Let's "find a way to lose"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly can’t understand how anyone is devastated by last nights loss..
It would be devastating if it was a one off thing..
It would be devastating if it wasn’t expected..

The fact is, this manly side, if any of you had actually been paying attention for the last 2 seasons, is complete garbage when it comes to a team with any backbone..

Teams like the warriors, tigers, dogs, knights, roll over and die when you get a good lead and manly love it.. put on a cricket score…

Teams like the cowboys of 2022, that grit their teeth and have a dig in when the game looks lost, will beat this manly side every time.. and yet again was proven last night..

I’m not emotional about the loss, I tipped the cowboys and I knew it was almost a certainty.. even at 26-12 I was sure they were gonna come back.. because it’s literally all we’ve seen from this manly lot for the last couple of years.

Last nights capitulation reminded me of what the Bears used to dish up regularly.

I laughed at them.....not laughing now.

All Payton had to say to the team is to just play solid patient footy cause manly will hand us the win..which is what we just witnessed
This is a good point. Cowboys had a simple game plan but executed perfectly. Unfortunately there kicking game didn't miss a beat and in teh 2nd half they kept working to a point on the field and hoisted up a pin point bomb. Either got a repeat or had us hemmed in the corner (usually Saab's).

How is Harper in the crosshairs…again? Check his stats. Koula never made one hit up. Harper also played 67 minutes compared to the 80 from the other back four.

View attachment 21403
Just remember 40m or more of his run metres would have been from that break he made for Garricks try. That's not a knock, thought Harper was good last night, certainly not our worst. By the way Koula also definitely made hit ups.Not sure what constitutes a "hit up" in terms of stats, but Koula definitely did his share of grunt work

Change the title to “ DCE finds a way to lose”. The headless chook was the catalyst for the collapse. The myth only needed to take the tackle, instead pushes the pass and they go 70m to score. They then get all the momentum, 100% it’s on this headless chook.
Couldnt have put it better myself

Just remember 40m or more of his run metres would have been from that break he made for Garricks try. That's not a knock, thought Harper was good last night, certainly not our worst. By the way Koula also definitely made hit ups.Not sure what constitutes a "hit up" in terms of stats, but Koula definitely did his share of grunt work
Looking at these stats, a hit up is one off the dummy half. I remember Foz’ one. The stats also indicate dummy half runs. And I’m not knocking Koula. But I just wanted some perspective in regards to Harpers performance and posters who just lay the boot in because it’s deemed acceptable regardless of his good stats
9ACF0678-BF06-4844-92EA-CCF53127CD6E.png

OK - I realise the Northern Eagles is a dirty word around the Silvertails site....but I need to confess, I felt like I was in a timewarp and this game gave me the nightmares of those dark old days....

OK - I realise the Northern Eagles is a dirty word around the Silvertails site....but I need to confess, I felt like I was in a timewarp and this game gave me the nightmares of those dark old days....
All that we need now is for our captain to "write a letter" ala 2002 Beaver

I remember that famed and fabled captain relinquished captaincy and the world kept spinning

Well there are just some games during a season where you know your team is a hope for finals or not. Last night was that point in the season where at 26-12 we were looking like genuine finalists. In 4 minutes it disintegrated and at the final death it did so from the hands of our captain. Today feels like the day after a season ending finals loss. It's over. We are just playing to make up the also ran numbers now. Totally gutted. There's no coming back from this loss. Shattered !!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4