Laurie Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
images (16).jpg

Kevin Walters doesn't care what anyone thinks about his dress sense

Spot on @Bird of Prey. Does he have to look so shabby at a function like that? Surely he had 10 minutes to have a shave and dress more appropriately.

Manly Sea Eagles approach former NSW Origin coach Laurie Daley for key role

Manly has started preliminary discussions with a former Test and NSW captain as the club starts planning for life after Des Hasler.

Manly has started preliminary discussions with former Test and NSW captain Laurie Daley about joining the club as a consultant from next season.

There are several obstacles to overcome but Daley is known to have an interest in the part-time role which would potentially centre around roster management and pathways.

The Daily Telegraph understands Daley and Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov have spoken.

Manly is hoping – as an outsider – Daley could offer an independent view on multiple levels within the Sea Eagles’ organisation.

The approach comes as Manly readies itself to announce Anthony Seibold as new head coach.

Daley must first secure a full job description before mulling over his decision.

He must also seek support from his employer – the TAB-aligned Sky Sports Radio – given Manly’s major sponsor is PointsBet, a rival betting agency.

And the NRL will also need to approve Daley’s possible move to Manly.

In 2019, the NRL blocked a move by Wests Tigers to employ Daley as the club’s halves coach due to his links to the betting industry.

Daley is a current Australian selector and helped coach Mal Meninga pick the Kangaroos’ World Cup squad.

No offer has been lodged but Manly was buoyed after gauging Daley’s interest. Manly’s majority owners, the Penn family, have a high opinion of Daley.

While his brief hasn’t been finalised, Daley would not be part of Manly’s coaching team.

This isn’t the first time Daley has been linked to Manly.

He was interviewed for Manly’s top job back in 2016 before withdrawing from the process with Trent Barrett eventually named head coach.

Manly’s decision to chase Daley is not dependent on who coaches Manly next season.

Since February 2018, Daley, the former NSW State of Origin coach, has been co-host of the Big Sports Breakfast radio show – which airs on Sky Sports Radio – alongside former Test cricket captain Michael Clarke and sports broadcaster Gerard Middleton.

Des Hasler is this week expected to reveal whether he will coach — as the club has demanded — with Seibold in 2023 before departing the club.

Seibold would take over in 2024.

If Hasler decides the situation has become untenable and walks away, which is becoming increasingly likely, Seibold would take over immediately.

Hasler has certainly garnered plenty of support among Manly fans. An online petition calling for him to be retained as head coach has attracted nearly 2500 signatures.

Cronulla Sharks assistant coach John Hannay was part of Hasler’s succession plan but the club rejected the proposal while already working on signing Seibold.

Don't mind the idea, but if he keeps working for the TAB, he shouldn't be anywhere near a footy club. Not sure why the NRL would allow it now when they didn't allow the Tigers to employ him in 2019.

Heard this yesterday so smoke is fire here....I wouldn't mind Daley compared to some of the other flops mentioned.
Has a good footy brain and is a 100% competitor, plus has good contacts with the games elite players.
I heard the same this morning. I thought my mate was taking the P...s with me

Great move.

It was a master stroke appointing him as NSW coach. The state side did so well under his tutelage.

Greatly aided by Fulton. Age was certainly no impediment to good judgement in the case of the latter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6