[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I said **** forwards @MYBOB, not good ones. But for your information, as has been much publicised here, Hasson is an Irish International.

Granted the Gutho v Radradra comparison is a stretch but the others are fair based on the values Parra themselves attributed to the players.

Norman v Foran - Foran is on about double what Norman is at Parra

Hoppa v Jennings - Parra paid Hoppa $800k to come across, surely much more than Jenko

Watmough v Scott - didn't I read Choc is on $700k plus a $200k TPA - Scott isn't on anywhere near that.

I don't care how you signed Norman or Semi - I care about how you signed our players. That's the point of my post.

It's also why what the Eels have done is actually worse than the Storm and Bulldogs. The Storm and Bulldogs breached the cap to keep their respective teams together. While that's clearly wrong, you can at least understand where it came from. Parra breached the cap to attack Manly and try to steal our culture.

SeaEagleRock8 has asked me to reply to your post.

If you equate Foran, Watmough, Gutherson, Gower and Hasson to Norman, Radradra, Scott, Jennings and a couple of our best forwards like Manu Mau or Tepai you are joking surely?. Foran is great no doubt, but Gower is a fringe first grader with us, Watmough has been a dud for us, Gutherson? can you take him back please, he us the most ridiculed player in our side and Hasson? Who is he? he plays for Wenty doesn't he?

Like Manly did back in the day, raiding Wests to buy the best players, if you did it to us by cheating we would be going off. However I don't think we have decimated any side, Norman wasn't wanted by the Broncos, we found Semi, Scott was released from Newcasle on compassionate grounds as he had an ill child in Westmead, Jennings wasn't wanted by the Roosters (why?) Do you guys miss Gutherson? Or Hasson?

So Foran is the only big name we signed in a battle with another side, hardly a decimation.

Your comment about Gutherson makes me laugh. We'd take him back in an instant. Have you seen what we've got on the wings at the moment with Taufua and Tom out. Foran, Scott, Jennings are test players. Norman is a class act and always has been.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
As much as ide love to see parra sit on 0 for the rest of the season, i think letting them play for points is the only way to keep the comp fair..
Unless they wipe the eels from this season completely, which we all know they wont do...
parra have a rivalry with manly and will show up to play, regardless of points.. Against teams they arnt so bitter with, who knows how they would turn up, if at all..
Plus, imagine if manly are sitting on equal points with the 8th team and our season comes down to f/a and the other team gets parra the last round.. Parra just "happen" to have a shocking game and get dusted by 50 and our seasons finished... I wouldnt put that past the cheating pr%#ks

Gutherson? can you take him back please, he us the most ridiculed player in our side and Hasson? Who is he? he plays for Wenty doesn't he?

I think Gutho has been unfairly treated quite frankly. Part of the problem is that he's from Manly. The other is that over the last 10-15 years you've actually had some good quality wingers such as Luke Burt, Jarryd Hayne (Eric Grothe Jr?) and now Semi. That's a tough act to follow, especially for a guy who is essentially still a rookie, someone who for one reason or another (mostly injury) has not even played a full season since his debut in 2013.

Most of us would take him back in a heartbeat. He's a local junior who never wanted to leave anyway and was really only let go to free up cap space. Right now he would easily slot in at fullback or on the wing with us given the injuries to Stewart, Trbojevic and Taufua and while you lot haven't really had the chance to see it yet, Gutho is a quality goal kicker, something Manly is going to need to come up with next year without Killer.

Last edited:
Finally, ZtH attacks another Club !

Sporting News expert Peter Peters says club bosses gave NRL boss Todd Greenberg an ‘A plus’ for his initial handling of the salary cap crisis, but that slipped ‘to a C’ by the end of the week as news emerged Parramatta may only have to shed Watmough to start playing for competition points.

“The clubs have gone from being content to absolutely fuming over the Parramatta salary cap fiasco,” Zorba revealed on Sky Sports Radio.

“The clubs are being told the Eels may escape further punishment by simply retiring Choc Watmough.

“The clubs have exploded. They’ve had enough of it.”

The Eels only need to convince the NRL that Watmough’s chronic knee injury is career-ending for $570,000 of his contract to be wiped from the salary cap. That amount would be enough for them to be cap compliant.

parramatta-eels_yjd4zphol1du182e3q7nwfw7e.jpg

The Eels are then set to fight for a reduction in the 12-point penalty handed down by the NRL, arguing their breaches were well below the $570,000 initially stated.

But Peters revealed the clubs will not accept any watering down of the original punishment, fearing the Eels could benefit and stay alive in the finals race.

He said: “They’re (the clubs) just not going to cop it. It seems there’s no way the Eels are going to be allowed to play in the 2016 finals.

“The 12 (wins) from 15 target will soon become a myth. It will become impossible. Forget it, it’s not going to happen

“There’s no way for the league to go around it. They’re going to have to be very firm.

“The other clubs are going to demand it. They will be hit for six.”

