[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not really. OJ Simpson anyone?
A case can be proved on the balance of probabilities despite failing to meet the higher criminal standard of beyond reasonable doubt. Prosecutors may simply have formed a view that the higher criminal standard couldn't be met.
Another example, in NSW it is not uncommon for an assault charge to be dismissed yet the magistrate still finds sufficient proof to justify making an AVO against the defendant, on balance of probabilities.

My point wasn't whether or not a civil case will find him guilty or not ... my point was that the NRL when determining if he should be suspended should view the case in the light of the US prosecutors decision that there wasn't enough evidence to convict.

For the NRL to decide there is enough evidence to suspend would be foolishness of Greenbergish proportions.

I’m glad the NRL haven’t suspended Hayne... what happened to Snake changed him forever. If Hayne is found guilty then act. Until that occurs it should be business as usual. Injustice is injustice, irrespective of the jersey a player wears. Let the court decide before prematurely throwing a person to the wolves.
Bret was certainly hard done by and should never have had to endure that unpleasant and difficult experience . Certainly agree , an injustice is an injustice , regardless who it may apply to, including potentially Hayne .

Not sure what you are saying.
Are you saying that he if he had been charged by prosecutors then he should be stood down?
Or are you saying he should not be stood down even if a US jury finds he did commit sexual assault?
Or none of the above?
None of the above .... presuming that we are talking about a suspension for Hayne being imposed now, and as in Snake's case, prior to any trial, the fact that prosecutors determined there was insufficient evidence to even go to trial would have to be a fairly good hint that no suspension is warranted.

In the case of the civil action, if the NRL were to act before the case goes to trial ... I am saying that they would have to also view those claims in light of the official prosecutors findings of insufficient evidence ... again any suspension would be a nonsense.

What happens after the civil court case should be determined by the outcome of said case.

Haynes only possible reason to be suspended at the moment in my opinion lies with his failure to advise the NRL and his clubs ... if and I don't know ... if that is important enough he may get a slap on the wrists.

Not sure what you are saying.
Are you saying that he if he had been charged by prosecutors then he should be stood down?
Or are you saying he should not be stood down even if a US jury finds he did commit sexual assault?
Or none of the above?
Free of any repercussions and innocent until proven guilty with Hayne's set of circumstances and i think was the contention . Maybe too simplistic and maybe i am wrong though .

Important to remember that Stewart’s suspension was explained away (at the time) as a consequence of alleged public drunkeness. Not the alleged and later disproved sexual assault.

you are correct, but can you remind me what he did in the public arena whilst being drunk?

The alleged drunkenness was an excuse for the suspension. The League would never have suspended him had it not been for the sex assault charge. I doubt anyone would have heard anything about it. Just the League covering a..e, and still looking good to show they are cleaning up the sport to those rightfully claiming women had been treated poorly by players in the past. Problem was, they targeted the wrong player and looked like gooses in the end.

Wasn't Stewart found to have NOT been drunk, during the subsequent investigation and court case , and successful suing of the media ?

It would be hilarious if every player seen drunk in public had to cop a 4 week suspension.

The only consistent thing about the NRL is it's complete lack of consistency.

you are correct, but can you remind me what he did in the public arena whilst being drunk?
Nothing that stands out.
Pretty sure him and another few players were asked to leave a pub but he wasn't singled out as the problem?
Also, arresting police officers on the night said he didn't appear intoxicated in their statements.
So the reason for suspension was BS. They just wanted Brett to disappear for a month

Wasn't Stewart found to have NOT been drunk, during the subsequent investigation and court case , and successful suing of the media ?

It would be hilarious if every player seen drunk in public had to cop a 4 week suspension.

The only consistent thing about the NRL is it's complete lack of consistency.
Yes, but the Club’s rushed report to the NRL apparently relied on hearsay and from what I can gather, not the facts of the case.

hey ManlyFan76,
Any chance you can use this shrunk version of the eagle image? there be a lot of screen real estate taken up especially on the phone screen...
Was the soundtrack some bum playing the spoons.
eaglesgettingfed.jpg

Just right click on photo and 'save as' then replace on your account. pretty please!

hey ManlyFan76,
Any chance you can use this shrunk version of the eagle image? there be a lot of screen real estate taken up especially on the phone screen...
View attachment 7275

Just right click on photo and 'save as' then replace on your account. pretty please!
I'll look for a new signature.
I change every so often so it's no problem mate

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10