LOL @ QLD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
Courier Mail has Ben hunt as the utility and has been selected there due to his excellent club form and ability to play more positions for QLD than that of DCE according to Kevin Walters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!

+ DCE is the form half of the comp by a long way

+ Hunt was in reserve grade 2 weeks ago and hasnt been any better then when he was dropped

+ DCE plays all the positions Hunt does and has before for QLD and Australia

+ DCE has played 6 for Australia and has been highly sucessful

Its bulls#it all the press saying there is no reason other than selection criteria DCE isnt getting picked... what a crock of s#it. Smith, Slater, Cronk, Thurston all hate DCE its obvious they blame him for the media circus and the series loss back in 2015. This is poor from QLD the fact they have all lied to DCE and others saying there was nothing going on is highly disrespectful. Hope he comes out on Saturday for us and shows the selectors how bad the descion was to leave him out. Its common sense really, DCE has a kicking game aswell something Morgan and Munster dont have easy target for NSW next game just run at Cronk on last because he will be kicking it every time.

If this story is true Feel sorry for DCE , he doesn't deserve this.

I rate him above smith JT and Cronk in terms of character any given day of the week.

Positive ..he will be fired up next Saturday.

Only Jake to be named hopefully for NSW with tom t 19th man...meaning he could play next Saturday for us.

I really hope this story is fake news but I have a feeling not.

Last edited:
As much as he certainly deserves a run, this is great news, and hilarious. NSW can now run their forwards right at the halves all night long. Cronk can't do it on his own, he needs someone else there who can take charge, he works best when he can just pop up somewhere and weave his magic, start making him defend heavily and he is all but out of the game. Munster has definite potential but is still years away / Morgan needs JT if he is in the halves, should remain utility where he is proven, not moved into starting team / Hunt is highly inconsistent and will be target #1.

Is Bennett in Kevvies ear with hot selection tips knowing if QLD lose he might get the job back based on some of the poor selections made?

DCE plays against Penrith, if they play anything like they have been in recent weeks, he will put on an absolute clinic. Bring it on. Give him a 30k bonus for a MOM performance and watch that egg roll off kevvies face.

His non selection is only a rumour at the moment though....

Isn't it?

At a stretch I could understand why they would want Morgan at 6; he played a starring role off the bench in game two, is part of the boys club, currently plays for Australia, and had a blinder against the Raiders on the weekend...

BUT BEN HUNT? FMD.

I think Hunt is a good footballer but he is way behind DCE on current form and has never laced a boot for the Maroons. This is a missive game to throw him into the cauldron. It's also ridiculous to call him more versatile than DCE.

I hope it's not true because I think if DCE can get an origin gig, he will go to the next level in terms of confidence. I suppose the flip side is that he will be crucified if QLD lost, but you cannot deal in what hasn't happened yet...for all we know QLD will win the game?!

A rep jumper would really signal the second coming of Daly; the icing on the cake of what has a been a remarkable transformation.

Will be interesting to hear what Baz says if he's not picked. I hope him and even Zorba let rip.

Queersland squad for State of Origin III
Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
Gavin Cooper (North Queensland Cowboys)
Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
Tim Glasby (Melbourne Storm)
Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys)
Valentine Holmes (Cronulla Sharks)
Ben Hunt (Brisbane Broncos)
Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
Jarrod Wallace (Gold Coast Titans)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8