Leave now folks.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So your happy with constant crap we have been dish up on and off the field.

I remember back when this board was started by dan and was called alternate Eagles. The was a saying that become folklore in this place.

‘mediocrity won’t be tolerated’

Sounds like you are being very tolerant to the mediocrity the current management are dishing up.

I dont think that is what Nicci is saying Cameron. Nicci is not denying the problems that exists in the present side but is looking at the big picture...the long term issue of support. Manly have been through hard times in the past and I doubt that Nicci is supporting mediocrity or being too tolerent at all. Nicci is just in my opinion being pragmatic and calling it what it is and that in the long term this shouldnt cause supporters to give up the club indefinitely. I'm also very disappointed with the present effort and there are obviously major problems that need to be addressed, despite, Barrett's downplaying of the situation. But who knows, in two years we could be premiers. The advantage of beng where they are at present is that there is only one direction left and that is up.

I dont think that is what Nicci is saying Cameron. Nicci is not denying the problems that exists in the present side but is looking at the big picture...the long term issue of support. Manly have been through hard times in the past and I doubt that Nicci is supporting mediocrity or being too tolerent at all. Nicci is just in my opinion being pragmatic and calling it what it is and that in the long term this shouldnt cause supporters to give up the club indefinitely. I'm also very disappointed with the present effort and there are obviously major problems that need to be addressed, despite, Barrett's downplaying of the situation. But who knows, in two years we could be premiers. The advantage of beng where they are at present is that there is only one direction left and that is up.
Thanks Bearfax.
You're right. That's what I meant. It might have sounded like I was being a bit combative in the post which is why I lightened it at the end and I thought twice about posting as it was an emotional response to today in general.
I knew there were variables for interpreting it in different ways but I pressed post so I accept the responsibility of putting my words out there.
I didn't really expect Cherry Poppins style insults but I have my big girl pants on so, whatever.
Manly supporting is a complicated business.;)
Good night.

Mediocrity will not be tolerated. We shouldnt be telling supporters to stay strong we should be demanding better of the players and club.

We are watching a team divided
Absolutely!! Could not agree more!! If we just mindlessly accept that lack of commitment because we will be labelled as disloyal or told to "leave now" then we are doing the club we love an even bigger disservice. I have supported this club through thick and thin for 46 years so kindly don't tell me to "leave now" because I have an opinion and I choose to voice it. I'll be here next week, and the week after that and the week after that!! Please don't be so discourteous!!!

Absolutely!! Could not agree more!! If we just mindlessly accept that lack of commitment because we will be labelled as disloyal or told to "leave now" then we are doing the club we love an even bigger disservice. I have supported this club through thick and thin for 46 years so kindly don't tell me to "leave now" because I have an opinion and I choose to voice it. I'll be here next week, and the week after that and the week after that!! Please don't be so discourteous!!!

The reality is that I will also forever remain a Sea Eagles supporter. That however does not lessen the shame and acute embarrassment I am feeling right now.

I have never before posted negatively about the club, and have always backed players and the current coach. Even when they were perhaps undeserving of this unswerving loyalty and faith, that I have always maintained in the proud culture of the Manly Sea Eagles.

I am embarrassed to be a Manly supporter right now, the club appears completely directionless, and if there is an answer to our current situation, I am really struggling to see it right now.

To all the people who are disengaged, embarrassed to support Manly, are going to turn it in after supporting the team for 10, 20, 30, 40 , 50 years due to our current situation in 2018 you might as well grab your bats and balls and leave now.
Leave quietly.
Stop whinging.
Maybe support an NRL owned team.
Or, like the team need to do, dig deep.
Heads up.
Move forward.
Be Manly!
Go Manly!
Please win soon team. This place is getting out of control.
Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I for one plan to stick around and have an opinion even if it may be a little different to yours.

I do not often agree with Andrew Webster and this article as painful as it is to read is very accurate about our current state. There is a culture of denial about some of our problems, the salary cap issue has really compounded things. The communication coming from the top has not helped our cause. I want to see some honesty from the coach and captain, the Hastings DCE saga has shown that we only got half the truth. We need to do much better in every facet if we are to turn this around!

It’s more than wearing the Manly emblem and shouting out “ Go Manly” .....you want to support those players having and respecting the standards players from the past have set....this is the problem....I can accept a gutsy, whole hearted team ripping in and falling short, but the effort has been simply pathetic.
I agree with you feathered friend .
We are passionate supporters of a club with a proud history
We will always support our club
We will never accept mediocre play
Manly stands for Magnificence . Mediocre is a North Sydney mentality and look what happened to them .

This may be misinterpreted but I am an embarrassed fan. To walk out of the ground after the last few performances is embarrassing.

Financially turning up at different grounds every week is expensive, sitting there watching the team have no enthusiasm and no aggression is gut wrenching.
Yesterday felt like I was watching a practice session.

I will always be a Manly supporter but until they get on the field and act as though they give a sh*t I will continue to be the embarrassed fan.

@Ralphie @mikem the point of this thread is that I actually don't want anyone to leave at all. Like all those who talked about quitting this was an emotional response from me but I did know may interpret it differently so it was a risk I took.
So just to clear things up:
It rips my heart out to see the team perform like this.
I do not tolerate mediocrity and think everything okay.
It was absolutely nothing to do with telling people to leave the forum.
It makes me really disheartened to hear about people want to quit supporting the team because we're in a serious hole.
Manly needs all the fans we can get because we're not getting any love from anyone else ever.
I hope that clears things up.

@Ralphie @mikem the point of this thread is that I actually don't want anyone to leave at all. Like all those who talked about quitting this was an emotional response from me but I did know may interpret it differently so it was a risk I took.
So just to clear things up:
It rips my heart out to see the team perform like this.
I do not tolerate mediocrity and think everything okay.
It was absolutely nothing to do with telling people to leave the forum.
It makes me really disheartened to hear about people want to quit supporting the team because we're in a serious hole.
Manly needs all the fans we can get because we're not getting any love from anyone else ever.
I hope that clears things up.
That contradicts the title of this thread.

Leave now folks

Well at least you’ve ascertained no one’s leaving Nicci!!

Oh and by the way you didn’t answer the “ marry me” question on page 2!!!
He is just waiting for the "For better or worse' confirmation , the worse reference certainly is applicable to Manly 's current playing performance predicament .

That contradicts the title of this thread.

Leave now folks
That was the point.;)
A reverse psychology kind of thing.
Good to see it ignited so much passion.
After all, we're all in this crazy journey together.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6