[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meanwhile, Brad Arthurs future at Parra seems assured, once again coaching the Eels to the coveted wooden spoon this year....
Parramatta Eels to undergo dramatic restructuring to turn struggling club into premiership force
David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
October 10, 2018 4:00am
BRAD Arthur will be given unprecedented support, expertise and structures to transform Parramatta into a consistent premiership force.

Three months after announcing a top-to-toe examination of the Eels’ football department, CEO Bernie Gurr has revealed the critical outcome of the review which included 162 interviews of players, coaches, board and management.

The Eels board ordered the independent review amid their woeful 2018 season which ended with the club’s third wooden spoon in eight years.

1) That's prob all Barrett wanted ... @Woodsie

2) It'll just be too hilarious if after all that they get done for salary cap cheating....again!

edit: woodsie beat me by seconds!

It was a wet and wild end to the week across parts of New South Wales, with heavy rainfall hitting on Thursday afternoon.

It was a welcome relief in some drought-striken areas, but not so good for the Parramatta Eels' new home ground.

Copping a huge downpour in a short space of time, the construction site that will become Western Sydney Stadium flooded.

While the images were a sorry sight for Parramatta and Wests fans, the comments that rolled in on the Channel Seven Facebook post were pure NRL comedy gold.

"The Eels can use all their spoons as oars now," wrote one user.

Another chimed in with: "Plenty of wooden spoons to empty the bowl."

Another commenter really rubbed it in: "they're just testing the drainage, knowing how many tears will be shed there."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...r-days-of-rainfall/19gk3tpnhjpoc1ltrl55bx1yuf

Also just saw Arthur has the dreaded "support of the board", AKA:

giphy.gif

It is interesting that the comprehensive review has recommended that not only do they need to have a Recruitment officer, but the job is sufficiently complex that they will also employ a Head of Recruitment ...... didn't some numb-nut tell me Baz could do this in his spare time with a lap top and spread sheet?

Main recommendation was to beef up the staff of the football dept. with a head of football and other staff members ....

apart from a desk and chair ..... isn't this exactly the same as Baz has demanded and was promised .....

But if Arthur is still just a sh1t coach wont matter who they have over him. Nothing to say, as yet, that this is the correct way to go forward just cause these num nuts say it is.

Last edited:
But if Arthur is still just a sh1t coach wont matter who they have over him. Nothing to say, as yet, that this is the correct way to go forward just cause these num nuts say it si.

Agree .... but what it does say is that best industry standards have the following staff etc etc ..... Of course if the 16 teams all have the same resources then it is as it always has been and only 20 other factors come into play.

But if 14 teams have the best industry standards ... and 2 don't ..... then those 2 are behind the eight ball and you need one of those "fairytale" stories to win a comp every once in a blue moon .........

There is no excuse for Manly not being either up to best Industry standard or even better .... setting the standard ...... If the Penns can't or won't do it ..... ????

You only have to compare their salary cap penalty to ours to find the answer.

Toddles thinks Parra are more important to the NRL than us so they get preferential treatment and any bad news will be stifled.

Not only was our penalty much more than the crime compared to the Worms.....but I can go back even further.

Consider the penalty Doesn't-matta copped in 2016 and all the bending over backwards the NRL did to help them. Then think back 6 months earlier. Manly appointed John Hopoate as SG Ball coach, a competition under the jurisdiction of the NSWRL, not the NRL. Yet despite that, Greenturd threatened Manly with ongoing fines and loss of NRL competition points if we didn't sack Hopoate. Now granted, I can understand the NRL's issues with Hopoate and in all reality if it wasn't for his talented offspring then Manly should have cut all ties with the guy years ago because the truth is that he's been nothing but trouble on and off the field. But Greenturd wanted to throw the book at us for something that wasn't even under the control of the NRL.

Manly do something against the NRL's rules and they want to bring out the firing squad. Teams in a more strategic place (growth area) get a slap on the wrist or the turning a blind eye for the same things.

It is interesting that the comprehensive review has recommended that not only do they need to have a Recruitment officer, but the job is sufficiently complex that they will also employ a Head of Recruitment ...... didn't some numb-nut tell me Baz could do this in his spare time with a lap top and spread sheet?

Main recommendation was to beef up the staff of the football dept. with a head of football and other staff members ....

apart from a desk and chair ..... isn't this exactly the same as Baz has demanded and was promised .....

What is also interesting is that it seems neither Barrett, nor Arthur have a fkn clue when it comes to being a head coach.

We are bagging a team, who's board / ownership have recognised that a complete overhaul needs to be done, and without drama, without budget restrictions, without staffing complaints, it just happens.

