Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, unfortunate outcome but I must admit I started to think he was in for bad news after reading his testimony the other day.

The 2 things that raised flags in my mind were his claims that he wore the towel because he had a headache & that it was easier to get back into the church by climbing the wall.

I assume the jurors all saw those claims as complete BS which would have undermined any credibility he may have had in their eyes & made them wonder what else he was lying about.

Surely the club is smart enough to issue a statement saying all contact with Manase in now cut off, contract torn up. And they need to be into all the players about no support for him on social media. Enough is enough.

Terrible look to sponsors if we are somehow seen as still supporting him.

Be careful of your racist comments mate. No need to judge people based on their color or background. There are hardened crims out there who are not Polynesian and of a certain color that resembles the color of milk.

Who in our team are frequently presenting themselves in photo's on social media using gang signs, smoking those bongs together, and "repping their hoods" though? Pretty sure it's not Garrick, Parker, any Trbojevic, Keppie, Davey (gone), Lawton, Croker, Walker (gone), DCE, Foz (gone) or Bullemor?

2 eyewitnesses say he did it. No witnesses for the defence. CCTV places him at the scene in dodgy circumstances. There’s the case in a nutshell.
Both the witness's were victims best friends. They said they noticed the sling. They could have easily lied? The prosecution is basically all built on their statement. I wonder if you could request a polygraph?

I tend to agree if Faniu didn't do it, no one is going to step up or put throw another guy under the bus, even if Faniu is innocent.

I thought Faniu basically had a knock out case last year, before a key witness had to go on a Mormon mission? What happened to that?
Why would the 2 witnesses both lie & say it was Fainu if it was one of his mates who did the stabbing?
The witness's were best friends with the victim. One of them was room mates with the victim. They simply could have a grudge against Faniu or his group, just telling lies or actually convincing themselves it was him.

It is strange that no one from the defence stood up and made a statement they were next to Faniu when they heard the stabbing or witnessed it and were 10m away from the event as Faniu claimed. No one made any statement like that to counter the only two eye witnesses.

Either Faniu did it or his group that were involved don't want to take the stand?

That is what i thought was going to happen with that witness last year that went on the Mormon mission. Give evidence to clear him?

Both the witness's were victims best friends. They said they noticed the sling. They could have easily lied? The prosecution is basically all built on their statement. I wonder if you could request a polygraph?

I tend to agree if Faniu didn't do it, no one is going to step up or put throw another guy under the bus, even if Faniu is innocent.

I thought Faniu basically had a knock out case last year, before a key witness had to go on a Mormon mission? What happened to that?

The witness's were best friends with the victim. One of them was room mates with the victim. They simply could have a grudge against Faniu or his group, just telling lies or actually convincing themselves it was him.

It is strange that no one from the defence stood up and made a statement they were next to Faniu when they heard the stabbing or witnessed it and were 10m away from the event as Faniu claimed. No one made any statement like that to counter the only two eye witnesses.

Either Faniu did it or his group that were involved don't want to take the stand?

That is what i thought was going to happen with that witness last year that went on the Mormon mission. Give evidence to clear him?
Yeah but why would the witnesses not just say they saw one of his mates do it?

Why specifially lie & say it was Fainu instead of say, Big Buck?

I thought the witness that went on the missionlast year was actully one of the prosecution's witnesses, hence the anger at the trial being delayed by the prosecution?

Anyway, unfortunate outcome but I must admit I started to think he was in for bad news after reading his testimony the other day.

The 2 things that raised flags in my mind were his claims that he wore the towel because he had a headache & that it was easier to get back into the church by climbing the wall.

I assume the jurors all saw those claims as complete BS which would have undermined any credibility he may have had in their eyes & made them wonder what else he was lying about.
True. If you start lying not a good look. Idiot

I have just viewed the Ch 9 news on the outcome on YouTube. I can’t post the link as I have just joined.

Midway through it, one of the witnesses while going into the paddy wagon said the stabber was the “young one with the shorts”. Fainu in the CCTV was not wearing shorts. I don’t know whether person in the Ch 9 video was Quach. However, Quach in his testimony said he Identified the person by his sling. Moreover, if a person that had a sling as well as in shorts, would you initially identify him as wearing shorts.

This shows weaknesses in the witness account.

Does anyone know what happens now? Is he in custody awaiting a sentence?

He would of been told yesterday to bring his gear, (they dont let you duck home to pack an over night bag)

These type violence charges automatically rule out bail these days.

He can look forward to being locked in a cell for 23.5 hours a day. In the half hour out he gets to shower, exercise and make phone calls (he will have to join the line and have money in his account).

While in the cell he gets (barely) fed, he will be cold (unlesss he shares a cell with friendly type who gets a raging hard on every few hours - that will keep him busy), there will most likely be mice,/rats people screaming out all night, a toliet near his bed. If he has money he might get a TV in time, maybe a toaster.

The good news it will probably one be for 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8