Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lawrence is a legend. Has won me over, love the guy! Well done for getting a two year deal hopefully on big coin and thanks for making Manly your home for the past few years!

A workhorse forward, absolute workhorse... I have often shown my appreciation of his mental toughness but it really is sensational, one of the toughest blokes in the game, never gives up. His size has never hindered his confidence. Always hits. Always sticks.

Lawrence I personally thank you for all you've done for the club, you are a manly legend in my eyes. One of my favourite. Let's win the premiership with you leading us by example for one final time

However, I am happy with the clubs decision with this, perhaps would've preferred a one year deal although for Lawrence's sake it's better he gets the two to send him and his family off well financially and back with his family in the Gold Coast

Last edited by a moderator:
If official - then I wish him all the very best.

He sets the standard for how you want your club represented on and off the field. I was really happy he was playing here at Manly.

The guy has a terrific attitude and is a champion off the field as well.

He is a class act as a human being and a solid late bloomer who has contributed plenty to the Manly jumper. I wish him all the best.

Well said Snake.

BJ is one of my favourites but you have to be very careful when holding on to an aging forward. In the NRL era, I can only think of Ben Kennedy and Joe Galavao as forwards who really bloomed in their twilight years with us.

Sad to hear that BJ is moving on. He's been a great club man on and off the field and one of the genuine nice guys of the NRL. Always put in 100 %. He will be missed. Good luck on the Gold Coast.

Well said Snake.

BJ is one of my favourites but you have to be very careful when holding on to an aging forward. In the NRL era, I can only think of Ben Kennedy and Joe Galavao as forwards who really bloomed in their twilight years with us.

Not with us, but Cronulla held onto Lewis, Gallen and Heighington and won a comp with that experience on board

Personally, and I'm one of the few, I prefer to look at the players performance rather than the age beside their name, and on performance this season, I would have like us to hold onto Lawrence

Not with us, but Cronulla held onto Lewis, Gallen and Heighington and won a comp with that experience on board

Personally, and I'm one of the few, I prefer to look at the players performance rather than the age beside their name, and on performance this season, I would have like us to hold onto Lawrence
Tend to agree, Kiwi. Remember that Lawrence was a late bloomer and has less wear and tear on his body than most frontrowers of a similar age. Still, we do have a lot of up and coming forwards on our books and it's hard to fault the club for playing the percentages here. I wish he'd stayed but also wish him well.

Sad to see him go , but I'm betting we won't be if he goes up there and does an ACL , and then another one the next year!

Happy with the youth policy too BUT we still need a top quality forward and I'd almost bet my left nut that we will have one coming!

BJ has been a for great buy for the club i remember when the club signed him and thought great purchase big and fast , and believe he still is
After coming back from a serious back injury he has been great for the club this year
I for one will miss his running in open spaces so quick for a big man . but wont miss when he is in full flight he has the blinkers on and see's no one in support
Good Luck BJ

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11