Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gorman quick to add to the Manly family
New Manly CEO Lyall Gorman has already made one big signing – but this bloke won’t be lacing up the boots.

Gorman has brought leading social media and communications manager Liam Tapper over with him from the Sharks.

Gorman is huge on social media and fan engagement and noted Manly’s social numbers and presence was well below most NRL rivals.

Tapper will change all that and help build the Sea Eagles’ profile and, in turn, membership numbers.

Gorman has also been working the phones since his arrival at Lottoland, ringing key people on the northern beaches to introduce himself and make himself available to them.

Maybe, just maybe, Manly have finally found a CEO that might last longer than a set of six.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...paul-gallen-boxing/18n8ysbgu8b1c172genyd2mfl7

New Manly CEO Lyall Gorman has already made one big signing – but this bloke won’t be lacing up the boots.

Gorman has brought leading social media and communications manager Liam Tapper over with him from the Sharks.

Gorman is huge on social media and fan engagement and noted Manly’s social numbers and presence was well below most NRL rivals.

Tapper will change all that and help build the Sea Eagles’ profile and, in turn, membership numbers.

Gorman has also been working the phones since his arrival at Lottoland, ringing key people on the northern beaches to introduce himself and make himself available to them.

Maybe, just maybe, Manly have finally found a CEO that might last longer than a set of six.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...paul-gallen-boxing/18n8ysbgu8b1c172genyd2mfl7

Just don’t let ZtC get near Liam because if he does this “ new social media” campaign will be dead before it starts!

Honestly Manly is PISS POOR in this area, my son in law is a Panthers member and they **** all over our offering.

For example a weekly video update on how players injuries are going and when they are expected back, and even for a longer term injury they still update weekly.

Compare that to Manly!!

Where does that leave Wayne Cousins?

I would assume he would still have a role to play, mate. This new bloke looks to take over social media and comms, so there would essentially still be a ‘media manager’ role in exisitance, unless of course that is covered under the comms portion of the new role.

I think it’s a fantastic move though, as the Sharks had one of the better NRL social media accounts and ours was at the other end of the scale.

I would assume he would still have a role to play, mate. This new bloke looks to take over social media and comms, so there would essentially still be a ‘media manager’ role in exisitance, unless of course that is covered under the comms portion of the new role.

I think it’s a fantastic move though, as the Sharks had one of the better NRL social media accounts and ours was at the other end of the scale.
Social media guy still needs content which falls to Wayne.

I wonder if we'll hear from Liam.

So. I'm at the CBA at Wahroonga for the third day in a row (Mother - Aged Care - don't ask) when I have to dash back to my car for something (you don't want to know).
Anyhoo, parked right next to me is this great big shiny, must be top of the range thing with Brookvale Mazda written on the side.
Ooh, maybe there's a Manly player about. Only Brookvale Mazda car I've seen had Andrew Johns attached, hope it's not him.
Next thing, coming straight towards me is Our CEO!
What to say?
Hey, Lyall, you're doing a great job!
Too daggy.
Hey Lyall, how's the cap response going?
Might be uncomfortable.
Hey Lyall, great signing Joel Thompson.
Just sounds stupid.
I know. I know.
Hey Lyall, Merry Christmas!
Oops. Too late. He's gone.
Doh!
So, if you happen to read this Mr Gorman, Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

He hasn't been here long but the change seems massive. Is he a genius or were previous aspirants simply not up to the substantial challenge? We've signed sponsors and players, made appropriate media statements, and tried to engage with fans. Hardly rocket science but it may be the genius is in the simplicity. I smell a premiership coming!

So. I'm at the CBA at Wahroonga for the third day in a row (Mother - Aged Care - don't ask) when I have to dash back to my car for something (you don't want to know).
Anyhoo, parked right next to me is this great big shiny, must be top of the range thing with Brookvale Mazda written on the side.
Ooh, maybe there's a Manly player about. Only Brookvale Mazda car I've seen had Andrew Johns attached, hope it's not him.
Next thing, coming straight towards me is Our CEO!
What to say?
Hey, Lyall, you're doing a great job!
Too daggy.
Hey Lyall, how's the cap response going?
Might be uncomfortable.
Hey Lyall, great signing Joel Thompson.
Just sounds stupid.
I know. I know.
Hey Lyall, Merry Christmas!
Oops. Too late. He's gone.
Doh!
So, if you happen to read this Mr Gorman, Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
That's gold B.E. it really is...
I was, a few years ago in a similar predicament, as I was working in the same building as Lyall when he was in charge of the mariners in the A league.
So the day he got appointed head of the A league our paths crossed and I said congrats on your appointment Lyall. I just said it without thinking and felt like an idiot but he stopped and was genuinely appreciative of my comment.
Had a few chats after that and have always been impressed by him.
He is a good fella.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6