[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meh, not sure manly can say too much... Been hearing rumours for years about manly luring players will cheap housing, esp when delmege was involved in the club.. Apparently a dirt cheap unit worth plenty was involved in luring chee kam to the club if you place any stock in rumours

Meh, not sure manly can say too much... Been hearing rumours for years about manly luring players will cheap housing, esp when delmege was involved in the club.. Apparently a dirt cheap unit worth plenty was involved in luring chee kam to the club if you place any stock in rumours

I am 100% certain that affordable accommodation deals play a big part in every kid that comes to the club ..... But, it is only an issue for top 30 players in the salary cap ...

Junior rep players are not a problem ... and just on that ... our younger players Suli and Fainu still live in the west don't they?

I am 100% certain that affordable accommodation deals play a big part in every kid that comes to the club ..... But, it is only an issue for top 30 players in the salary cap ...

Junior rep players are not a problem ... and just on that ... our younger players Suli and Fainu still live in the west don't they?
The deals are fine as long as noted in the cap.

I still can't fathom how the cowboys failed this year. I guess having a really strong roster doesn't always mean you'll get results. Maybe cheating the cap is a waste of time.

Not that I think they have. Just sayin'

And all clubs are most likely doing the same thing and rorting the Salary cap whether it be by cheap accommodation or some other means. It is just that Parra hasn't been as smart in the way they have done things.

I would love the NRL to finally do something about this and admit that the Salary Cap and TPA system does not work and move to a fairer more even system.

Even watch the journalists nothing will be said buzz and co will not even speak about it. Todd’s orders
The thing I love though is a gov agency is involved. If they were stupid enough to get the leagues club involved then that’s a whole different kettle of fish. The investigation is not under the nrl’s jurisdiction. It won’t go away unless they’ve actually not done anything

I wonder what type of heads up Greenturd will give parra to get their house in order before they send someone out to investigate?

I’m glad the whistle blower contacted the licensing and gaming department as well so hopefully they can’t sweep things under the carpet.

How bad a look will this be for Greenturd and the nrl for them to be doing this while Max Donnelly is running the show. Wasn’t he appointed by the NRL?

It would make my year for them to be caught but I’m scared Greenturd will find someway to make it go away. I have no trust or faith in that slimeball.

I love this bit "There is no suggestion the players have done anything wrong"... the oft repeated phrase when any of these salary cap dramas come up - can you imagine the conversation

Club Official : "Welcome to Parramatta, pleased to have you on board"
Player: "Yeh thanks, looking forward to it. I need to find somewhere to live, any suggestions ?"
Club Official: "We have some apartments near the Club that we can lease to you if interested"
Player: "How much ?"
Club Official: "$100.00/week, plus we pay electricity"
Player: "Wow that's cheap !!"
Club Official: "Yes"
Player: "OK sign me up".....thinks to self *That's strange, but I've done nothing wrong here*

Much like the Melbourne Storm scam - Greg Inglis phone call to club "Hey there's a boat in my driveway, you guys know anything about that ?" or Cameron Smith asked to sign a contract " Didn't I already sign one of these ??"

At what stage in all these salary cap dramas will someone suggest that the players HAVE done something wrong ?? It's a joke, I'd love to see the ATO follow up on some of these undeclared benefits and see how forgiving they are with the players.
Yes agree wholeheartedly. Any player, at a club found to have breached the salary cap, that was given illegal payments should be fined and/or suspended. This would then fix things up quick smart as the players would then be more responsible for what the club gives them.

The AFL has a far better system. In 2012 Kurt Tippett was "fined $50,000 and suspended for half the 2013 AFL season while the Adelaide Crows have been fined $300,000 for breaching the salary cap and tampering with the draft" http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-30/afl-ruling-kurt-tippett-adelaide-crows/4400256.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6