[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
@MYBOB

Brave coming in here mate, we might disagree with you but you did attempt to offer your side of the story.

For that I give you 10/10, and no Troll rating.

But tell that ****er Chief ( who posts here under a number of alias's) that he can stay over at the one eyed trouser snake site, he's not wanted here!

MYBOB

Too be honest, if his attitude was right then I would rather have kept Foran (but his attitude wasn't right was it). We should however be thanking them for taking Choc off of our hands. He was busted when he left Manly and many of us questioned whether he would last 2 years, let alone the 4 that dumb mob signed him for.
I don't know how our management came up with a four year deal for Choc, it was surprising and many of us thought it was nuts.

MYBOB

So far over the cap....can't even afford paragraphs!

Ahh the irony:

"People should accept we are under the cap regarding TPA's."

*runs around refusing to accept team breached the salary cap by 3 million*
Well there were three paragraphs, with three separate points. What is the statute of limitations on paragraphs?

If you noticed I did say we deserve sanctions as we have been badly managed, I'm not refusing to accept anything.

I was attempting to give an insight into how he NRL came up with the figure of $570K, as they offered the public zero in the way of an explanation.

Is that paragraph count sufficient?

JenEagle

Bencher
Nah

Nah still hate
: 795466, member: 26295"]Hello, I am a Parramatta Eels supporter. I know most of you hate us and most of us hate you. I do not hate Manly, anymore.
I am posting in an attempt to clear up a misconception that some NRL fans have regarding the salary cap breaches by the Eels. The NRL says we are $570K over the cap this year, this leads other fans to equate us to the Storm or the Dogs, well this is not the case. We were under the cap this year by $200K, however the NRL assessed our TPA agreements from 2013 - 2015 as not meeting the requirements of at arms length, so they added $770K to this years cap expenditure. We have been badly managed, that is not in question, our board discussed shifting cap payments to TPA payments to reduce the cap expenditure, that is outside the NRL guidelines and foolish. Do other clubs do it? Almost certainly, does uncle Nick from the Roosters strong arm his multimillionaire mates to sponsor a Roosters player? What do you think, they have $1.5Million in TPA. However we were dumb enough to get caught. We were not running two sets of books, two sets of contracts, our crimes are not in the Storm category. Do we deserve a penalty? Of course we do, but we have not taken the field this year with a salary cap breaching team, we beat the Dogs twice, you guys once and the Cowboys once with a legal side, Anthony Watmough has not laced a boot this year. Anyway our cap breach is in question, even with the questionable precident of lumping three years of TPA's on one season, Ian Schubert the former NRL salary cap auditor (and no friend of the Eels) has assessed our breach at $200K, the retirement of Choc will more than clear that up and the NRL will have to reasses the 12 points if the level of the breach is proven to be lower than $570.
Hopefully some of you Manly fans will let some of the hate clear from your view and see the real picture.
Nah

Nah still hate you
Your club has trashed this season for everyone.

Deliberate cheating over a long period, now a ridiculous situation.

You have a roster that was only possible by offering illegal extras to lure star players. There is no simple fix for that.

Tough games played have now been rendered meaningless.

A cheating team might still play in the big games.

The general public - both league followers and non followers - has been deluged with bad press concerning cheats and law suits, painting our competition as a joke run by crooks.

And the total $3 mil reportedly under-declared - that is right up there with Storm and Dog cheating, any way you look at it.

Sorry Mybob, your miserable club really has a lot to answer for.
its amazing the parra fans just don't get it.
I don't know how our management came up with a four year deal for Choc, it was surprising and many of us thought it was nuts.
MyBob why aren't eels fans questioning Brad Arthur's part in this. It wasn't Steve Sharp or John Boulos who convinced Watmough to sign for 4 years on massive coin. That was 100 percent BA who knew his knees were shot. That's got to put pressure on your cap when you are making crazy purchases like that.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
You have a roster that was only possible by offering illegal extras to lure star players. There is no simple fix for that.

Tough games played have now been rendered meaningless.

A cheating team might still play in the big games.

for future cheating here is an option:
have every contract signed after the first instance of cap abuse declared 'null & void' at the end of the year & all players concerned declared free agents for next year with the proviso that the club cannot re-sign any current players.
also force said club to pay out the difference if a player cannot get a similar contract elsewhere.
make the punishment so severe that it isn't worth the risk!

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
@MYBOB, No matter how you look at it the Eels have been systematically cheating the last 5 years. They've been caught and should cop the maximum penalty.

You have players in your team that are only there because your club CHEATED!

Your explanation means jack to me and TO most people on this forum.

Rex

Bencher
They signed Choc for 4 years, knowing 2 is optimistic. Why? Because Parra is rolling in pokie millions they don't know what to do with. And Parra was known as a career graveyard.

So pay him 4 years expecting at most 2 count in the cap.

Cap rorting is why they signed him for 4.

mbe

Reserve Grader
To to me the thing that really annoys me about the whole cheating situation is that Manly had to get rid of players so that we stayed within the salary cap. One of them was Hiku who is a very good player and would have helped us enormously in the first few weeks when we had a few injuries in the backs. If we had cheated and kept both Hiku and Gutherson I'm sure we would have won both the Souths and the Eels games and would have been higher up the ladder just like the Eels are now. However we played by the rules and both players found new homes. Yet to see Eels playing with a team that is so over the salary cap and not one of their top players is forced to move to another club just makes you realise how uneven and unfair this competition is. Watmough has not played one game this year and so is not really part of the team. If NRL was really fair dinkum about the competition they would have been made to let go of two or three of the players that have played in the team this year. Instead we get this wishy washy penalty that can change at a later date.
I'm just really disappointed in the whole way this has been handled and I feel sorry for all the teams that played by the rules.

