LOL @ QLD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This has got nothing to do with what position is or isn't suitable for DCE. As @pt73 said, it's got everything to do with personalities.... and it shouldn't come into it @:mad:
Lol@Qld alright! One lives in hope that Cherry's snubbing backfires on them big time. No doubt, though, at whatever cost it'll be a Qld win for their 'seniors'.
Feel very sorry for Cherry, but very happy for Manly @:D

I remember, before this series, Kevvie used to be a easy bloke to watch on an interview.
Now he looks nervous, like he doubts what he's saying and someone who is towing the party line.
I think he's an apple on a stick, a mouthpiece and reading off a script.
I liked him but it's obvious he's become L'il Bitch !!

I knew DCE wouldn't be selected as soon as Walters said last week that he would have to consult with Smith, Cronk and Thurston before talking to Miles and Lockyer. What he was basically saying is that Smith, Cronk and Thurston are the real Qld selectors. Who they want or don't want in the team is who does or doesn't get selected.

Ben Hunt has form over DCE? He got dropped to freaking Qld Cup a month ago while Cherry has been carving up NRL teams like he's Gordon Ramsay going after a side of beef.

When Hunt and Morgan continually get run over by NSW forwards next week and the Blues smash those dumbarse hillbillies I hope someone in the crowd holds up a sign saying "Shoulda picked DCE".

Some interesting facts:

Manly are 10-5 with Cherry leading them around the park. Brisbane are 3-6 when Hunt has played. Without him they are 7-0.
DCE has 20 try assists. Hunt has 8
DCE has forced 14 line dropouts. Hunt has forced 8.

Last edited:
He should retire from rep bull****
I can cop Morgan being ahead of him, he's been on the bench for a couple of years. Munster.....well if he's going centre, different position so fine. But hunt? The guy is ken ordinary. The dragons are just sitting back going 'wtf have we bought????'

I would love DCE to hold his tongue, say nothing. Carve it up for the rest of the year and then next year with thurston out and most likely Cronk, keep quiet,carve it up and then a week out from selection announce his retirement.

In fact the only thing better would be if he got selected for Australia and played for Australia but refused to play with qld.

What I have to laugh at is Tallis coming out on radio and saying that they picked Hunt over DCE because they needed a number 6 and not a number 7.

Hello, isn't Hunt a number 7?

Every one of the explanations out of Queensland right now over this keep contradicting themselves. Why don't they just come out and say that the senior players (including one who's Origin playing career ended almost two weeks ago) didn't want him there so he didn't get picked? At least that would be something close to the truth.

Last edited:
I thought it might be (DCE's non-selection) because he uses too many big words. They're not even sure what a thesaurus is.

We should ask Andrew W.

I liked when he said "Ben Hunt is better suited to play the role we have created for Ben Hunt"...

As I said before, regardless of what people like Lockyer said over the weekend, DCE was never ever going to get selected. Hunt could have broken his leg on Friday night against the Scum and they would have chosen someone else. But Cherry was obviously not an option.

I've never really cared who wins SOO but I do this year. Kevvie did look uncomfortable in that interview...it can't be easy talking with Lockyers hand up his arse
Whatever is going on behind the scenes in the Qld camp, whether from senior players or fogs like Tallis and Lockyer, Kevvie's relaxed demeanour is gone, he's looked in pain at some of the Qld press conferences.

I still don't care who wins but I'd love to see Hunt bomb a certain try with a forward pass (like he did a few days ago against Storm) and make a couple of other clangers. And I hope whoever they play at 5/8 kicks the ball dead 3 times.
If Qld are good enough to win despite those mishaps, good luck to them.

You've got to ask yourself, would Mal Meninga have picked DCE in this situation? Or would he have leaned heavily on the (speculated) input of Lockyer/Gene Miles/Smith/Cronk/Thurston etc. Im unsure he would have taken their input as much as Walters has....i get the feeling Walters is too heavily influenced by the clique (could be wrong - its hard to tell as an outsider)

You've got to ask yourself, would Mal Meninga have picked DCE in this situation? Or would he have leaned heavily on the (speculated) input of Lockyer/Gene Miles/Smith/Cronk/Thurston etc. Im unsure he would have taken their input as much as Walters has....i get the feeling Walters is too heavily influenced by the clique (could be wrong - its hard to tell as an outsider)
Mal said on that queenslanders show last week he'd pick him.
Made a good point of it too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8