Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible if he was in fight flight at the time (quite likely in that situation if he was anticipating some $hit going down) then his pain pathways may well have been inhibited allowing him to do something like scaling that wall despite his injury. If hat was the case, even though the pain may have been inhibited he would still have likely incurred further damage... so damage was being done without him necessarily feeling it.
Adrenalin can be a very effective pain blocker

I am tipping at about 45% this year, so if I say "he's gone", he might have a chance based on what I have read.

I can't get it in my head that the prosecution relies on only two witnesses and the defence only produces Manase in his own defence.

We obviously haven't seen all of the evidence (?), so how can anyone make a considered decision ( including the judge and jury)?

Fweee Wodewick!
And Bwian!!

This no fault stand down is a joke.
No one who has been stood down yet has been found guilty.

Maybe the gallop way was right.
Anyone charged with something that can be senenteced for 11 years or more gets an Automatic 4-6 weeks for bringing the game in to disrepute and then providing they are pleading not guilty they can play until a jury of judge makes their verdict.

I know in Snakes case he was the true victim of a conman. But in the case of Jack De Bellend and faniu they have been dumb to put themselves in this position.

Agree but you only learn once you own your mistakes Bear...

Very true Frank. Fool me once shame of you. Fool me twice shame on me. Making the same mistake over and over is something we all dont want to do, but most of us do it anyway in some areas. Hard to break some old behaviours if they are well entrenched, even when we know they arent good for us. I wonder how many of us out there still smoke, or drink too much or gamble or lose it over the same issues again and again. Or for that matter use the same football strategies and players over and again even though you know its not working. Such unfortunately is the nature of the beast

Apart from the main allegation against Manase , there is still apparently this affray charge as well . Just curious if any of the other group or identifiable members of the group with him that night had or have to answer for an affray allegation also . Only really going on one or two eye witness accounts at the moment , maybe the factor of probability , circumstantial , but a big level of doubt in general if that is all there is . Just recall my reaction to the Bret Stewart case when there was only Bret 's D N A on his clothing and really came to the early conclusion that he had a strong case in his favour . Someone mentioned that slings could have been changed in Manase 's instance but again always that level of doubt that it wasn 't and also applying to his clothing . Wouldn 't rate well with his overall level of sensible and orderly conduct at the time of the alleged incident but as for a really serious offence committed , always that genuine doubt factor seemingly attached to it from what has been presented so far

the NRL is a circus i agree but ultimately its not the NRL creating the mental stress on these players. the stress comes from the action that got them into the position In the first place.

Had Manese decided not to get out of the car that night if he indeed 'was just driving' then none of this would have happened.

Had JDB not decided it was a good idea to 'roast' a girl with his best mate that night then he too wouldn't have been in the position he was regardless of the verdict handed down.

Had Jarred Hayne not been a total self-proclaimed 'god' then perhaps he too would be living a much better life now.

we all make stupid mistakes and these well-paid public figures shouldn't get and more importantly DONT deserve special circumstances.

I never said the NRL are creating the mental health stress. I said they were adding to it.

And if you think the NRL do not add to the mental health side of things, then Brett Stewart says hello.

I never said the NRL are creating the mental health stress. I said they were adding to it.

And if you think the NRL do not add to the mental health side of things, then Brett Stewart says hello.
Brett's case was completly different. Yes the NRL added to his stress but most of his stress would have come from the lying scum that tried to extort him.

MF created 100% of his own stress.

Might be more practical or reasonable if a player has to answer a serious allegation , not to have some extremely long extended time out of the game and not to be suspended indefinitely until their day in court if previous indications are any example Especially with the legal process taking so long , with or without covid Of course to take into account the nature of an allegation but if a not guilty plea , maybe a couple of months stand down . . Just a bit out of proportion for a case to drag on for years and certainly in the De Bellin and Manase instance . Understandable to consider the commercial aspect and sponsorship and image aspects but for a whole host of reasons which have been often canvassed on here and else where , just so disadvantageous to a respective club and the affected player in so many ways for protracted time on the side lines . And as long as they are subject to all other legal provisions and requirements while they await a trial . Good argument for and against but if recent examples are any indications , certainly a very harsh and really unfair outcome all round when there is an even money or very probable likelihood that a player is ultimately found not guilty . Naturally the Manase decision will have an influence one way or another but again can only go on current indications

Brett's case was completly different. Yes the NRL added to his stress but most of his stress would have come from the lying scum that tried to extort him.

MF created 100% of his own stress.

I'm sorry, but being sat out for 3 seasons by the governing body, without any current verdict of guilt, would most definitely add to the stress.

Here are some closing comments from Margaret Cunneen:
The crown has relied on the CCTV, saying it made no sense for Mr Fainu to climb the fence, while in a sling, to get back into the church when he could have walked back in the front gate.

However, defence barrister Margaret Cunneen SC also pointed to the video.

It showed Mr Fainu throwing his sling, as well as a white towel he was wearing on his head, over the fence as he jumped back into the Coles car park before running to his car.

However, she said, no knife was thrown over by Mr Fainu, suggesting it was not in his possession.

“The sling was taken by police … The sling was examined for DNA,” Ms Cunneen said.

“There is no blood in it, no DNA except Mr Fainu’s. He’s holding it; he’d have to be holding the knife as well. And the knife must have blood on it. But there’s no DNA on the sling.”

She said it “defies credulity” that Mr Fainu would stab anyone given his standing in the community and he had no quarrel with anyone at the dance.

“Mr Fainu has really suffered by his position as a football player,” she said.

“It was easy to blame it on him because some people knew him and the sling stood out.”

The trial will continue on Thursday when the jury is expect to retire to consider its verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8