Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So. I'm at the CBA at Wahroonga for the third day in a row (Mother - Aged Care - don't ask) when I have to dash back to my car for something (you don't want to know).
Anyhoo, parked right next to me is this great big shiny, must be top of the range thing with Brookvale Mazda written on the side.
Ooh, maybe there's a Manly player about. Only Brookvale Mazda car I've seen had Andrew Johns attached, hope it's not him.
Next thing, coming straight towards me is Our CEO!
What to say?
Hey, Lyall, you're doing a great job!
Too daggy.
Hey Lyall, how's the cap response going?
Might be uncomfortable.
Hey Lyall, great signing Joel Thompson.
Just sounds stupid.
I know. I know.
Hey Lyall, Merry Christmas!
Oops. Too late. He's gone.
Doh!
So, if you happen to read this Mr Gorman, Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Love your work Budgie.

Lyall is doing agood job so far, Media has been fairly easy on us considering our predicament. very different to the "poke the bear" method that Zorba employs. He seems to know how to look after fans. Great signing.
The ‘poke the bear’ tactic has been part of the organisation’s two steps forward, one back/one step forward, two back strategy* for decades.

Maybe someone finally realised we need a two steps forward/none back strategy, but without someone else’s jealousy impinging on any progress?

*Depending on the Club’s on field fortunes.

There is always a lot of good news around this time because of the membership drives. Gorman should be judged on what he actually achieves with stuff like the NRL salary cap rubbish and Brookie. Plenty have talked before and failed to deliver much (benchmark being Joke - dud sponsor, the high rise units redevelopment, salary cap breaches), so let’s wait a little before blowing too much smoke up his ass.

It is early days for Gorman but already it seems that he has the ability to make things happen and all of a sudden the club is a lot more professional and functional. I love the way that he told the NRL that the club needed more time to get our defence against the charges we face right. I hope he and the Penns fry Greenturd for this!! I truly hope that he is able and given the opportunity to clean the place up and get the club on the front foot. Early signs are very encouraging!!

Said it a few times now, Lyal Gorman has been outstanding. I especially like the way he is handling the accusations against us, and the shift in media content.

He was here longer than people think, but we are seeing the fruits of his labour now.

Yeah he is gorne.

He is getting rubbed out with this Sharks salary cap stuff that is about the come down.

I wonder if their premiership is on the line. Fingers crossed.

Gorman will be staying on to see the CoE through. Who knows, he might be able to return to the CEO role later on.

Of course, all this stuff is just media speculation.

Last edited:
Wow. Sharks must be in for it.

Can we suspend them from playing this week and award their competition this week the 2 points ;)

With the BS that happened last week with the NRL apologising to Mitchell Pearce that they got his suspension wrong (where is Brett Stewart's apology???), don't be too surprised to see Cronulla get to keep their 2016 premiership "win" and even if the NRL won't do it, what's the bet based on that that there will be calls (from Melbourne of course) to give the the 2007 and 2009 premierships and minor premierships and the 2010 World Club Challenge back to the Scum

With the BS that happened last week with the NRL apologising to Mitchell Pearce that they got his suspension wrong (where is Brett Stewart's apology???), don't be too surprised to see Cronulla get to keep their 2016 premiership "win" and even if the NRL won't do it, what's the bet based on that that there will be calls (from Melbourne of course) to give the the 2007 and 2009 premierships and minor premierships and the 2010 World Club Challenge back to the Scum
I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave the Storm their ‘premierships’ back as I am suspicious of the apparent closeness of the NRL and the Storm with the JDB case. There have been too many rumblings for there not to be something afoot imo.

I can with absolute conviction say that, if they do, I won’t be the only person that turns off the game for good. I can get over player misbehaviour (I just focus my support on players like Tom, Marty, Jake and DCE (and others)), but I could not get over any decision that in any way diminishes the Storm’s blatant cheating.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave the Storm their ‘premierships’ back as I am suspicious of the apparent closeness of the NRL and the Storm with the JDB case. There have been too many rumblings for there not to be something afoot imo.

I can with absolute conviction say that, if they do, I won’t be the only person that turns off the game for good. I can get over player misbehaviour (I just focus my support on players like Tom, Marty, Jake and DCE (and others)), but I could not get over any decision that in any way diminishes the Storm’s blatant cheating.

TBH I'm struggling to see where the Storm even come into the NRL's defence in the JDB case. In Melbourne, losing a sponsor or potential sponsor could easily be explained as they decided to spend their money with the AFL instead which definitely has a higher profile in the city.....and its a competition where unlike the NRL, every single game is televised on FTA.

If St Merge had lost a sponsor or a potential one over it then I could understand. But Melbourne to me isn't relevant.

TBH I'm struggling to see where the Storm even come into the NRL's defence in the JDB case. In Melbourne, losing a sponsor or potential sponsor could easily be explained as they decided to spend their money with the AFL instead which definitely has a higher profile in the city.....and its a competition where unlike the NRL, every single game is televised on FTA.

If St Merge had lost a sponsor or a potential one over it then I could understand. But Melbourne to me isn't relevant.
Completely agree. Don’t forget that they’ve lost Cronk and Slater who are extremely marketable (irrespective of what non-storm/qld views might be).

Doesn’t pass the ‘pub test’ does it?

Completely agree. Don’t forget that they’ve lost Cronk and Slater who are extremely marketable (irrespective of what non-storm/qld views might be).

Doesn’t pass the ‘pub test’ does it?

That's true too. The so-called Big 3 weren't just that on the field for Melbourne, they were the Big 3 off it as well easily being their highest profile players. Now that Cronk is at the Chooks, Slater is retired and Smith heading towards retirement.....there is a lot of the star quality on and off the field now gone and for a while that might (though I doubt it) hinder them with regards to sponsors.

I seriously doubt that JDB's alleged off-field behaviour, a player from another club located in another city and state, would have much, if any, impact on the Storm's ability to attract sponsors.

It is a very very dangerous and slippery slope we start to navigate when any organisation starts to make decisions on matters of Principle based purely on material considerations .... when issues such as Freedom of speech and the presumption of innocence are being debated from the view point of a sponsors dollars ....

For example ... Qantas the Wallabies sponsor and a large employer of and supporter of Gay rights, are justifably upset at Folau's statements ..... good on them ... BUT .... how would they react tomorrow if they rec'd letters and petitions from every major Christian denomination (not to mention Islam) denouncing there stance as anti-christian anti-muslim and stating that they refuse to fly Qantas .........If they were refused landing rights in over 20 muslim countries ... scoff you say .. but possible becuase sponsors will make decisions based on what is good for them ... not what is good for the sport or society as a whole . ...

It just shows how low business leaders have sunk that they not only sell naming rights .... but basic human rights are also negotable for enough money ...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8