Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you truly believe that I am advocating that it is ok to stab a person in the back because they are polynesian and it is their culture then maybe you should see a shrink if that is what you got from my comment......
You were the one referencing polynesians as being the potential problem,unless your memory is so short you have already forgotten.
If Fainu appeals and gets off,I hope you retract your comment and offer a full apology,but by then I am sure we will all have forgotten garbage typed on a forum.......

Jeez, you have your flame thrower out tonight, you're on fire.

Yes, I referenced the Polynesian players in our team as being associated with the gang crap. Am I wrong ? I don't see Parker, the Turbo's, Croker , Garrick, Foz, DCE, Davey, Keppie or Bullemor being associated with the rubbish ?

Lastly, he's been found guilty by a court of law, and in fact a judiciary (that only deliberated for 2 hours) for knifing some bloke twice at a church function, as a gang, then taking off. What do you expect people to do? Praise him?

We won't agree on this, so it's best to leave it alone before it deteriorates. I'm pretty flexible to have my mind changed on most things, but on this one, I'm not with you.

And I'd never apologise to the human paraquat. He's a repeat offender, worse than Carney and many, many of the ex players you'd likely call complete grubs.

So we may as well leave it right here.

It is ok Ryan,we all know that you prefer Manly supporters and players from an appropriate socio-economic demographic,there are also many on here who seem to prefer an all white Manly policy.
Maybe someone on here should start a poll about whether Manly should look to only recruit players that are non-polynesian?
Let us see how really ****ing inclusive the people on this forum are.......
Just jokes people,unless it is too close to the truth.......
Man, Cliff Lyons was my favourite Manly player by a country mile. I could not give a flying you knowwhat about someone’s background. Talent is talent. The guy was a footy genius full stop. It saddens me to read your post. Where does this view on a Manly white policy come from? I must be bloody blind. I am serious what makes you say this? Btw surely you have worked out Ryan way other thinks things and as a result things don’t always come out right…
In regards to Polynesian players Manly proudly always had a strong representation of players from those backgrounds. One of the reasons Manly has had strong support in NZ from what I understand.

Last edited:
Wow - I wasn't sure he would be found guilty but then again we have no idea of all of the evidence. I am guessing and it is just a guess that there now might be an appeal. But yes what a waste of talent and a waste of 3 years. It will certainly reinforce the NRL's stand down policy that is for sure. I don't think the Polynesian culture had anything to do with this. Kids/people from all cultures get involved in bad things. Do I know he is part of a gang... no not at all. Not sure any of us have any idea. It certainly seems that he makes some really poor choices with his social media postings etc and certainly a really really bad choice to head back to that Church gathering. It might come out eventually what happened but yes there will be an Appeal no doubt unless he is offered time already spent. Again I will say - our financial investment as well as all the support the club have given him is more to do with keeping his brothers than Fainu himself. The only thing is that serious issues like this have a way of imploding and this guilty outcome has the prospect of further fracturing our playing group as well as destroying the strong relationship we have tried to have with the family. All the money we have thrown at that family might well come to nothing if the siblings decide to leave despite all we have done and head to another club. Something that wont surprise me after this and the Boycott 10 issues. This verdict and the Boycott 10 drama certainly have a way to play out yet.

Sounds like a Days Inn I stayed in once in Orlando....
The entire carpet was wet. I complained and I was moved, later learning that there had been a murder in my initial room and it was just drying out after being forensically cleaned.
Things is always better than they seem...

Whether he actually did it or not who knows. I’ve been on the fence the whole time, giving him the BoD. But like @Eagle of London says, how is the form of some of the people around here changing tune like the wind.

Also the fact of them bringing other teammates into the situation. Just because they’re mates with him and supporting him.
Deadset some of the people around here probably have no friends irl and if they did I wouldn’t trust them, they’d dog you at the first opportunity.
By the logic some use Brett Stewart should’ve had none of his good mates supporting him at his trial.

Also if you clowns are going to bring JA into it at least do some research and realise that he came out with a passionate plea for youth to stop with violent acts in recent past.
He did it... he was trialed in front of a jury and found guilty...
If you sh*t in one hand and wish In the other can you guess which one fills up first...?
JA is a first class goose if he thinks court-side selfies are not glorification of an accused (now convicted) felon...
Fwiw... the day white players at Manly start acting like these flogs, they can f**k off too... these blokes are hired gangsta wanna-bes that are infiltrating our club with their 'culture'... they think they are bigger than the club and have grown up thinking they exist outside the rules of society... i feel sorry for the blokes that have to share the dressing room with these uncommitted muppets...
they can all f**k off back to clubs like the tigpies and Riff where they belong...

the day white players at Manly start acting like these flogs, they can f**k off too.

When did this become a racial thing?

We have had Kiwis and Polynesian players for as long as I can remember.

We've had more than a few indigenous guys.

Heck, we've even had a couple of full blown rangas.

This is not a skin colour problem.

There's plenty of dickheads in the NRL, including our club, with all types of skin colour.

I don't think the Polynesian culture had anything to do with this. Kids/people from all cultures get involved in bad things...
Polynesian culture had SFA impact...the worst blokes in the jails are often white Anglo-Saxon males and there are plenty of scrawny white junkies running around.
This bloke and his crew (of whom many have/do still where our jersey) is not representative of his heritage, he is representative of a sub-culture where young blokes and women associate violent sadomasochistic imagery and behaviour with popularity and success...

Last edited:

There's plenty of dickheads in the NRL, including our club, with all types of skin colour.
Exactly... the above posters were suggesting that these guys are being singled out due to race... and ignoring the fact that they are just d*cks

Yeah but why would the witnesses not just say they saw one of his mates do it?

Why specifially lie & say it was Fainu instead of say, Big Buck?

I thought the witness that went on the missionlast year was actully one of the prosecution's witnesses, hence the anger at the trial being delayed by the prosecution?
People on missions aren’t impossible to get to appear as a witness. Sounds like more bs.

The thing is, he gave some pretty poor responses to why he was wearing the towel or trying to hide his identity, they snuck in looking for trouble, and if Faniu didn't do it, he surely knows who did or one of his group members knows. There were only 5 of them including Faniu.

They tried to roll the dice by getting off with what they thought was a lack of incriminating evidence and without putting anyone else from that group on the stand, possibly the stabber if it was not in fact Faniu.

Only hope now IF he didn't do it is put the blame on the actual stabber, but doubt that will happen.

The way it looks atm, more guilty than not guilty
That’s what the judge and jury thought too, and they got the full trial. We only got media reports.

Just seen the channel 9 vision of him leaving court on insta. The look on his face is one of complete bewilderment at whats just happened.
It really looks like he thought he would get off and the reality of whats just happened has been a surprise to say the least.
If he was protecting someone else he's going to have some time to think about it now.
It’s a bit late.

Interesting use of the term "perverse verdict", code I think for the jury has totally fpuked it up or has ignored what she considers to be oblivious evidence or lack there of ...maybe one of our learned friends SER8 etc ? can elucidate
Well George Pell got off (after losing his first appeal) so anything's possible. I wouldn't like his chances based just on the media snippets but as I've said all the way through, can't really make sensible judgments based on those. Fact is he is now a convicted stabber awaiting sentence.

Here we go again, unnecessarily using rangas to make a point… My people have feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8