HoldenV8

Journey Man

It was nuts. We laughed at it because we knew full well he was busted and not likely to make 2 years, let alone 4. It was a crazy signing. And the fact that he had well documented knee injuries before he joined your mob is what makes me (and others) laugh that the Speels are trying to claim that its a new injury forcing his retirement. And the timing of it is just a little too convenient given that it came about this week when the NRL handed down its so-called penalty.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good on mybob for coming on here to have his say.

But it seems that someone has super glued his blue and gold glasses to his head.

Let me see if I can pop those lenses out mate so you can begin to get an untainted view of this

The punishment does NOT just relate to 2016. It stretches back over the last 5 seasons during which the Squeels systematically tried to gain an unfair advantage. TPA agreements that were not "at arms length" but were indeed guaranteed by the club means they are NOT third party. The fact that all they could manage to win over that time was a couple of wooden spoons and another equal last finish, matters not. It would be like a speeding driver claiming he shouldn't be fined because he didn't have an accident and kill anyone.

The team that was assembled was put together by paying overs for players that may well have signed for rival clubs had the Squeels not added an extra 100-200K to what was being offered elsewhere. A few dodgy invoices with the extra finding its way into a brown paper bag passed to a player under a table with a nod and a wink.

And how do Parra fix all this ? Do the board and the coach accept that they cheated ? (Yes, BA too. You're not going to tell me the coach has nothing to do with recruitment.) Do they just accept the punishment ?(which by the way was a slap with a feather. Just ask the Dogs and Storm). No. Parra, through their directors, seek an injunction in the supreme court. They attempt to once again deceive by claiming Watmough had a new injury which everyone knows he bought with him. We're Manly fans remember. We've been watching him for over 300 games. All so they can try and cheat their way to a premiership.

Do you remember how upset your mob were when they discovered the Storm beat them in a GF by breaching the cap ? How is what you did over the past 5 years any different ?

We'll agree the competition's not fair. TPA's, unfair scheduling and teams playing some teams once and others twice. But how you can sit there and try and justify what your club did beggars belief.

They should have been rubbed out of this competition. NRL appointed administrators should have been appointed so that no more dodgy deals could be done. And they should be forced to shed players.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Foran of interest

No one from the Roosters will admit to it but they had more than a passing interest in a potential Eels fire sale – with Kieran Foran the main target. The Roosters have $600,000 sitting in their cap after losing some of their biggest stars in the off-season. That is seen by many as "Hayne money", but if things got bad for the Eels Foran could become a person of interest. You'll remember Foran and Mitchell Pearce went to school together and have long talked about playing in the NRL together.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...free-the-parramatta-eels-20160507-goowbw.html

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...matta-eels-20160507-goowbw.html#ixzz47xbzAcdY
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Foran of interest

No one from the Roosters will admit to it but they had more than a passing interest in a potential Eels fire sale – with Kieran Foran the main target. The Roosters have $600,000 sitting in their cap after losing some of their biggest stars in the off-season. That is seen by many as "Hayne money", but if things got bad for the Eels Foran could become a person of interest. You'll remember Foran and Mitchell Pearce went to school together and have long talked about playing in the NRL together.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...free-the-parramatta-eels-20160507-goowbw.html

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...matta-eels-20160507-goowbw.html#ixzz47xbzAcdY
Is this fair dinkum?
Dalai's pull on Deadbeat can't be broken- Manly can attest to their bond.

Plus the Rorters would hardly risk having both their halves potentialy in rehab :cool:

JenEagle

Bencher
Foran should have always gone to the Roosters. His family, friends, manager and even his team mates told him if leaving Manly is what you want to do then under no circumstances go to Parramatta. Go anywhere else but Parramatta. Especially if one of your key reasons for needing a change is wanting an increase in management stability after the issues Manly had under the dual ownership model.

In all seriousness Roosters would be a good option for him going forward. He should have taken less coin and looked at them very seriously in the first place.

In fact if he had any sense after watching what the Dalai has got him into he should be talking to his manager right now about looking for a new club.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Foran should have always gone to the Roosters. His family, friends, manager and even his team mates told him if leaving Manly is what you want to do then under no circumstances go to Parramatta. Go anywhere else but Parramatta. Especially if one of your key reasons for needing a change is wanting an increase in management stability after the issues Manly had under the dual ownership model.

In all seriousness Roosters would be a good option for him going forward. He should have taken less coin and looked at them very seriously in the first place.

In fact if he had any sense after watching what the Dalai has got him into he should be talking to his manager right now about looking for a new club.
He needs a new manager too. To go with the the new club, relationship, haircut, pay packet, address, lifestyle ...

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Too be honest, if his attitude was right then I would rather have kept Foran (but his attitude wasn't right was it). We should however be thanking them for taking Choc off of our hands. He was busted when he left Manly and many of us questioned whether he would last 2 years, let alone the 4 that dumb mob signed him for.
You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime.

andyvb

Reserve Grader
I love how the Parra fans are trying to justify the need to reduce their penalty. But when they lost the grandfinal to the storm, and then found out that the storm cheated the cap, they were crying for blood. EAD Parra you should not be allowed to play for points at all. You are no better then the storm and the dogs.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Foran of interest

The story about Foran being upset about Parra leaking the Manly TPA dispute is starting to make a bit more sense now...

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14
12 6 6 -76 14