Finally, ZtH attacks another Club !

Sporting News expert Peter Peters says club bosses gave NRL boss Todd Greenberg an ‘A plus’ for his initial handling of the salary cap crisis, but that slipped ‘to a C’ by the end of the week as news emerged Parramatta may only have to shed Watmough to start playing for competition points.

“The clubs have gone from being content to absolutely fuming over the Parramatta salary cap fiasco,” Zorba revealed on Sky Sports Radio.

“The clubs are being told the Eels may escape further punishment by simply retiring Choc Watmough.

“The clubs have exploded. They’ve had enough of it.”

The Eels only need to convince the NRL that Watmough’s chronic knee injury is career-ending for $570,000 of his contract to be wiped from the salary cap. That amount would be enough for them to be cap compliant.

parramatta-eels_yjd4zphol1du182e3q7nwfw7e.jpg

The Eels are then set to fight for a reduction in the 12-point penalty handed down by the NRL, arguing their breaches were well below the $570,000 initially stated.

But Peters revealed the clubs will not accept any watering down of the original punishment, fearing the Eels could benefit and stay alive in the finals race.

He said: “They’re (the clubs) just not going to cop it. It seems there’s no way the Eels are going to be allowed to play in the 2016 finals.

“The 12 (wins) from 15 target will soon become a myth. It will become impossible. Forget it, it’s not going to happen

“There’s no way for the league to go around it. They’re going to have to be very firm.

“The other clubs are going to demand it. They will be hit for six.”
Unfortunately for Zorba, the clubs can jump up and down all they like, the NRL are not a democracy, they are Stalinist in nature and will do what they will, regardless of clubs protests.

Unfortunately for Zorba, the clubs can jump up and down all they like, the NRL are not a democracy, they are Stalinist in nature and will do what they will, regardless of clubs protests.
You are correct. The Nrl make their rules at will.
Giving you guys the green light to continue competing for the premiership after cheating, with a dream draw due to channel nine coverage, must make you a proud supporter.

You are correct. The Nrl make their rules at will.
Giving you guys the green light to continue competing for the premiership after cheating, with a dream draw due to channel nine coverage, must make you a proud supporter.
I'm proud of our team and clearly the footy loving public like watching them if Channel 9 have such an influence as you suggest. I'm not proud if the board, they were incapable of playing the TPA game as effectively as other club boards.

I'm proud of our team and clearly the footy loving public like watching them if Channel 9 have such an influence as you suggest. I'm not proud if the board, they were incapable of playing the TPA game as effectively as other club boards.

The fact that you still consider TPA's a game to be played suggests that you condone your boards actions. That getting caught their only mistake.

Plumbob...go....just....go...away...

..back to the cyber badlands where Howard's Battlers, Tony's Tradies and Bill Curly's Blue Collared Xenophobes' thrive.
Delusional stuff. Like Ray Warren's commentary. Pity he wasn't retrospectively retired about five years ago.

Have you heard of the Western Sydney Wanderers and the GWS giants? That's why the Nrl need to promote a team from the west and ensure that they're successful. Lucky for parra fans, it's you guys. Pity for the rest of the competition that you are cheating.
But I can accept, you guys have a different standard for what's considered success, than we do at Manly.:D

Off subject just watching the logies with the good wife, because thats what one has to do every now and then ( manly free weekend ) . The compares just said "this is the night of nights " and the wife says "isn't this great " and i say" yes darling wat ever you say my dear ". THE NIGHT OF NIGHTS IS A MANLY GAME ON A F.....G FRIDAY OR A F...... SUNDAY AT A PACKED BROOKY OVAL . " brad what were you just mumbling under your breath " " NOTHING DARLING I JUST SAID I LOVE THE LOGIES. GRRRRRR.

This thread has gone from LOL@Parra to Someone give me a hammer, I wanna throw it@Parra.

Let's hear it for Parra everybody. The only team that can cheat, get found out, and yet still be allowed to participate in the competition.

Someone is clearly using the Jedi mind trick on Greensnot. But then again, it's not much of a mind, so it wouldn't be much of a trick.

Someone is clearly using the Jedi mind trick on Greensnot
I don't believe anyone is tricking Todd at all.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

He wants the 'golden west' invested in this year's premiership chase because his goal is to maximise income for the game.

The dishonesty and cheating does not bother Todd from an ethical point of view. He knows full well how uneven the competition playing field is already.

The dishonesty and cheating has merely created an embarrassing public relations problem - and that requires an imaginative solution. Luckily, as we all know, this is Todd's speciality.

If his solution incorporates a revival of some tribal hatreds then I'm sure Todd sees the upside of that too.

Wishful thinking Chief. Your embarrassment of a club will more likely lose more points rather than have any reduced.
That is a way of NRL circumventing the legal rights for the Parra board. Now the NRL can allow Parra to play for points but take all of them away at seasons end if the board remains in place.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10