Leave now folks.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is amazing how things change so quickly....Griffin was going to be sacked before the start of the season and now....Arthur was the messiah and a premiership was beckoning and now....Stuart was on the cusp of a premiership and then about to be sacked and now it is undecided again,Bennett is about to be gone.Green re-signed and he has been feeling some pressure,Kearney was going to be the first coach to be sacked and now he is a genius after years of mediocrity as a coach.Brennan is pissed off and called his side dumb,Robinson at the Roosters is starting to feel the heat,if Flanagan didn't win last night the drums were starting to sound.Pay has been copping it from the kennel,there were some questions being asked of Bellamy before the last 2 weeks.(interesting that the reduction in penalties blown has remarkably coincided with their 2 wins,players getting the hint or the refs giving up?)Fickle game this sport.....

To all the people who are disengaged, embarrassed to support Manly, are going to turn it in after supporting the team for 10, 20, 30, 40 , 50 years due to our current situation in 2018 you might as well grab your bats and balls and leave now.
Leave quietly.
Stop whinging.
Maybe support an NRL owned team.
Or, like the team need to do, dig deep.
Heads up.
Move forward.
Be Manly!
Go Manly!
Please win soon team. This place is getting out of control.
A tad patronising this... Been here as long as you.. Not seen such a pile of poop since northern eagles days... Love your enthusiasm but the team is farked. we need a rebuild from the coach downward.

A tad patronising this... Been here as long as you.. Not seen such a pile of poop since northern eagles days... Love your enthusiasm but the team is farked. we need a rebuild from the coach downward.

I think you're memory, like mine, is a little shaky there Jerry1. Manly in 1994 came in 13th in the season. They had losses to Parramata 52-12, Newcastle 56-12 and the big loss 72-12 against Penrith that led to Beaver officially apologising to the fans. There were other losses well in the 40s. This year may turn out as bad, but so far it cant compare with the dreadful year. Three years later we were in the grand final and won it the following year. Hasler was coaching all those sides. Shows how fast things can change. They also had a number of bright young future stars in that 1994 side. Sometimes we have to wait for maturity...and a few added heavies... to mature, as well as the coach.

Understand it could have been taken several ways. Not meant to be patronising at all,
And seriously, does anyone really have to do what I say?
Nup.
I was just having a sort of vent on here like many others.

I think you're memory, like mine, is a little shaky there Jerry1. Manly in 1994 came in 13th in the season. They had losses to Parramata 52-12, Newcastle 56-12 and the big loss 72-12 against Penrith that led to Beaver officially apologising to the fans. There were other losses well in the 40s. This year may turn out as bad, but so far it cant compare with the dreadful year. Three years later we were in the grand final and won it the following year. Hasler was coaching all those sides. Shows how fast things can change. They also had a number of bright young future stars in that 1994 side. Sometimes we have to wait for maturity...and a few added heavies... to mature, as well as the coach.
Yep shaky memory. Northern eagles were 2000 / 2002 as I remember.

Sorry. My mistake. That should have read 2004, not 1994, and in the grand final 2007, winning it 2008. This is of course after the Northern Eagles debacle

I don't see any improvement since Baz has arrived sorry. We're going backwards. Currently 13th. This in reality is probably where we are & a fair reflection of our form. Pass me you're rose tinted glasses & I'll take another look. Now I'll wave the flag every week but as the head honcho says it's a results driven business... Perhaps not if you're a yes man though...

Understand it could have been taken several ways. Not meant to be patronising at all,
And seriously, does anyone really have to do what I say?
Nup.
I was just having a sort of vent on here like many others.

Hi Nicci. Its all good. My embarrassment has now subsided into smoldering anger with the seemingly endless off field crap plus the on field **** performances our players have been providing us with.

Hopefully, that gets turned round this week against Newcastle. Right now my head is saying no way that happens, but I would love to be proven wrong.

