Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I know he is a very popular member of our squad, but without fail he does something to really piss me off every game. It's not that he makes heaps of mistakes or gives away heaps of penalties, it's more when he does it.

I almost smashed my TV when he gave that ruck penalty away tonight. He is a hole hearted campaigner, but personally, I will not be sorry to see the back of him. I'm really sorry, I know you all love him, but he drives me insane sometimes.

He missed his assignment at marker, with Levi scoring too. He needed to show more urgency at the play-the-ball and get up off the ground and at least attempt to take his place at marker.

Last edited:
Lol 1 penalty in a game the refs were blowing them for sneezing?

AFB sticking his leg out on the 5th tackle was worse than that
If you read my post properly, I stated that it's not the quantity that bothers me...it just seems that it's always Brenton who infringes at the worst possible times. When the game is on the line, he drops the ball or gives away a dumb penalty. He did it against the Titans in the second half as well; he is good for a piggy back penalty or a spilt pill when we don't need it, every week.

The other thing...often when one of our players gives away a penalty, I can't for the life of me see how the referees came up with the decision...but where Lawrence is concerned, it's always blatant and dumb...it's like I could see it happening a mile away and I am screaming at him and sure enough...blow goes the whistle.

That's my opinion...I don't expect everyone to agree with it. I knew when I posted this, that it would cause a stir because this guy is super popular with supporters.

Personally think Lawrence form is back to that purple patch a few seasons ago....the penalties tough to judge and he is a fairly cleanskin player for most time.
The turned back and hasty tackle leading to the Levi try agreed was a bad moment, but it's not a common thing in his game, so see it more a 1 off.

Agree that he is usually the one stupidly giving away a ruck penalty at crucial times. I too have cursed his name most game for it.....but...... i still love him. All heart and always giving 100% without fail. He just doesn't realise that only Cam Smith is allowed to hold down for that long.
Disappointed he's leaving.

Tom T has fallen in love with the cut out. Those two need to break up quick smart.

BJ getting moved on will be like Kitey going to Penrith. I hope he scores a nice final pay day on someone else's dime. Manly rarely pay older guys for past performances.

I think he is targeted by the refs same way watnow was. Most of the penalties are for hand on the ball, which is the biggest bs penalty going. 1 in 3 tackles there is hard on the ball, but the refs only choose to penalise to insert their influence on the game

Been in great form but man he was blowing with 10m to go. Basically walking back on side. Been good this year though, everyone has a crap game everynow and then

Personally think Lawrence form is back to that purple patch a few seasons ago....the penalties tough to judge and he is a fairly cleanskin player for most time.
The turned back and hasty tackle leading to the Levi try agreed was a bad moment, but it's not a common thing in his game, so see it more a 1 off.

I watched that bit (re: BJ) a few times.

He was never square at marker and wanted to stay out of the play (back to the opposition is never a good idea, I agree) - but when Levi went straight past Tom, bj still tried a tackle that could've landed him in the bin. I think bj also blocked our onside marker from attempting a tackle. lol

Tom fell for a dummy pretty easily it looked like, and whilst we all love Tom (except for his increasing cut out passes- pick yer moments Tom) there's still a ways for him to go in the defence heavy spot of fullback.

Still...it's all looking pretty good!

Last edited:
BJ has a bit of "blue arse" in him that's for sure. But I think he keeps on the positive side of the ledger in general in terms of contribution and effort.

Hey @Snake - respect your opinion legend, but in this case I'd have to disagree mate. Lawrence is heart and soul. His line speed is fantastic. His enthusiasm contageous. When the boys were down a few times last night, he was behind the play revving them all right up. You wouldn't have seen that on tele. He'd walk up to players, tap them on the keester, nod his head and so "come on, rip in" and stuff. You could actually see those players lifting in their next play.

Brenton is a leader both on and off the field for us.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6