.
Thanks for the explanation. What then, was the upside of letting Lussick go?

I think that’s easy, Myles is in year 3 of a 3 year contract, the fact he’s actually retired is irrelevant to the NRL.

And Darcy would have negotiated being paid to the end of the year, despite now living in Canada he’s still on the list according to the NRL.

I’d suggest the only way to get a player off your list is for another club to pick them up and agree to pay for them in full from that moment!

So the original 28 we saw on the clubs website was in reality 29.

And no money left to buy the 30th player, which is why we can’t bring up young Fainu.

So if we work on the 29, off we have Myles, Lussick and due to injury Sirronen, Tangles, Tafua and Parker.

And assuming Hastings is consigned to BWSE, it means for a fair bit of this season we have only 22 players, increasing to 24 when Tafua and Parker return.

I’m sure the NRL wouldn’t let that happen to any other team but given the Manly response to the Cap fines I imagine it’s a “ well **** you” attitude.

Remember...player welfare #1 says greenburg.

yeah right

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8