Laurie Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The somewhat qualified last sentence concerns me:

“I gave an indication that I would be interested for it to progress further. Manly asked whether I would be interested and I said yes. It would be an exciting opportunity and Manly have plenty of potential. They have always been a club a lot of people have admired.”

What about you Laurie - do you now, or did you ever, admire them?
Interesting one. If you listen to BSB he is a staunch Raiders man. 100%. I would go as far to say he is not a Manly admirer but I guess money talks. Not sure about this potential move.

Interesting one. If you listen to BSB he is a staunch Raiders man. 100%. I would go as far to say he is not a Manly admirer but I guess money talks. Not sure about this potential move.
On at least one occasion around the mid-2000s, he picked Manly to win the ‘spoon. Apparently at the time he rang/texted Zorba to apologise.

Personally I have nothing against Anthony Siebold. I like some of the analysis he does so he certainly knows his league.

However I don’t think his record can be compared to Des.
So to have a chance the next coach will be Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson or at a push Cleary?

if the owners have hitched their wagon to Siebold going forward the best we can do as Manly fans is throw our weight behind him and wish him every success imo🙂
Yeah but doesn't mean I will be paying for the memberships I do at the moment to line said owners pocket.

If it goes down as such, I will always be a Manly sea eagles fan but will no longer be a member. Nor my wife, 3 sons, daughter or 4 grandkids all of which I pay membership to varying levels for presently.
Enough is enough Mr Penn

Daley usually speaks highly of Manly in my opinion.

Also I have been a little worried that Manly doesn't seem to have many indigenous players anymore, and hopefully lozza can help us reconnect.

I have known him since we were kids. We played a bit of cricket together but he is younger than me so no footy.

He really is the great guy everyone says he is. I couldn't imagine him having an enemy in the world. He has respect for everyone.

What a superstar player, not far off immortal ability.

The club would be privileged to have him involved in any capacity.

Was talking to Ray Warren for good while about a fortnight ago.

He hates being retired.
It wouldn't be easy after a lifetime in the media spotlight to wake up one morning to find yourself no longer relevant, having spent the previous half century surviving on your wits and ego it would be a difficult pill to swallow. There was word that Warren had signs of dementia a couple of years back, I thought that might have been his reason for retiring, I was never a fan although I don't like seeing anyone inflicted with that awful undignifying condition. Good luck to him anyway although he's probably living a better standard of retirement than most of us mugs🙂

Personally love the idea of Daley being involved in our club, particularly recruiting players. Being a commentator and a media personality will automatically will bring credibility, especially to young up and coming players that love all the fame, money and social media stuff. Have no doubt he knows a good player when he sees it.

And let’s be honest here, our recruitment and retention in the last 5-8yrs has been abysmal and that’s being kind.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8