[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So they ripped Lane off us while cheating the cap. I expect compensation.

Add him to the long list of players they ripped off Manly while cheating...

Foran, Watmough, Hoppa, Gower, The Irish International... the list goes on...

Yet I bet there’s no mention by Todd of how Manly fans deserve to be angry. He only says that about other clubs missing hypothetical opportunities when he fits us up.

wow.

Totally disgraceful if true. After just being busted and getting a slap on the wrist, they should be truly hammered.

Ryan is right, we lost Lane due to a big money offer by Parra, who could offer heaps because of their cheating.

Todd came out and called Manly cheats and we paid exactly what we said, all signed off by the nrl.

If true, Parra has, once again, submitted their payment forms to the nrl, while doing underhanded dodgy rent and electricity deals.

Zero points next year, contracts signed this year torn up, no new signings for next year, board totally replaced with corporate bannings for those involved, and a 15 million dollar fine.

Indefensible actions.

edit: here's the link:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...l/news-story/d88cb24c83bf9493d181393612acedab

@Bill Hamilton thanks for the article mate, can you also include the link in future posts where you quote a paper.

Pretty sure that we're not really supposed to post whole articles and should post link.

no biggie!

Parra sucks

Last edited:
A - this explains the sudden bad news story about Players quitting if Barrett leaves. The same sort of diversionary attack on the Sea Eagles we saw after Malone announced to the press that the Panthers were organising his third party agreement.

B - the NRL aren’t going to touch Parramatta because their fans are important to the companies who advertise during matches. There are are a lot of them and they’re seen as big consumers of gambling services and shonky insurance schemes.

Hi Shaun it’s Brad here

You know that unit that we promised you were going to rent for the next three years at $1 per month. Sorry the rent has now increased to $700 Per week

Oh and by the way we won’t be playing for points next year Either

My Christmas wish is for a whistle blower at the roosters

I love this bit "There is no suggestion the players have done anything wrong"... the oft repeated phrase when any of these salary cap dramas come up - can you imagine the conversation

Club Official : "Welcome to Parramatta, pleased to have you on board"
Player: "Yeh thanks, looking forward to it. I need to find somewhere to live, any suggestions ?"
Club Official: "We have some apartments near the Club that we can lease to you if interested"
Player: "How much ?"
Club Official: "$100.00/week, plus we pay electricity"
Player: "Wow that's cheap !!"
Club Official: "Yes"
Player: "OK sign me up".....thinks to self *That's strange, but I've done nothing wrong here*

Much like the Melbourne Storm scam - Greg Inglis phone call to club "Hey there's a boat in my driveway, you guys know anything about that ?" or Cameron Smith asked to sign a contract " Didn't I already sign one of these ??"

At what stage in all these salary cap dramas will someone suggest that the players HAVE done something wrong ?? It's a joke, I'd love to see the ATO follow up on some of these undeclared benefits and see how forgiving they are with the players.

B - the NRL aren’t going to touch Parramatta because their fans are important to the companies who advertise during matches. There are are a lot of them and they’re seen as big consumers of gambling services and shonky insurance schemes.

Spot on with that champ! The Winfield and Grog advertising was far less harmful, although pandering to the same crowd.

Ah, very good point indeed.
But for all the reasons mentioned already by others, this will be handled very 'discreetly' by the NRL. In other words, quietly swept under that lumpy carpet. In fact if it's not, I'll be amazed.
They can’t sweep an investigation they don’t control under the carpet. L&GNSW hates clubs flaunting the rules. They go for the jugular to deter others. It’s the only thing that saved parra last time. There wasn’t a leagues club implication

One line of investigation is arrangements where players have been provided with leagues club-owned accommodation for free, with the club declaring it to the NRL at a certain value that forms part of the club’s overall salary cap.

Authorities are believed to be investigating whether some of the properties made available to Eels players as part of their contracts may have been declared at far below market rent to the NRL.

If this allegation were proven, it would artificially reduce the club’s overall salary cap when it should be much higher.

I find this part the most interesting. Sounds like the NRL may have accepted Parra’s rental appraisals of $100-$150/week. NRL asleep at the wheel again?

Good point, if they did then someone has to go for it from NRL HQ

I have heard that junior players, especially if they had a young family, were also afforded well priced apartments & I could name one former utility forward and reggies captain that this applies to. He is no longer at Parra.
Many were 'panic moved' out when the last big salary cap scandal broke.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8