[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
CANBERRA remain hopeful of luring Parramatta prop Junior Paulo to the club this season in the wake of the Eels’ salary cap drama.

Despite reports the Raiders don’t expect to pick-up Paulo mid-season, The Daily Telegraph understands the club refuse to give hope of signing the Samoan international to help ease the Eels’ juggling act with the cap.

Aussie Battler

Reserve Grader
Interesting on NRL360

Ikin and Kent are questioning the convenience of Choc's retirement fixing the Parra Cap problem.
They smell a rat - Greenturd - and would be most disappointed if this was orchestrated to wrist slap Parra :wondering:

Watch this space
Wouldn't you think that if it was a career ending injury it would have been reported as such at the time it apparently occurred. (not 3-4 months later when salary cap pressures hit). Because Choc was known to be busted it didn't even rate a mention.
Also don't understand how Choc is saying that if push comes to shove he will do the right thing by the club. A "career ending injury" would take the decision out of his hands, in that it would be an impossibility for him to play on. Eels need to be punished for sheer stupidity in signing him for 4 years. Did they get 1/2 a season out of him ?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dr Bloomfield was our club doctor from 2000 until 2012. Choc made his debut for the Northern Eagles in 2002 so Bloomfield would know (or have notes on) every single injury Choc picked up for the best part of a decade, including knee injuries which he apparently started suffering from in 2010.
Bloomfield surely has a conflict of interest due to Choc being his patient previously.

Aussie Battler

Reserve Grader
Kent reckons that 15 CEOs are miffed at the leniency :mad:
I just don't see how the punishment is going to work. Say the Bulldogs who have played the Eels twice (two losses) , finish on equal points at the end of the season, but are pipped by for and against from making the semis. Do you honestly think that they are going to lie down and accept all the lost revenue from not playing in the semis. Surely they would have a legal case that they where not able to legitimately compete for 4 competition points due to the eels skull-duggery. Surely too there would be carnage on the streets from their lunatic supporters.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Bloomfield was the NRL's chief medico. As far as I know he doesn't work for doesn't-matta.

If that's the case I'll withdraw @HappilyManly however it was listed on this very forum in the last few days that he was employed by the squeals.

If he's an independent then a perfect choice , but if he works for the Squels I still think it's not kosher.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I just don't see how the punishment is going to work. Say the Bulldogs who have played the Eels twice (two losses) , finish on equal points at the end of the season, but are pipped by for and against from making the semis. Do you honestly think that they are going to lie down and accept all the lost revenue from not playing in the semis. Surely they would have a legal case that they where not able to legitimately compete for 4 competition points due to the eels skull-duggery. Surely too there would be carnage on the streets from their lunatic supporters.
NRL run their own business according to agreed upon rules signed off by the 16 Club CEOs.
Yes it would be unfair if they made the 8, but no Club could sue the NRL IMO @:cool:

The way it's going, the 12/15 will quickly become 12/10, so we don't need to worry.
Junior Paulo may be released to the Raiders early - he is their best forward.
Deadbeat is still in rehab and when he gets on the field again, he will be sledged about his ex-partner etc:cool:

As the world turns...

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Has anyone else noticed that Anthony has been very quiet in the media this season after being so over exposed last year. I reckon someone at parra told him to lie low because he couldn't be trusted to not put his foot in his mouth about the injury. This whole dodgy retirement ruse has been brewing for a little while.

I wouldn't be too worried about the insurance payout. Working in and around that space for 20 years its unlikely Choc will get his $'s from them based on what little facts we the general public can garner.

Choc will get paid, for that you can thank the doesntmatta leagues club pokies, and rest assured he has that guarantee somewhere.

The bloke was a legend who became a joke. At least he will be a rich joke, sadly not the mildly well off legend we all hoped he would be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18