Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Keppie has to play a bit smarter.

Spud Carroll apparently wanted to make him some sort of protege but Spud’s guts and glory approach is 20 odd years out of date.

The aggression is great but he needs to incorporate a modicum of self preservation and 2 or 3 modicums of attention to detail.

Wow, while we tolerate rubbish from Saab and Harper for full 80 mins we should send this guy Keppie back.
Hasler should give him more game time!
Less game time for mine. Needs to have a reserves stint imo (playing bigger minutes there of course). He's lost his way and has had a lot of opportunities imo

I think Keppie has to play a bit smarter.

Spud Carroll apparently wanted to make him some sort of protege but Spud’s guts and glory approach is 20 odd years out of date.

The aggression is great but he needs to incorporate a modicum of self preservation and 2 or 3 modicums of attention to detail.
We could do with spuds no passing approach from keppie . Just needs to run hard, bend the line, play the ball. Might have slipped down the batting order a fair bit since season kick off.seemed to be given first shot but seems down the order currently.

When they push him back he almost always pushes a pass. Should offload on your own terms

He cops a lot for his lateral D , which is not amazing but they are not always his fault because he is in frame. Last weeks as an example

If you watch Sipley play and then watch Keppie it’s impossible to work out how Keppie has had a spot over him this season. I loved Keppie last year (his games vs Parra and the Roosters semi really stood out) but the constant errors and crucial missed tackles every week are infuriating so definitely agree he needs a spell for Blacktown.

Seems like he’ll be out this week anyway and with Aloiai out too it will be interesting to see who our 4th prop will be. Davey is more of an edge but could fill that role with Schuster back, and I guess Walker comes on first in the middle anyway but the lack of size could hurt us.

Not too sure how a starting prop combination of Marty and Sipley will go but may eventuate if Des still opts for Paseka on the bench . In that instance probably plenty of game time required for Walker , also the inclusion of Schuster most likely on the bench assuming that both Alioia and Keppie will be unavailable . Again can ;t see why Davey can not have some time in the middle , Sharks seem a fairly mobile side and playing some good open footy so Manly will need a reasonable degree of forward mobility as well . Few unknowns , guess that more will be clear after the team announcement tomorrow afternoon .

I also think keppie and saab suffer from the same issue

They dont pick a weak spot in the d and hope for 6 or 8 m and hopefully with leg drive, poor miss or something get 10

straight into the teeth, which is admirable and can at times be a bigger reward, but they chose times when we need the solid 8 , not to be driven back. Saab in particular has to lower his body earlier and accept what he can take before its taken from him

The smaller koula torpedos his was to 8 and is in a better position for a quick play the ball, which benefits the next play

Plenty of footy ahead. Play the long game. A couple of other blokes who need a run in the squad.

He has to be no chance of playing this week. So give another one or two more to Tweek some things.

He'll be back. Work in progress.

Keppie needs to get some headgear on. It wont prevent all concussions and impacts but headgear certainly cushions a lot of it and certainly would have cushioned the head to the ground issue on Saturday. Not saying he comes out of that with nothing... but the outcome is much less severe.

Keppie needs to get some headgear on. It wont prevent all concussions and impacts but headgear certainly cushions a lot of it and certainly would have cushioned the head to the ground issue on Saturday. Not saying he comes out of that with nothing... but the outcome is much less severe.
No its not

No its not
I am going off my own experience. I wore headgear for probably 5 years. Mind you I was never ever knocked out in any game but I certainly found that wearing it reduced my head knocks and the head stitches massively. I have a zipper head as it is but yes those 5 years certainly cut down the trauma. It was uncomfortable and bloody hot and as I got older and not quite as fit I decided the heat was taking its toll so I ditched it.

I am going off my own experience. I wore headgear for probably 5 years. Mind you I was never ever knocked out in any game but I certainly found that wearing it reduced my head knocks and the head stitches massively. I have a zipper head as it is but yes those 5 years certainly cut down the trauma. It was uncomfortable and bloody hot and as I got older and not quite as fit I decided the heat was taking its toll so I ditched it.

Spent a bit of time professionally with sports safety and injury .

Concussions are caused by the brain hitting against the inside of the skull .. imagine a unrestrained object in your car if you hit the brakes .. car stops but object keeps moving ..

This is what happens when a moving head hits a moving arm .. the head stops but the brain keeps moving and connects with the inside of the skull.

A helmet will reduce any abrasions or cuts .. but does not stop the head from stopping quickly ..

Last edited:
The problem with Keppie that I think gets overlooked because he can bring aggression and make some good front on tackles, is his genuine lack of athleticism.

He is not a good mover. One of the reasons he get belted with the ball, is a lack of dynamic footwork and leg speed. It’s the same reason he gets shown up in defence at times; his lateral movement is poor.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10