Let's "find a way to lose"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol this team is mentally weak… I said so In the eels loss thread.
Letting that try in the first half with 5 mins to go when we dominated the half was a mental lapse that we are known for..
To let in 3 try’s in the final 7 minutes to lose an unlosable game again is a sign of our mental weakness..
I won’t say we can’t beat a top 4 team, because tonight we did beat them.. for 73 minutes.. and then we beat ourselves.. because we are f$&king weak in the head
Thank Christ I had trivia tonight and couldn’t watch. All I could think of was how my 12yr old would have copped it - not we’ll his nana informed me. In fact she said “he said the f word three times and I told him he’d be sent to bed if he said it again!”. Thought to myself I would have said a lot worse! Anyway this game is a juncture in our season. We can fight from here and use this to improve or drop our bundle, miss the 8 and be an also ran. Sadly given the recent history with this side I think the latter. I’d like to be proven wrong.

It's a very quiet forum considering what was witnessed. So many fans must just saying. Im done.
I think we are all still in shock. That game will haunt us for years to come. I can’t remember being so deflated after a loss like that.

Say what you like about Hopeless Harper and Sabotage Saab, but don't knock Garrick, for a makeshift fullback he's done an enormous job...And as for Des, if we had of won, you would be calling him a genius ..:)
How is Harper in the crosshairs…again? Check his stats. Koula never made one hit up. Harper also played 67 minutes compared to the 80 from the other back four.

5FC67601-6B56-4240-8B6B-EC701853FEDF.png

Last edited:
I didn't see the game apart from the highlights so was curious to know. I thought Foz gave Ola room to breath and the space to perform. I was always worried DCE would come in and stifle Ola again.
That’s exactly what happened. I thought surely Foz has shown DCE how to unlock Guacs massive potential. Sadly I was very wrong.

Unfortunately he did
How can our captain and supposed elite star of our game be so ignorant? Or is it arrogance? I always thought DCE was the sort of guy to watch the game carefully and learn. I'm afraid that was a major misread. His ego doesn't seem to let him change his game outside of what he knows. So much talent but such a waste.

I see my GP tomorrow. I’m pretty sure after he takes my blood pressure, he will advise me to do the same.
We started off so well and we were just about there with a win against a top 4 team

But soon Ecstasy turned into devastation

as in those last moments in the game we just fell apart

We just capitulated like shot Sea eagles falling from the sky

It was such a very very disappointing loss

The ONLY redemption is to beat the Storm next week

For the opening 20mins I was watching this game going....that's defence reminiscent of the 2007-2013 era....punishing! The cowgirls struggling to make 20m each set. Smashing them at every turn.

And then we were moving the ball well, making good metres....just looking like a team that was tackling harder, running harder and playing good footy.
That really took it out of them. A few were beginning to be on their haunches when it all started to go wrong. They were completely gassed but were still trying their bums off.
The Cowboys were just fitter.
Bit of an aside: it was interesting to watch both teams warm up. Manly just jogged through the same old routines whereas the Cowboys did everything at 100% with laser like purpose. They are a very fit and well coached team who have all bought in.

That really took it out of them. A few were beginning to be on their haunches when it all started to go wrong. They were completely gassed but were still trying their bums off.
The Cowboys were just fitter.
Bit of an aside: it was interesting to watch both teams warm up. Manly just jogged through the same old routines whereas the Cowboys did everything at 100% with laser like purpose. They are a very fit and well coached team who have all bought in.
Manly had a five day, as opposed to seven day turnaround. They probably had a lighter prep for last night’s game as a result.

Tough loss to take however they played a lot better than I expected.

Some good signs there and with a few tweaks with players and positions we could have a team giving the top teams a run.

Tough loss to take however they played a lot better than I expected.

Some good signs there and with a few tweaks with players and positions we could have a team giving the top teams a run.
I have to agree. We played a lot better last night - particularly defensively (for the first 65 mins). I think we can build on this if we can get up and get the right mindset - as in, not too negative from this loss. DCE needs to take responsibility and improve his game management in general and how he connects with his outside backs. Des needs to address that.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6