Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its so interesting to see the mood turn on here after the guilty verdict. He's now a piece of **** who can go and get ....... from most. 8 hours ago he was a good bloke who had been set up.

The thing is had the not guilty verdict come down the same people death riding him now would have been wax lyrical even though deep down they would know he was involved in a violent crime and either did it or knew who did it.

here in the UK, they brought in law some time back I think that is something to do with associates of a crime also being charged alongside the perpetrator if it isn't a clear-cut case. Would have been interesting to see all 5 of the boys with Finau that night standing trial as well.
...not everybody was in that category EoL...
More than a few, including myself, were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but, for mine, it became increasingly harder to do so as more facts of the matter were released...

While in the cell he gets (barely) fed, he will be cold (unlesss he shares a cell with friendly type who gets a raging hard on every few hours - that will keep him busy), there will most likely be mice,/rats people screaming out all night, a toliet near his bed. If he has money he might get a TV in time, maybe a toaster.
Sounds like a Days Inn I stayed in once in Orlando....
The entire carpet was wet. I complained and I was moved, later learning that there had been a murder in my initial room and it was just drying out after being forensically cleaned.

The thing is, he gave some pretty poor responses to why he was wearing the towel or trying to hide his identity, they snuck in looking for trouble, and if Faniu didn't do it, he surely knows who did or one of his group members knows. There were only 5 of them including Faniu.

They tried to roll the dice by getting off with what they thought was a lack of incriminating evidence and without putting anyone else from that group on the stand, possibly the stabber if it was not in fact Faniu.

Only hope now IF he didn't do it is put the blame on the actual stabber, but doubt that will happen.

The way it looks atm, more guilty than not guilty
Yep. When you analyse things now Fainu would almost certainly have had the most to lose of the gang of five. At the very least he knew he would miss a season or two of well-paid rugby league, plus his reputation. I'm surmising that the other four may not have had such lucrative careers, nor reputations. Thus, why would he take the rap for one of them? Perhaps you could imagine the other way around though, one of his mates covering for the RL wonder boy.

Just seen the channel 9 vision of him leaving court on insta. The look on his face is one of complete bewilderment at whats just happened.
It really looks like he thought he would get off and the reality of whats just happened has been a surprise to say the least.
If he was protecting someone else he's going to have some time to think about it now.

Whether he actually did it or not who knows. I’ve been on the fence the whole time, giving him the BoD. But like @Eagle of London says, how is the form of some of the people around here changing tune like the wind.

Also the fact of them bringing other teammates into the situation. Just because they’re mates with him and supporting him.
Deadset some of the people around here probably have no friends irl and if they did I wouldn’t trust them, they’d dog you at the first opportunity.
By the logic some use Brett Stewart should’ve had none of his good mates supporting him at his trial.

Also if you clowns are going to bring JA into it at least do some research and realise that he came out with a passionate plea for youth to stop with violent acts in recent past.

I'm with @Eagle of London here. Fainu is a dickhead. I vote we delete this thread entirely, and erase him from existence, and never speak of him again.

Time to move forward with players who exude character.

NO MORE GANG CRAP - AFB had to leave because of this crap too apparently. Get RID of it !

I'm hearing Fainu is being offered a book deal.
I'm not sure what its title will be. Anyone care to take a stab in the dark?
The title is ..... Manase's Road to Redemption

And it is going to be a best seller

I'm with @Eagle of London here. Fainu is a dickhead. I vote we delete this thread entirely, and erase him from existence, and never speak of him again.

Time to move forward with players who exude character.

NO MORE GANG CRAP - AFB had to leave because of this crap too apparently. Get RID of it !

We have a squad that has approximately 50% of it's players that are of Pacific Islander Heritage. It's an unfortunate fact of life in many of these communities that gang culture is part and parcel of everyday life. Josh Aloiai has commented on how entrenched this gang culture has become.

It could be argued that its an impossibility to simply get rid of it (gang crap) when we are so heavily invested in developing players from those communities. There is no quick fix to this situation, as it will take a number of years to change direction.

By the way I am not advocating that we could or should change our current direction, because of the above. However, the club must find a way to better manage cultural division within an increasingly dysfunctional club culture. I don't have any easy answers for that, and I don't believe the club does either.

Last edited:
It's over mate. Let's move on.
It is ok Ryan,we all know that you prefer Manly supporters and players from an appropriate socio-economic demographic,there are also many on here who seem to prefer an all white Manly policy.
Maybe someone on here should start a poll about whether Manly should look to only recruit players that are non-polynesian?
Let us see how really ****ing inclusive the people on this forum are.......
Just jokes people,unless it is too close to the truth.......

It is ok Ryan,we all know that you prefer Manly supporters and players from an appropriate socio-economic demographic,there are also many on here who seem to prefer an all white Manly policy.
Maybe someone on here should start a poll about whether Manly should look to only recruit players that are non-polynesian?
Let us see how really ****ing inclusive the people on this forum are.......
Just jokes people,unless it is too close to the truth.......

Take note I didn't include Harper, Taupau and others in that list I made. Being in a gang is a choice. Creating a groundswell of aggression egging each other on is a choice. Stabbing someone in the back and face with a knife is a choice.

I certainly hope you're not advocating this type of behaviour, or excusing it because they are Polynesian and that's standard culture , because it's not, I assure you.

I hope Fainu gets the full 25 and we never hear from him again. We need to expel this culture completely from the team.

If that means Olakau'atu, Aloiai Fainu, Suli, Fonua-Blake types are cut free, so be it (and I'm guessing at some names - I have no idea whose involved in this crap, just cut them free - so to speak).

Take note I didn't include Harper, Taupau and others in that list I made. Being in a gang is a choice. Creating a groundswell of aggression egging each other on is a choice. Stabbing someone in the back and face with a knife is a choice.

I certainly hope you're not advocating this type of behaviour, or excusing it because they are Polynesian and that's standard culture , because it's not, I assure you.

I hope Fainu gets the full 25 and we never hear from him again. We need to expel this culture completely from the team.

If that means Olakau'atu, Aloiai Fainu, Suli, Fonua-Blake types are cut free, so be it (and I'm guessing at some names - I have no idea whose involved in this crap, just cut them free - so to speak).
If you truly believe that I am advocating that it is ok to stab a person in the back because they are polynesian and it is their culture then maybe you should see a shrink if that is what you got from my comment......
You were the one referencing polynesians as being the potential problem,unless your memory is so short you have already forgotten.
If Fainu appeals and gets off,I hope you retract your comment and offer a full apology,but by then I am sure we will all have forgotten garbage typed on a forum.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8