[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Croker Story .....
Early career

From 2014 to 2016, Croker played for the Canberra Raiders' NYC team.[3] On 11 November 2015, he re-signed with the Raiders on a 2-year contract until the end of 2017.

In February, Croker got the chance to play with his uncle Jason at the 2016 NRL Auckland Nines.[5] For the 2016 season, he captained the Raiders' NYC side.[6] In round 2 of the 2016 NRL season, he made his NRL debut for the Raiders against theSydney Roosters.[7][8] That would be his only NRL appearance for the season.

Croker was unable to break back in

*Ricky didn't resign him because he obviously didn't rate him
*One solo NRL game experience back in 2016
That's ok, I don't really rate Ricky either

I would suggest that defence is an issue for 99% of all 19yo's playing their initial first grade games ... it takes time to adjust to the faster pace and better opposition. It is not necessarily an inherent trait.

eg Kelly will be better for the experience.

The goodun's make the transition fairly quickly.
I would suggest defence is an issue 100% of players contend with - simply stating his defence is not as highly rated as his attack if that helps.

I'll admit, I completely screwed up with my assessment of him, because I mistakenly thought he was the Woolford offspring.

No idea, but I'll try and find that game for everyone and link it that he played NRL

I had thought it would have been Hastings ‘ spot to lose but when I heard he beat Chez in the 2k race the tables turned. I knew the spot was his!

I would go with Hastings first for his goal kicking. This is assuming Carney doesn’t come.

As important as goalkicking is, with a position as crucial as 5/8 I would go with the guy that is going to do that job better without a seconds thought about who is going to kick goals.
It won't matter anyways coz Carney will be 5/8 and kicker.@:)

Throw "JetSki" in to that mix as well.

Pffft Murwillumbah isn't in the country...it's 25 mins from Coolangatta which has an international airport meaning...the woooooooooooooooooooorld!!!!

Basically, Murwillumbah is the same as New York. (The city, not the state as some people still don't realise there is one of each).

Anyway, Trent plays things pretty close to his chest whilst giving the impression he is being open (a good thing I reckon) and it sounds like Croker is getting the inside running but Trent has spoken highly of Hastings in the past.

I'm happy that the pres-season is going well and shall leave it up to the Coach.

I would suggest defence is an issue 100% of players contend with - simply stating his defence is not as highly rated as his attack if that helps.

Wasn't having a go ... it is just a fact that all 19yo's will struggle with defence early in their careers. With only a few exceptions the same thing could be said about every young halfback ever.

The issue will be how long it takes him to improve it.

Pffft Murwillumbah isn't in the country...it's 25 mins from Coolangatta which has an international airport meaning...the woooooooooooooooooooorld!!!!

Basically, Murwillumbah is the same as New York. (The city, not the state as some people still don't realise there is one of each).

Anyway, Trent plays things pretty close to his chest whilst giving the impression he is being open (a good thing I reckon) and it sounds like Croker is getting the inside running but Trent has spoken highly of Hastings in the past.

I'm happy that the pres-season is going well and shall leave it up to the Coach.

Stopping slurping the fortified maple sauce and complete the knock, knock I sent you ..

Knock .. knock ..
Who's there ..
To ..

Baz seems to be the type of coach that rewards patience and loyalty. Hard to know how they're (Hastings and Croker) truly gone in pre season but Baz has a pretty long relationship with Hastings and seems to rate him. I think Hastings will get first crack and Croker not far away from a start

No Raiders fan that I have talked to was particularly upset that we picked him up, quite the opposite in fact, so I think I will wait and see if his actions speak louder next season.

Baz seems to have a knack of usually getting the best out of his players and especially one's that indicate dedication , Croker is apparently showing plenty of enthusiasm and Hastings ideally is applying himself better recently . The only time that Hastings played a full game last season and also as a sub occasionally , he played in the acting half role and did play O K as a 5/8 for Black town . Maybe only two trial games before next season and both should be primed to show their best and then i guess we will see . Still one more spot left i think in Manly's top 30 and i suppose depending on both Hastings and Croker progress in approaching weeks , whether Baz will determine that he may still need another experienced half .

Baz seems to have a knack of usually getting the best out of his players and especially one's that indicate dedication , Croker is apparently showing plenty of enthusiasm and Hastings ideally is applying himself better recently . The only time that Hastings played a full game last season and also as a sub occasionally , he played in the acting half role and did play O K as a 5/8 for Black town . Maybe only two trial games before next season and both should be primed to show their best and then i guess we will see . Still one more spot left i think in Manly's top 30 and i suppose depending on both Hastings and Croker progress in approaching weeks , whether Baz will determine that he may still need another experienced half .
I love Baz...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8