Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, thanks...I guess...@:p To be fair, you certainly gave as good as you got mate.

But in essence, what you said is true & correct. Forget that the player involved here is Liam Knight, and / or that his Dad posts. That wasn't the sentiment I was trying relay.

What I'm saying, is given the direct example of what happens when there is a publicly unhappy playing group (like we've had for 2 years), the media will destabilise, and use any unfavourable commentary to blow a situation up.

If a player states, "yeah, I'm talking to a number of clubs" that can be construed in many, many ways.

These players need to look at the sports in America (shocking, I know). I'm sure it's actually the player managers driving them a certain way, or demanding that they make a specific comment, but there is a lot more etiquette & privacy around things pertaining to commitment to the club that is currently paying their bills. Heck, it's also much nicer to the fans that get attached to them.

And I'm not naive enough to think that I'm sure people (Zorba - coughs*) share things with his buddies in the media, so I know there is issues there too.

Maybe I'm wrong, but every player, from Jamie Lyon, through to kids in SG Ball surely have to understand to be truly successful, you all have to be pulling in the same direction? A united force.

That's not telling people your looking around the opposition for potential destinations for your future career, surely?

That's why this off season has been such an absolute pleasure to experience. Comments by Lewis Brown, Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Trbojevic (1 & 2) etc etc etc. Just feel united and that there is harmony again. Heck, there was an article about this in The Manly Daily only recently.

So I apologise @Pappa Knight, @maxta, @Rex & others if that wasn't the message I was getting across. It's just that I almost walked away from the game as a whole after these past two years of disharmony. That kills a bloke.

As I've said, I hope Knight stays on and becomes the next Jason King for us ! True legend of the game in my books.
No need for apologies Ryan, all you say is true and time will tell where the Hulk will end up, I hope its Manly

I think we'll see young Liam make his debut round 4 or 5, I believe Barrett is waiting for the team to settle before throwing him into the cauldron of NRL.
Yeah that would be nice and there are others in front of him its a patience game at the moment

My favorite photo of the Hulk I played around with tonight,
Liam Manly for ever.jpg
don't think it turned out too bad :)

Replace Green with Knight. Green seemed to end up with the ball whenever we made a break in that 2nd half and just about stuffed up every opportunity.

No need for apologies Ryan, all you say is true and time will tell where the Hulk will end up, I hope its Manly

Thanks for the kind words @Pappa Knight. Hope he's here forever. I love our local juniors, and I go off if I think they are being stolen from us !!

Again, what @Rex said about a level of decorum rings true, and I shouldn't have been so stubborn in my stance. When I form an opinion, that's it - it is what it is.

I cannot wait until Liam makes his debut, sir. I bet your going to be the proudest old man ever, and I'm very envious. All the hard work, dedication and support you have provided has paid off - for your family, and that great young man.

I could of been seeing things but after Taupau scored and we made the break the following set, when he ended up with the ball about 20m out with the line open, I'm sure he stopped with the ball before looking to pass it instead of heading for the try line.
You were seeing reality - Green stopped to look for support, yet the line was open. Then again, Killer grubbered when he could have run past Simona who had his back to him, or at worse pass to Wiliame who was unmarked.@:rolleyes:

Our Players have no confidence in themselves nor each other - we need a psychologist ASAP @:cool: #StrongerTogether

Agree that we need to throw overboard some of the deckchairs on the SS Titanic Sea Eagle, ie Green, Vave, Api, Myles and WillIam. Bring in a winger (any one will do), T-Red, Liam, Potato.... cause I know they won't sack Myles.

Thanks for the kind words @Pappa Knight. Hope he's here forever. I love our local juniors, and I go off if I think they are being stolen from us !!

Again, what @Rex said about a level of decorum rings true, and I shouldn't have been so stubborn in my stance. When I form an opinion, that's it - it is what it is.

I cannot wait until Liam makes his debut, sir. I bet your going to be the proudest old man ever, and I'm very envious. All the hard work, dedication and support you have provided has paid off - for your family, and that great young man.

Well said Ryan. And I suspect Rex will positively take what you have said on board

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Yes. And despite appearances caused by our little "diversion", I do very much enjoy reading the raw enthusiasm, passion and colour @Ryan brings to the forum.
We are all in this together feathered friends.
The good times and the tough times .
We have a big game against the Sharks coming up .
Stronger-TOgether1.jpg

Knight needs to be on the bench for next game and if Buhrer is available slot him straight into the team for Brown and Green. I would even have Symonds on the bench and Api dropped so only Parcell is hooking. And where is Jesse Ramien. Havent heard about him in a while. We could use a bit of speed on the wing and when Stewart comes back Ramien and Turbo our wing men. Yeh I know he's only 18, but we need some effectiveness on the wings because there's nothing happening there at present.

Team

Stewart
Ramien
Matai
Lyon
Trbojevic
Walker
DCE
Lawrence
Parcell
Starling
Taupau
Trbojevic
Buhrer

Symonds
Knight
Vave
Myles

Chancy but a lot more stable and faster.

Knight needs to be on the bench for next game and if Buhrer is available slot him straight into the team for Brown and Green. I would even have Symonds on the bench and Api dropped so only Parcell is hooking. And where is Jesse Ramien. Havent heard about him in a while. We could use a bit of speed on the wing and when Stewart comes back Ramien and Turbo our wing men. Yeh I know he's only 18, but we need some effectiveness on the wings because there's nothing happening there at present.
Ramien is a centre in the twentys.settle down mate it's early doors.

• 🤝
Reactions: Baz
1. Is this kid definitely with us next year?
2. Those who watch him play regularly what's his best spot?

I know he is playing prop in the 20's. I remember watching him a few years back when I think he played lock. He looks a much better footballer this year. But for a young skinny kid starting out in Senior footy I'm still thinking the back row. His work rate and 1 per centres are impressive. I'm seeing a partner for Jake T for the next 10 years in our pack. My biggest question? For those that watch him regularly how quick is he? Does he have another gear of pace to go to, when he is running into a hole compared to the speed he rucks it up?
He re-signed till 2017. Best in the 2nd row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4