At this stage I would be happy with a determined, committed, enthusiastic loss, (My defintion of mediocrity) but would also love to see the team get a win. Go Manly.

I don't see any improvement since Baz has arrived sorry. We're going backwards. Currently 13th. This in reality is probably where we are & a fair reflection of our form. Pass me you're rose tinted glasses & I'll take another look. Now I'll wave the flag every week but as the head honcho says it's a results driven business... Perhaps not if you're a yes man though...

I think Des had better talent to start in 2004, than Baz has, though we dont know how good some of the players we have will become. Des had Scott Donald, John Hopoate, Jason King, Steve Menzies, Brett Stewart, Glen Stewart, Anthony Watmough as well as the top point scorer for the year Michael Monahan and Andrew Walker. He had added over the next few years Matai, Kennedy, Hicks, Robertson, Bell and Orford.

Now look at what Barrett has. The Trbojevics, DCE, a lame Walker, an improving Kelly, and injured Sironen, Api and Taupau. The rest are either youngsters still developing or reserve graders. In a year or two if some of the juniors make the grade and impress, we could have a pretty decent side. But for now its a team developing and with much less talent than Hasler had in his early years.

So I'm watching Big League Wrap, and they are saying the players are telling the media that the preparation for the game by the club was awful.

Unacceptable.

So I'm watching Big League Wrap, and they are saying the players are telling the media that the preparation for the game by the club was awful.

Unacceptable.
I thought they said people inside the club, not the players. How much of this BS is Zorba responsible for I wonder? Someone is leaking to the media.
We know he has a grudge against DCE. We also know he thinks the fans are irrelevant. Could he be trying to undermine Baz as well?

If you can't handle it after we lose like we did on Sunday, then forget about coming here after a loss.

Chernobyl had nothing on the meltdowns we have lol.

I think Des had better talent to start in 2004, than Baz has, though we dont know how good some of the players we have will become. Des had Scott Donald, John Hopoate, Jason King, Steve Menzies, Brett Stewart, Glen Stewart, Anthony Watmough as well as the top point scorer for the year Michael Monahan and Andrew Walker. He had added over the next few years Matai, Kennedy, Hicks, Robertson, Bell and Orford.

Now look at what Barrett has. The Trbojevics, DCE, a lame Walker, an improving Kelly, and injured Sironen, Api and Taupau. The rest are either youngsters still developing or reserve graders. In a year or two if some of the juniors make the grade and impress, we could have a pretty decent side. But for now its a team developing and with much less talent than Hasler had in his early years.

You can say that now but back then they were as green as any players running around today. The hook is that Des molded them & brought out their true potential. Baz doesn't have that in him. He's not mercenary enough - doesn't have the ego & the drive that Des had. perhaps hasler has lost it now but back then he was the man.

You can say that now but back then they were as green as any players running around today. The hook is that Des molded them & brought out their true potential. Baz doesn't have that in him. He's not mercenary enough - doesn't have the ego & the drive that Des had. perhaps hasler has lost it now but back then he was the man.

Maybe so. But they were champion players on the rise. How many of the present side do you see potentially in that category. Tom T, Jake T, DCE, Walker and maybe Kelly, Sironen and Api. Taupau was already well considered. Little else in first grade at present I would say with big futures. Maybe a couple in the Reggies. After two years Hasler virtually had the side that would that would sit at the top for the next half dozen years. Cant say the same for what Baz has after 2 years

the big loss 72-12 against Penrith that led to Beaver officially apologising to the fans.

I was there for that massive loss to Penrith. Took my two young blokes as part on the indoctrination (ok brainwashing) process. They did not take much interest in the game, playing on the side of the hill. I left it at that, which is very much unlike me, but the circumstances of the day demanded extraordinary behaviour (and to this day it has never been spoken about). What was very coincidental is my memory of beating Penrith 70-7 (1973?). It took 31 years, but they got their revenge.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8