Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Sea Eagles will start the process to recruit a new CEO in the near future, however, in the meantime, Gary Wolman, a Sea Eagles Director and Part Owner will assume the role of Interim CEO until a full-time replacement is found.

No matter how they spin this he's being shifted sideways and down for some reason.

Not in NSW mate. More game have been shifted from FTA to

Didn't know that. Though we get all the games on FTA in Adelaide, but that would be kinda obvious since this is an Aussie rules town. Seriously, you can't turn on to 7 or 9 News or the radio in Adelaide without hearing something about the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide.

But back on topic.....while Lyall might not be our CEO for much longer, I suspect that the lateral move to running the CoE will see him have largely the same role, just something that the NRL can't officially come down on.

Last edited:
If Greenburg thinks he's above the judicial system, I don't think he'd have any troubles in vetoing this move.

The concern with Gorman moving sideways is that at a critical juncture in the Club’s trajectory, there are critical contract issues/upgrades coming up and the possible return of Gutherson etc. to deal with. For now (and unfortunately), Gorman is out of that loop.

I imagine (and hope) Des will be allowed to do the negotiating on the Club’s behalf. We can’t afford stuff-ups like the DCE imbroglio of 2015, or the sort of rubbish Parramatta’s fans are enduring at the moment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave the Storm their ‘premierships’ back as I am suspicious of the apparent closeness of the NRL and the Storm with the JDB case. There have been too many rumblings for there not to be something afoot imo.

I can with absolute conviction say that, if they do, I won’t be the only person that turns off the game for good. I can get over player misbehaviour (I just focus my support on players like Tom, Marty, Jake and DCE (and others)), but I could not get over any decision that in any way diminishes the Storm’s blatant cheating.
Beattie has announced he is sorry and will give Pearce the storm’s 2 stripped premierships.

The concern with Gorman moving sideways is that at a critical juncture in the Club’s trajectory, there are critical contract issues/upgrades coming up and the possible return of Gutherson etc. to deal with. For now (and unfortunately), Gorman is out of that loop.

I imagine (and hope) Des will be allowed to do the negotiating on the Club’s behalf. We can’t afford stuff-ups like the DCE imbroglio of 2015, or the sort of rubbish Parramatta’s fans are enduring at the moment.
“[The new coach] will be in control of the football department, but every club also has corporate governance requirements around recruitment and retention under the NRL rules,” Penn said. “That has all changed to a degree. We have recruitment and retention committees now and all clubs are run under the same principles.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...ing-back-siege-mentality-20181020-p50aw4.html

I don't see this as being an issue for re-sigining players or bringing new ones in, Des on his own can attract big name players to the negotiating table. The commitment and funding for the COE was due to Lyall's input and makes sense to keep him working on it with the contacts and relationships he has established thus far. Also he is within arms reach about advice regarding decisions for the club.

I think Todd will leave this one alone and just let it disappear because i'm sure there are more skeletons hidden at Shark park that might be dusted off should Lyall be dragged into a war with Greenburg. He wanted to brush the salary cap issue at the Sharks under the rug and if more was to surface then his fine tooth combing of the Sharks records will contradict his bold statements that the findings were complete.

Toddy is under fire for his no-stand down policy atm so this will slip away amoungst all that.

Smh

Gorman’s new home
Speaking of Manly, outgoing CEO Lyall Gorman has found a new gig outside rugby league with a company called Evolve Housing, a community housing provider. He starts tomorrow.

The organisation’s blurb says: ‘‘Mr Gorman is a highly successful and well regarded business leader who brings a wealth of experience from a community and commercial background.

"As part of his transition arrangements at Manly and with the support of the Evolve Housing board, Lyall has agreed to provide high-level ongoing support to the club in the planning stages of their new high performance centre of excellence ...’’

Laugh if they now became a 3rd party sponsor like the thoroughbreds , and how they completely rort the system.

Or Roosters Bondi Lawn Mowing service, who pay players 300 grand to mow a lawn.

I kid, but I was told something like this many, many years ago by O'Sullivan, who was employed by The Roosters at the time, as a way to circumvent the rules, by just having a punter "create a business".

Laugh if they now became a 3rd party sponsor like the thoroughbreds , and how they completely rort the system.

Or Roosters Bondi Lawn Mowing service, who pay players 300 grand to mow a lawn.

I kid, but I was told something like this many, many years ago by O'Sullivan, who was employed by The Roosters at the time, as a way to circumvent the rules, by just having a punter "create a business".

If I were a highly successful local businessman and the Penn's offered me life membership and a private box every home game I'd be happy to filter a few hundred grand into players accounts each year.

Smh

Gorman’s new home
Speaking of Manly, outgoing CEO Lyall Gorman has found a new gig outside rugby league with a company called Evolve Housing, a community housing provider. He starts tomorrow.

The organisation’s blurb says: ‘‘Mr Gorman is a highly successful and well regarded business leader who brings a wealth of experience from a community and commercial background.

"As part of his transition arrangements at Manly and with the support of the Evolve Housing board, Lyall has agreed to provide high-level ongoing support to the club in the planning stages of their new high performance centre of excellence ...’’

I may be becoming a cynical old bugger .... but why do I feel we are all being traated like mushrooms and fed ........

FFS .. Lyall is stepping down to concentrate on the Important COE .... but by the way he has taken another full time job but his new employers will let him provide support ..... seriously... who believes this shiite ..!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8