Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think Keppie is generally very favourably reviewed on Silvertails......just a vocal minority getting overhyped on a trial.

Then a measured many including myself who think he is great but not the finished article and needs to keep working on improving his game.

Like him starting this week.

Keppie and Saab can both tidy things up a bit.

Apples with oranges though - wingers have to catch high balls, compete for bombs and grubbers, and reach critical cut out passes at high speed, so they will naturally have a few more errors.

When Keppie is “on” he puts the opposition on the back foot and leads our pack. He has a few errors in him that have at times burst manly’s bubble.

Criticising Saab for missing a few tackles is like criticising Keppie for not scoring 20 tries a season. Apples/oranges.

Criticising Saab for missing a few tackles is like criticising Keppie for not scoring 20 tries a season. Apples/oranges.

Missing a few tackles ... good grief you are polite ..

You do realize he misses one (1) out of every two (2) he attempts ..

Missing a few tackles ... good grief you are polite ..

You do realize he misses one (1) out of every two (2) he attempts ..
Yes, attempts a few, misses a few. He is not in a position where they tackle all day.

What about Keppie, hardly any tries scored!! Never diffuses a bomb either.

Yes, attempts a few, misses a few. He is not in a position where they tackle all day.

What about Keppie, hardly any tries scored!! Never diffuses a bomb either.

I do know the particulars and requirements of playing on the wing ... and missing 50% of tackles attempted is both embarrassing and regrettable in any era and in any team ..

And if you think playing prop is somehow easier I think you might reconsider.

I do know the particulars and requirements of playing on the wing ... and missing 50% of tackles attempted is both embarrassing and regrettable in any era and in any team ..

nah I'm just kidding.

They both have work to do to be their best.

Not many 20 year olds are the finished product.

Now you know, as everyone knows, Desmond is very defence focussed - if not fixated - and yet he kept this guy in the side all year. Mysterious?
Hardly! Reason is simple, his extreme pace and leaping ability added another dimension to our attack. Including making Turbo more dangerous. We went from being a clunky side in attack to the most exciting side in the comp.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Saab can do this year, he just doesn't strike me as a one hit wonder type. And I think he'll be more confident in defence.

Garrick: 27 games - missed tackles 27 - errors 29 - tackle efficiency 77%

By the way, I erred in not including tackle efficiency in the previous comparison

Saab 50%
Nofualuma 61%
Feldt 63%
Ferguson 53%
Garrick went to another level last season and im happy he did he seems a good kid and very likeable. I see him playing origin one day but probably need some injuries to supplant the current 2

Agree .. my only comparison between them was to highlight the difference in silvertails altitudes to their errors
The difference in attitudes to their errors could be due to the how, when, why?
A nothing hitup and spilling your lollies is frowned upon more than not quite catching a crossfield kick running at full pelt.
Same with missed tackles or tackle efficiency, a winger can be on a hiding to nothing where his missed tackles are more likely one on ones or trying to take their opposite over the sideline.
I’m not defending Saab here, he needs work, let’s hope there’s no second year syndrome.
One of the reasons wingers score a lot of tries is because they’re running at other wingers!

As l mentioned previously, just looking at raw stats doesn’t necessarily tell the full story.
How many errors are forced?
How many are unforced?
How many are trying a positive play as opposed to a safe play?

These are the things they could really delve into in things like supercoach.

Same as a goalkickers %, how many times do we say player X had a shocker with the boot yet they may have all been from the right touchline?

Comparing Keppie and Saab is completely ridiculous. In my opinion Keppie will be our best forward this season. He has more potential upside to his game than any other Manly prop. Yes there will be errors...... but they will be balanced out by the positive momentum shifts he gives us in attack and defence.
Optimistic there mate...

Optimistic there mate...

Keppie isn't far off becoming the enforcer we need in our pack. He needs to simplify his game, and control his emotions better on the field. I think he has the capacity to do those things quite quickly. Des can help with this by only playing him as starting prop, clearly defining his role, and not putting him on a edge, or playing him at lock.

Keppie isn't far off becoming the enforcer we need in our pack. He needs to simplify his game, and control his emotions better on the field. I think he has the capacity to do those things quite quickly. Des can help with this by only playing him as starting prop, clearly defining his role, and not putting him on a edge, or playing him at lock.
Pretty happy with all of our Props tbh, Keepie, Paeseka, Marty and Alioi, they all bring something different to the table.

@Woodsie this is what Bullemore says in his latest interview:

“I guess it is kind of comparing apples and oranges and it is hard to compare the differences between different guys."

@Woodsie this is what Bullemore says in his latest interview:

“I guess it is kind of comparing apples and oranges and it is hard to compare the differences between different guys."
That's nice .. but I am not certain I am prepared to anoint "Bullemore the younger" as the font of all wisdom and sage advice just yet .. but it is heartening to see we have another literate forward. 🤣

Maybe Saab just misses the first attempt, but is quick enough to turn around, chase, then make the tackle!?!?!?!

Maybe it's actually 100%

Maybe
Maybe
Maybe

I was a big fan of Keppie and what he could become, my opinion is starting to shift though. Every time he comes on there is a defensive laps that results in a try or there will be errors with the ball in hand.
Tino strolls right past Keppie with a once again lazy effort covering the middle to score.
This happens every week and surly this can’t go on.
I wouldn’t be against giving Keppie a spell in Blacktown to work on his extra efforts or lack of to prevent the pressure he puts us under. He is a liability at the moment and will continue to cost us if he doesn’t address this issue.

He appears to be almost trying too hard atm. Pretty confident he will get better during the year. If this means NSW cup so be it.

Wow, while we tolerate rubbish from Saab and Harper for full 80 mins we should send this guy Keppie back.
Hasler should give him more game time!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14