Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BJ has a bit of "blue arse" in him that's for sure. But I think he keeps on the positive side of the ledger in general in terms of contribution and effort.
Yeah, I tend to agree.

This thread was never an attempt to crucify or assassinate Lawrence, I just think that it's not such a bad thing if he walks at the end of the year. Perret looks OK to me and he is young, big and has a good offload in him. I am happy to see the youth come through.

Hey @Snake - respect your opinion legend, but in this case I'd have to disagree mate. Lawrence is heart and soul. His line speed is fantastic. His enthusiasm contageous. When the boys were down a few times last night, he was behind the play revving them all right up. You wouldn't have seen that on tele. He'd walk up to players, tap them on the keester, nod his head and so "come on, rip in" and stuff. You could actually see those players lifting in their next play.

Brenton is a leader both on and off the field for us.
Thanks Ryan,

I totally agree with what you are saying but the point of my thread was not to rubbish Lawrence's entire game or imply that he is a terrible footballer. He has many strengths of which I can clearly see and appreciate.

But...

he comes up with really poor plays at critical moments...that's not an opinion, it's a fact. I could put a video together as evidence but I have better things to do. I respect that other people might not be able to see these errors and that's fine.

If you read my post properly, I stated that it's not the quantity that bothers me...it just seems that it's always Brenton who infringes at the worst possible times. When the game is on the line, he drops the ball or gives away a dumb penalty. He did it against the Titans in the second half as well; he is good for a piggy back penalty or a spilt pill when we don't need it, every week.

The other thing...often when one of our players gives away a penalty, I can't for the life of me see how the referees came up with the decision...but where Lawrence is concerned, it's always blatant and dumb...it's like I could see it happening a mile away and I am screaming at him and sure enough...blow goes the whistle.

That's my opinion...I don't expect everyone to agree with it. I knew when I posted this, that it would cause a stir because this guy is super popular with supporters.

I did read it properly, could have easily just been a comment in the game day thread instead of a new pointless one.

No doubt the Manly coaching staff - selectors regularly take into account B J "s mobility and enthusiasm and match contribution versus his tendency to make some errors at critical times , [ And i agree it can be frustrating at times ] Would still seem to warrant being in Manly's 1 7 - game day team and has lifted to another level since joining the Sea eagles in 2013 [ I think ] . Whether he is resigned will probably be dependent on money - cap considerations and what other forward recruiting options are being considered at present and current forward playing stock considerations .

And you can't see the the difference between an abusive arrogant declaration about the future and an opinion as expressed by the poster of this thread?
You don't need to step in and bully independent thinkers while defending the incredibly poor abusive predictions of your mates, it is very boring.
I'm not inclined to stand idly by collecting insults from the likes of you.
You berated Susan incessantly for his opinion about Koroisau, in fact you pursued him with such scornful and self-righteous fervour that we have now lost this highly valued long-term poster as a direct result of your harassment. I hate to think how many others have we lost because of your voluminous bombastic and sanctimonious double-talk.

One final point if you are still reading , I was on here as "Enigma" before and logged out because I found the lack of actual debate to be a waste of time. A couple of superior negative types were drilling me with illogical crap about Barrett and Fulton and I chose to exit because I was about to get abusive. I tried to log on months later but failed and through my fault . I tried again later and I was successful but was stopped from using the same name . I am not good with computers . I said I was Enigma before so no deception is involved if anyone may think this.

Funny that - because Silvertails records show Forty Baskets joined on 1 May 2015 and Enigma on 23 April 2016.

In other words you already had your Forty Baskets identity up your sleeve as a spare, before you were unable to log back as Enigma.

In other words you are not only a person who repeatedly focusses on attacking other ST members, you are also dishonest. Goodbye until we see you again under some new nom de plume.

It's true he does give away dumb penalties. The foot thing always happens to him maybe other teams target him. They put the ball down behind his foot and as he retreats he hits the ball.. happened a few times already this year. He needs to be more aware... apart from that he's a warrior. 1 year extention at least

I'm not inclined to stand idly by collecting insults from the likes of you.
You berated Susan incessantly for his opinion about Koroisau, in fact you pursued him with such scornful and self-righteous fervour that we have now lost this highly valued long-term poster as a direct result of your harassment. I hate to think how many others have we lost because of your voluminous bombastic and sanctimonious double-talk.

Funny that - because Silvertails records show Forty Baskets joined on 1 May 2015 and Enigma on 23 April 2016.

In other words you already had your Forty Baskets identity up your sleeve as a spare, before you were unable to log back as Enigma.

In other words you are not only a person who repeatedly focusses on attacking other ST members, you are also dishonest. Goodbye until we see you again under some new nom de plume.
If forty baskets is the reason susan no longer posts here then forty baskets can go and F off.

Brenton's name tossed around for Origin ,If Wallace has picked up an injury and was supposably next forward to be picked for the Maroons.Does he even get a look in ?
Would love him to get a call up ,but dont really see it happening.

Yes forty baskets is the reason Susan stopped posting
@susan . Where ever you are ??? come back to Silvertails land !!!
No one is bigger than the club, not even forty baskets who has every right to express their opinion .
Come back @susan and ..........
images.jpg

@susan . Where ever you are ??? come back to Silvertails land !!!
No one is bigger than the club, not even forty baskets who has every right to express their opinion .
Come back @susan and ..........
View attachment 5654
Technically everyone has a privilege to do so, however there is a difference between repeatedly pursuing people for having an opinion differing from your own to the point they no longer want to participate, that is wrong. As such forty baskets no longer has that privilege and has been banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically everyone has a privilege to do so, however there is a difference between repeatedly pursuing people for having an opinion differing from your own to the point they no longer want to participate, that is wrong. As such forty baskets no longer has that privilege and has been banned.
I was not aware of the confrontational details between 40 baskets and susan but if 40 baskets was a basket case then he got what he asked for
god-playing-scientists-say-men-will-soon-be-able-to-have-babies-by-themselves-image-4.gif

• 😆
Reactions: Dan
And you can't see the the difference between an abusive arrogant declaration about the future and an opinion as expressed by the poster of this thread?
You don't need to step in and bully independent thinkers while defending the incredibly poor abusive predictions of your mates, it is very boring.

Wow, forty baskets yet still short one of a picnic

I did read it properly, could have easily just been a comment in the game day thread instead of a new pointless one.
A pointless thread that you felt the need to make point about? Astounding logic! Well done for being a patronising jerk simply because you don't agree with my opinion...you're a classy guy.

Nothing worse than a forum martyr.

Yes there is... a Parramatta! (Parramarytr...? sort of?...kind of?...yes?...no?...maybe?... it's early.)

I'd like to see Lawrence get another year or two.

He hasn't dropped the ball in a couple of games as well which I'm happy with (seemed to do it once or twice a game when ripping in.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8