Let’s STOP this RIGHT NOW !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Employee of the year

IMO Trent did not fix our attack . Our attack only consisted of individual brilliance rather than super team play .
I will give Trent credit for this though ..........
Trent has always been a lover and he taught our players how to love .
View attachment 10141

Well when Des taught our players to hate other teams, get in their ear and get in their face ......we won 2 premierships.

So...... @;)

Nothing like the broncos seibold isn't threatening to turn up at training.
Minor detail.The fact is,both clubs have coaches that they are paying for that they’d rather not be.Both Barrett and Bennett are holding out for payouts and the Penns and Broncos are just waiting for them to slip up to nullify their contract.Barrett’s appearance at Manly,if that is factual,is hardly going to impact the players given 99% of their training at present is with the fitness staff.Doubt a ball has been kicked in anger.

Firstly, I am no fan of Barrett's coaching, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he was hugely inexperienced, and notwithstanding a terrible run of injuries and a weak squad, he still lacked the killer instinct and fear factor we needed (a la Hasler) to stop results like the Penrith and Gold Coast horrible Brookie capitulations.

But let's look at the Barrett contract issue in clear light.

1. Barrett's an employee with a contract stating he is head coach, and can only be head coach, with a resignation notice period of 12 months. RESULT: No problem there you'd think, as coaches don't usually ever resign of their own free will.

2. Barrett resigns in July 2018 giving his contractually agreed 12 months notice period to expire in July 2019. RESULT: Big problem, suddenly we don't have a coach beyond July 2019 and clearly the club needs a coach for the whole season, preferably starting Mon Nov 5.

3. Penn signs Hasler to start Mon Nov 5. RESULT: Big problem, now the club has TWO head coaches, and the outgoing one Barrett won't leave without a full payout, as if his legally contract right.

4. Penn realises his error in having two head coaches so declares Barrett can stay paid until July but in another capacity. RESULT: Big problem, Barrett's contract clearly states he can ONLY be head coach and not demoted to a lesser role.

6. Barrett makes it clear he must be head coach, or happily be fully paid out as per his contract. RESULT: Penn continues to refuse the payout, so we STILL have two head coaches.

7. Hasler turns up to work on Mon Nov 5, clearly expecting Penn to have resolved the matter so he can coach the team without the media turning up to see Hasler and Barrett opening their car doors in front of each other in the carpark. RESULT: Penn still hasn't settled the payout.

Need I continue?

Like it or not Penn agreed to a contract where Barrett was fully entitled to a 12 month resignation period AS HEAD COACH or as it standard employment practice he gets fully paid out to leave early.

Penn rightfully states as an employer he needed to protect his business by employing Hasler, but that's got nothing to do with the fact he also has a contract to honour with Barrett.

And why did Penn agree to a 12 month resignation clause in the first place? Probably because coaches never resign, they get fired and paid out, at a time frame that suits the club. Therefore the July problem was seemingly not something that anyone imaged would happen.

Until that is, Barrett thought he had the Penrith gig so resigned in July only to be sold the dump from Gus/Beavis and didn't get it after all.

The solution? Surely Penn needs to pay Barrett out in full, RIGHT NOW, just like other clubs do.

If Jake and Tom can see that's as clear as day, why can't anyone else?

Meanwhile Des needs a clear media free space to coach the team back to greatness, not a media circus.

Put him on 'gardening leave'. Happens all the time when an employee is leaving and you don't want the disharmony effecting the workforce.

Sure we need to pay him but it's the best option.

Firstly, I am no fan of Barrett's coaching, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he was hugely inexperienced, and notwithstanding a terrible run of injuries and a weak squad, he still lacked the killer instinct and fear factor we needed (a la Hasler) to stop results like the Penrith and Gold Coast horrible Brookie capitulations.

But let's look at the Barrett contract issue in clear light.

1. Barrett's an employee with a contract stating he is head coach, and can only be head coach, with a resignation notice period of 12 months. RESULT: No problem there you'd think, as coaches don't usually ever resign of their own free will.

2. Barrett resigns in July 2018 giving his contractually agreed 12 months notice period to expire in July 2019. RESULT: Big problem, suddenly we don't have a coach beyond July 2019 and clearly the club needs a coach for the whole season, preferably starting Mon Nov 5.

3. Penn signs Hasler to start Mon Nov 5. RESULT: Big problem, now the club has TWO head coaches, and the outgoing one Barrett won't leave without a full payout, as if his legally contract right.

4. Penn realises his error in having two head coaches so declares Barrett can stay paid until July but in another capacity. RESULT: Big problem, Barrett's contract clearly states he can ONLY be head coach and not demoted to a lesser role.

6. Barrett makes it clear he must be head coach, or happily be fully paid out as per his contract. RESULT: Penn continues to refuse the payout, so we STILL have two head coaches.

7. Hasler turns up to work on Mon Nov 5, clearly expecting Penn to have resolved the matter so he can coach the team without the media turning up to see Hasler and Barrett opening their car doors in front of each other in the carpark. RESULT: Penn still hasn't settled the payout.

Need I continue?

Like it or not Penn agreed to a contract where Barrett was fully entitled to a 12 month resignation period AS HEAD COACH or as it standard employment practice he gets fully paid out to leave early.

Penn rightfully states as an employer he needed to protect his business by employing Hasler, but that's got nothing to do with the fact he also has a contract to honour with Barrett.

And why did Penn agree to a 12 month resignation clause in the first place? Probably because coaches never resign, they get fired and paid out, at a time frame that suits the club. Therefore the July problem was seemingly not something that anyone imaged would happen.

Until that is, Barrett thought he had the Penrith gig so resigned in July only to be sold the dump from Gus/Beavis and didn't get it after all.

The solution? Surely Penn needs to pay Barrett out in full, RIGHT NOW, just like other clubs do.

If Jake and Tom can see that's as clear as day, why can't anyone else?

Meanwhile Des needs a clear media free space to coach the team back to greatness, not a media circus.
Maybe Penns Lawyers can see something that that footballers and supporters cant see

The main points here are Barrett had made the choice to go else where....his heart and head were obviously else where.
Manly has now employed a new coach and staff that want to be here.
He may have some legal rights to cling on in terms of getting more coin, but in actual fact.....he has not really been the Manly coach since wanting out long ago.
There maybe plenty of trivia on the legal side of things, but morally, he is no longer a part of the Manly Seaeagles.
If he wants to chase money - and it's owed - go for it....but take the circus away from the players and coaching staff who are preparing for 2019.

Disagree.

Just put him on official ' gardening leave' to protect the interests on the club. Business is business and it happens all the time.

Yes we will need to pay him but we have the right to say. Sure your Still head coach however you can't fufuil that role so stay at home till the end of the notice period and then off you go.

giphy.gif

$300,000 to pay so we can move Baz on from the club. Even though I believe he does not deserve a single cent more the club, as a member I am willing to donate an additional $100 towards a fund to pay him off and piss him off from the joint.

This issue is creating too much negative press for our club and I can just imagine how confused our players are. Baz needs to know that Des is the coach now and I am will to contribute financially to make this happen.
NZ Eagle please use your $100 towards becoming a member or getting another member on board.

WASTING your money trying to help get rid of that outsider of a coach we once had.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8