Laurie Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All the players need to know that is The Manly Sea eagles have a future and the future belongs to all at the club

See the source image
Shaddup BOZO... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Agree. Where is all this coming from. Des took us to two finals series out of four.

I think that is quite good however I do understand that some people on here don’t agree and want a change and I absolutely respect their opinions.

However we are hiring a wooden spoon winning coach and a failed nsw origin coach with no club coaching experience at all to replace des.

It doesn’t sound logical at all.

I also get that Des and the owner don’t see eye to eye however surely there is better way. If we were replacing des with Phil Gould and Craig Bellamy I can understand however it doesn’t feel like we are replacing him with better or more experienced options.
Why do you keep using that Des has made the finals half the time he's been back here as a selling point? Is your bar literally that low? How pathetic. There are 16 teams, and all he has to do is squeeze into the top 1/2 of the entire competition to be in said finals.

And why do people claim to know how X or Y coach will go before they've even been given a chance? I'm guessing you signed that ridiculous petition, that if it were paper, I'd use to wipe my arse with.

And @BOZO please mate - mercy. I beg you brother.

Why do you keep using that Des has made the finals half the time he's been back here as a selling point? Is your bar literally that low? How pathetic. There are 16 teams, and all he has to do is squeeze into the top 1/2 of the entire competition to be in said finals.

And why do people claim to know how X or Y coach will go before they've even been given a chance? I'm guessing you signed that ridiculous petition, that if it were paper, I'd use to wipe my arse with.

And @BOZO please mate - mercy. I beg you brother.
Yeah that’s my point. If we are not happy with Des or the club is not happy with his results why are they looking at coaches who have far poorer records than Des.

Yeah that’s my point. If we are not happy with Des or the club is not happy with his results why are they looking at coaches who have far poorer records than Des.
Des only has a good record because he had a fantastic team a decade ago. He proved that when he left to coach the dogs …. Look at the players he let go at the dogs that went on to better things at other clubs

Just sayin’

And he took that Canterbury team with an inferior roster to Manly’s at the time, to two Germans finals. Toovey took Manly to one.

Just sayin’.

I did see in another post that manly were looking at Laurie Daley to help as a consultant to attract players not as a coach.

That’s a great idea. Happy with that.

Siebold made the finals 2 of the 3 years he was head coach - just saying.
Personally I have nothing against Anthony Siebold. I like some of the analysis he does so he certainly knows his league.

However I don’t think his record can be compared to Des.

Personally I have nothing against Anthony Siebold. I like some of the analysis he does so he certainly knows his league.

However I don’t think his record can be compared to Des.
Why can't you compare them, Jen?

You can compare them, but theres no comparison
There's no reason to believe that Siebold given same the number of years as a head coach and players of an equal standard as Hasler has had at his disposal wouldn't have an equally illustrious record, he's missed the finals once out of his three years in the coaches box, if the owners have hitched their wagon to Siebold going forward the best we can do as Manly fans is throw our weight behind him and wish him every success imo🙂

There's no reason to believe that Siebold given same the number of years as a head coach and players of an equal standard as Hasler has had at his disposal wouldn't have an equally illustrious record, he's missed the finals once out of his three years in the coaches box, if the owners have hitched their wagon to Siebold going forward the best we can do as Manly fans is throw our weight behind him and wish him every success imo🙂

and the one year he missed the finals, he was only at the club half that season.

The somewhat qualified last sentence concerns me:

“I gave an indication that I would be interested for it to progress further. Manly asked whether I would be interested and I said yes. It would be an exciting opportunity and Manly have plenty of potential. They have always been a club a lot of people have admired.”

What about you Laurie - do you now, or did you ever, admire them?

laurie daley is running on old legs. prefer not, just another barrett, with the footy talk talk, speaky stuff, just dudes reinventing the wheel .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8