[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone on FB said it right yesterday.....

Hayne is lucky he hasn't been suspended from part of next year. Brett Stewart got hung drawn and quartered before his innocence was proven.

This would be a good question to ask Greenturd.
But no doubt he would find some technicality to justify his blatant double standards.

This would be a good question to ask Greenturd.
But no doubt he would find some technicality to justify his blatant double standards.

His answer would probably be along the lines of why doesn't-matta didn't get a Dogs or Storm like punishment for rorting the salary cap by $3 million. The old "we've learned from past mistakes" thing.....

Doesn't seem to have been applied to Manly with this salary cap witch hunt though o_O

Someone on FB said it right yesterday.....

Hayne is lucky he hasn't been suspended from part of next year. Brett Stewart got hung drawn and quartered before his innocence was proven.

Yes Brett did get convicted by the press and the NRL before the criminal court could test the charges. It was appalling that both organisations stuck the proverbial boot in.

However ,Hayne is different in that the criminal court has already dismissed the charge ( the prosecutor was of the opinion that they didn't have enough evidence to convict). Hayne is simply facing a civil suit (Brett did not I believe).

Happy to let the plane play. If it was a criminal charge - sure mandatory time on the sidelines.

The NRL clearly learnt their lesson from the Snake incident, even if nobody had the decency to admit it and apologise. What happened to Snake was nothing short of disgraceful, but I'm glad they have learnt their lesson and nobody, regardless of what club they are from, has been subjected to the same treatment since.

Wont we all miss the Snake.... what a player that drew in the crowds and one of the best Aussie Accents you would find in the City!

Yes Brett did get convicted by the press and the NRL before the criminal court could test the charges. It was appalling that both organisations stuck the proverbial boot in.

However ,Hayne is different in that the criminal court has already dismissed the charge ( the prosecutor was of the opinion that they didn't have enough evidence to convict). Hayne is simply facing a civil suit (Brett did not I believe).

Happy to let the plane play. If it was a criminal charge - sure mandatory time on the sidelines.

Confused! Brett Stewart was suspended for 4 weeks despite no evidence of guilt yet Hayne is facing a civil suit which has yet to have an outcome but has zero punishment.

Confused! Brett Stewart was suspended for 4 weeks despite no evidence of guilt yet Hayne is facing a civil suit which has yet to have an outcome but has zero punishment.
From my recollection at the time Gallop and the N R L initially seemed prepared to let the justice system run its natural course with Brett for some days after the incident had been reported and to not impose any restrictions on him . After a few days or so however and as a result of what seemed to be some really minority and near hysterical public and anti - Manly expression and feed back , the N R L reacted quite irrationally to then suspend Bret . Did seem like some pretty poor form and weakness by Gallop and the N R L at the time . I guess that because there are no N R L fixture games on at present , it may present a slightly different situation but if Bret's instance is used as a precedent and for general consistency, Hayne should be also subject to some form of disciplinary measures now . But again we are talking about Greenberg and the present N R L administration now of course .

Let's be very clear here ... the police in the States investigated the claims and concluded that there was insufficient evidence to prosecute .... end of story ... Hayne has no cause to be suspended on that issue.

The new step of civil action being taken by the girl must still be viewed in the light of the "lack of evidence" conclusion by the authorities.

The area that Hayne has possible cause to be disciplined is his failure to advise the NRL or his old/new club about the allegations. If this is found to be in breach of his contract then .....

(in the Snake affair the police apparently concluded there was sufficient evidence to proceed)

Let's be very clear here ... the police in the States investigated the claims and concluded that there was insufficient evidence to prosecute .... end of story ... Hayne has no cause to be suspended on that issue.

The new step of civil action being taken by the girl must still be viewed in the light of the "lack of evidence" conclusion by the authorities.

The area that Hayne has possible cause to be disciplined is his failure to advise the NRL or his old/new club about the allegations. If this is found to be in breach of his contract then .....

(in the Snake affair the police apparently concluded there was sufficient evidence to proceed)
Seems a quite convincing interpretation and practical reading of Hayne's present situation . The main point that i was trying to convey however was Gallop and the then N R L administration's apparent overreaction and lack of principle and conviction [ so to speak ] in Bret's situation. Also their inability to simply give him a fair go and to let the matter then be subject to natural justice with out any suspensions on him .

Seems a quite convincing interpretation and practical reading of Hayne's present situation . The main point that i was trying to convey however was Gallop and the then N R L administration's apparent overreaction and lack of principle and conviction [ so to speak ] in Bret's situation. Also their inability to simply give him a fair go and to let the matter then be subject to natural justice with out any suspensions on him .

Agree ... simply pointing out that there exists sufficient differences in the 2 cases that makes comparisons problematic.

On the money again there but i really do not envy Hayne and with the fact that he still looks likely to face and be subject to some more and expensive U S style justice procedures . Knowing the Eels past mind sets and form and in a facetious sense , they may even try and seek some cap dispensation with his court and legal costs over the matter .

From my recollection at the time Gallop and the N R L initially seemed prepared to let the justice system run its natural course with Brett for some days after the incident had been reported and to not impose any restrictions on him . After a few days or so however and as a result of what seemed to be some really minority and near hysterical public and anti - Manly expression and feed back , the N R L reacted quite irrationally to then suspend Bret . Did seem like some pretty poor form and weakness by Gallop and the N R L at the time . I guess that because there are no N R L fixture games on at present , it may present a slightly different situation but if Bret's instance is used as a precedent and for general consistency, Hayne should be also subject to some form of disciplinary measures now . But again we are talking about Greenberg and the present N R L administration now of course .
I’m glad the NRL haven’t suspended Hayne... what happened to Snake changed him forever. If Hayne is found guilty then act. Until that occurs it should be business as usual. Injustice is injustice, irrespective of the jersey a player wears. Let the court decide before prematurely throwing a person to the wolves.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8