We were ONE solitary win better than these wooden spooners.

They have acquired quite a few marquee off season, first grade quality recruits as well. Another sign their management / ownership are trying to right that ship.

Lastly, all their off field activities (stadium upgrade, membership numbers etc) are much better than ours. They don't talk, they do.

Again, a much better Board / ownership model. Their off season starts soon, and guess what? They ****ing well know who their coach is, what their expections are, and they've been assisted through the off season by Parramatta's fitness coach with training, exercise and planning.

Our guys are off drinking, smoking Indian bongs, partying, and have no idea of what they are returning to.

Just don't see why we are LOL'ing at Parramatta. They are well in advance of us, despite their place in the standings at the end of last year.

Isn't there a salary cap on coaching staff? Seems to me that Doesn'tmatta is throwing poker machine money at the football club.
Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury.

Isn't there a salary cap on coaching staff? Seems to me that Doesn'tmatta is throwing poker machine money at the football club.
Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury.
We have an owner that sold it, and made a huge profit from the sale (around 18 mill wasn't it?)

Owners that have received multiple offers (yet knocked back) to acquire the club.

We have an owner that sold it, and made a huge profit from the sale (around 18 mill wasn't it?)

Owners that have received multiple offers (yet knocked back) to acquire the club.

Exactly. Penns could have bought and sold it via the club (franchise) and we would be the envy of a lot of clubs with money in the bank.

We are bagging a team, who's board / ownership have recognised that a complete overhaul needs to be done, and without drama, without budget restrictions, without staffing complaints, it just happens.

They have acquired quite a few marquee off season, first grade quality recruits as well. Another sign their management / ownership are trying to right that ship.

Lastly, all their off field activities (stadium upgrade, membership numbers etc) are much better than ours. They don't talk, they do.

Again, a much better Board / ownership model. Their off season starts soon, and guess what? They ****ing well know who their coach is, what their expections are, and they've been assisted through the off season by Parramatta's fitness coach with training, exercise and planning.

Our guys are off drinking, smoking Indian bongs, partying, and have no idea of what they are returning to.

Just don't see why we are LOL'ing at Parramatta. They are well in advance of us, despite their place in the standings at the end of last year.

Another difference is Parra have a coach that stood around like a turnip as if nothing was wrong .... we at least had a coach with the balls to say fix it or I am gone .....

With spreadsheets, canny operators at parra put all the players and their salaries on tab 1, then their real salaries on tab 2.

Advanced clubs like Melbourne and easts have been known to use the “hide column” function.

Manly unfortunately had a heading saying TPAs (non arms length) in one tab. Going forward, the word “non” has been removed, so all sweet.

Another difference is Parra have a coach that stood around like a turnip as if nothing was wrong .... we at least had a coach with the balls to say fix it or I am gone .....

Woodsie, we might be the only one's mate that realise Trent fronted up, balls to the wall, and demanded that the infrastructure change for the betterment of the club and players. Yet people are ripping him for that? I don't get it, really I don't get it (probably my head bump !). He wanted something better for our brand (which is exactly what I, and I thought everyone else wanted)

End of the day Penn doesn't like being told anything in my view, and it's cost many a professional, Eagles groups, associations, coaches, players their careers.

I read something today somewhere claiming the club recently asked Barrett to remain at LEAST to the end of 2019, but he refused. Says a lot about our culture.

People shouldn't be blaming Maguire for not wanting to come here. He'd be here now sign, sealed and delivered IF Penn gave him everything he wanted. Surely the 17M profit Penn made on the Leagues Club could have some what supplemented the payouts here?

The Indian bongs are called “hookahs”

Woodsie, we might be the only one's mate that realise Trent fronted up, balls to the wall, and demanded that the infrastructure change for the betterment of the club and players. Yet people are ripping him for that? I don't get it, really I don't get it (probably my head bump !). He wanted something better for our brand (which is exactly what I, and I thought everyone else wanted)

End of the day Penn doesn't like being told anything in my view, and it's cost many a professional, Eagles groups, associations, coaches, players their careers.

I read something today somewhere claiming the club recently asked Barrett to remain at LEAST to the end of 2019, but he refused. Says a lot about our culture.

People shouldn't be blaming Maguire for not wanting to come here. He'd be here now sign, sealed and delivered IF Penn gave him everything he wanted. Surely the 17M profit Penn made on the Leagues Club could have some what supplemented the payouts here?
I see it as two different things that are mutually exclusive, it's good that he stood up and pushed for better training facilities and support but even with all that I still think that he was a **** coach and am glad that he is going.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8