Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He has the talent. But like most have said, he needs to cut out the mistakes and penalties from his game, or at least minimize them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Des starting Keppie over Taupau. I think a front row of Paseka and Keppie can be a very strong one with Taupau coming off the bench with either Sips, Boyle, Aloiai or Bullemor being the other prop.

Yes I agree 100% that our starting props should be Keppie and Paseka, with Taupau and Aloiai coming off the bench. Our first round seventeen (barring injury) will have either Lawton or Bullemore at twelve, and the other on the bench. When Schuster is fully fit I have Bullemore, Walker, Aloiai and Taupau as the bench players, and Lawton dropping off.

Yes I agree 100% that our starting props should be Keppie and Paseka, with Taupau and Aloiai coming off the bench. Our first round seventeen (barring injury) will have either Lawton or Bullemore at twelve, and the other on the bench. When Schuster is fully fit I have Bullemore, Walker, Aloiai and Taupau as the bench players, and Lawton dropping off.
Wasnt that long ago that we had one of the strongest starting front rows and would drop off a cliff when the reserves came on. Now we have 5 reliable props we are much more consistent through the middle.

And another thing... while y'all rubbing your hands together in distress and muttering soulfully about the perils of errors...

Can you please let me know if you apply the same attitude to Saab ... who last year missed over 50 tackles and dropped the ball at least 20 times ..

And another thing... while y'all rubbing your hands together in distress and muttering soulfully about the perils of errors...

Can you please let me know if you apply the same attitude to Saab ... who last year missed over 50 tackles and dropped the ball at least 20 times ..
He missed 42 tackles in 2021 over 28 games (ave 1.5 per game), with 17 of those coming in his first 9 games (ave for those = 1.8 / game, - so he generally got better as the year progressed, apart from 4 missed tackles versus the Cowgirls in round 14, and 3 against the Storm in the first week of the finals).

He had 39 errors for the year (ave 1.39 per game), with his worst games coming against the Warriors in round 5 (4 errors), the Sharks in round 20 (5 errors), and the Bulldogs in round 24 (3 errors). No highly significant pattern here - he tends to a week with no errors, then has a week where he makes a few, then back to zero or 1 - but no significant increasing or decreasing trend over time.

Data source: Jason Saab

He has the talent. But like most have said, he needs to cut out the mistakes and penalties from his game, or at least minimize them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Des starting Keppie over Taupau. I think a front row of Paseka and Keppie can be a very strong one with Taupau coming off the bench with either Sips, Boyle, Aloiai or Bullemor being the other prop.

Yes 100% agree with this. Keppie is much better when he starts and Marty is way more effective coming off the bench.
Des seen this last year and hopefully he uses the prop rotation the same way.

50 missed tackles for a winger sounds pretty bad, how does Saab compare to other wingers?

Sort of a balance with the still modified ruck rules or guidelines and props or most N R L props to adjust their style accordingly . Still trying to get some maximum or yardage advantage in conjunction with a quick play the ball . Really need that strong leg drive after initial contact and to minimize the gang tackle slow down play . Paseka seems to have the best technique at present , Alioia should be suited , Marty so so these days . Keppie can have that better technique , probably better starting and getting into the thick of things early seems to suit his playing mode the best . Not prepared to take a backward step is another strong point for him .

Saab improved his defensive reads and efficiency as last season progressed . Garrick had his share of problems there at a previous time as well but got better . Need the inside defence organized and marking up properly , Parker is quite reliable , Harper can be , Koula looks like he will be able to , Back rowers are mobile whether it is Oloka - atu , Schuster , Bulemor or Lawton so every opportunity for Saab and Garrick to feel more confident with their respective defensive roles .

50 missed tackles for a winger sounds pretty bad, how does Saab compare to other wingers?

In one word .. abysmally

In over 60 years of watching the game he is the worst tackler I have ever seen ... his tackle effectiveness is below 50% .. compared to about 85% or better for say Garrick.

BUT .. he has a very high upside .. so exceptions can be made .. but the tolerance between hero and villain will be tested IMO ..

In over 60 years of watching the game he is the worst tackler I have ever seen ..

As a virtual rookie, Saab's stats weren't too bad compared with the experienced wingers below. Apart from defence, one area of his game that needs improving is his catching - he missed a few try scoring opportunities by not taking high passes (Garrick probably would have snaffled them up).

Saab: 27 games - 50 missed tackles - 28 errors
Nofoaluma: 24 games - 47 missed tackles - 30 errors
Feldt: 20 games - 46 missed tackles - 27 errors
Ferguson: 18 games - 44 missed tackles - 20 errors

As a virtual rookie, Saab's stats weren't too bad compared with the experienced wingers below. Apart from defence, one area of his game that needs improving is his catching - he missed a few try scoring opportunities by not taking high passes (Garrick probably would have snaffled them up).

So .. they are the worst 4 .. what were Garrick's stats ?

Again with this

What is common among Keppie & Saab?

Keppie entering his third season of first grade

Saab second

Not every player is ready to go in first grade from their first start. As woodsie put it you need to look at the upside of player

As for the trial game since when does that matter at all? I know we have all been footy starved but the importance placed on the game is interesting

So .. they are the worst 4 .. what were Garrick's stats ?
Garrick: 27 games - missed tackles 27 - errors 29 - tackle efficiency 77%

By the way, I erred in not including tackle efficiency in the previous comparison

Saab 50%
Nofualuma 61%
Feldt 63%
Ferguson 53%

Surely he's worked on this weakness in his game in the off season. Saabs a game winner for us, we can put up with a few missed tackles a game. Usually Harper and DCE have his back on the right side anyway.

Give me the Saab on the wing any time. His defence will get better I just think its poor technique due to his height he doesn't get low enough and use his shoulder and ends up jumper grabbing.

Thank you... you have made my point.

Whilst there is no shortage of people willing to give excuses and reasons in support of Saab's woeful deficiencies....

But Heaven forbid poor Keppie if he happens to lose grip on the ball when smashed by 4 defenders weighing some 450kgs and all pulling him in different directions..

Out come the tsk tsk brigade mumbling about the world ending effect of errors..

Thank you... you have made my point.

Whilst there is no shortage of people willing to give excuses and reasons in support of Saab's woeful deficiencies....

But Heaven forbid poor Keppie if he happens to lose grip on the ball when smashed by 4 defenders weighing some 450kgs and all pulling him in different directions..

Out come the tsk tsk brigade mumbling about the world ending effect of errors..

Comparing Keppie and Saab is completely ridiculous. In my opinion Keppie will be our best forward this season. He has more potential upside to his game than any other Manly prop. Yes there will be errors...... but they will be balanced out by the positive momentum shifts he gives us in attack and defence.

Comparing Keppie and Saab is completely ridiculous. In my opinion Keppie will be our best forward this season. He has more potential upside to his game than any other Manly prop. Yes there will be errors...... but they will be balanced out by the positive momentum shifts he gives us in attack and defence.
Agree .. my only comparison between them was to highlight the difference in silvertails altitudes to their errors

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8