[Resurrected] Keppie re-signs 2026 ... Unleash Keppie NOW!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems a nice bloke, but he wouldn’t make first grade at the top clubs. Anyone putting faith in him to dominate shows how far off challenging for a premiership we are.
Really? I distinctly remember him dominating JWH in a finals game, and monstered Campbel-Gillard and the whole Eels pack at Bankwest. If he cut out his handling errors, and improved his lateral defence, he could quite easily become one of the elite middles one day. Showing faith in Keppie has nothing to do with our premiership credentials.

Mate .. if Keppie gives one penalty away the wee Jessie's on here scream .. "OH! the Horror ..get him off, should never play first grade again"
I think most people are fine with giving away a penalty so long as that player more than makes up for it.

There were a few games from Keppie where that value wasn't that apparent especially when he spills the ball quite frequently as well

I have no excuse. Altho, I haven't had breakfast yet and I have to get a train into the city soon just to collect a bag and then I have to ........... yeah, I have no excuse.
Personally I think there is a lot of upside to Burbo and I think he will develop into a fine player.

When Keppie is in form I don’t mind him either.

Not sure about a 3-4 year extension. I suppose they are looking at who is coming off contract in the year before Keppie’s contract is up, to try and avoid a contractual/salary cap logjam. Plus they’re banking on him developing into a first rate prop (or at least a decent first grader, a la Mark Bryant), so re-sign him whilst he comes relatively cheaply.

Personally I think there is a lot of upside to Burbo and I think he will develop into a fine player.

When Keppie is in form I don’t mind him either.

Not sure about a 3-4 year extension. I suppose they are looking at who is coming off contract in the year before Keppie’s contract is up, to try and avoid a contractual/salary cap logjam. Plus they’re banking on him developing into a first rate prop (or at least a decent first grader, a la Mark Bryant), so re-sign him whilst he comes relatively cheaply.
Yep, I still have hope for Keppie. The biggest thing for me at this point is he has heart and a bit of grunt. If he can get some polish he'll be good. Burbo, what to think of Burbo??!! He also has heart but it's the grunt that's missing if he wants make it in a 1st gde pack. I'm hoping for a bit a transformation in the off season and he takes the next step.

Yep, I still have hope for Keppie. The biggest thing for me at this point is he has heart and a bit of grunt. If he can get some polish he'll be good. Burbo, what to think of Burbo??!! He also has heart but it's the grunt that's missing if he wants make it in a 1st gde pack. I'm hoping for a bit a transformation in the off season and he takes the next step.
I think Burbo's progress a little slower than that of our expectations.. simply because of his last name (and decent form in a gun jnr rep team). I think he's a little out of his element at centre, and I'm sure this contributes to confidence issues. If he settles into the backrow and develops a little killer instinct, he certainly has the pedigree to be a fine edge forward one day.

I think Burbo's progress a little slower than that of our expectations.. simply because of his last name (and decent form in a gun jnr rep team). I think he's a little out of his element at centre, and I'm sure this contributes to confidence issues. If he settles into the backrow and develops a little killer instinct, he certainly has the pedigree to be a fine edge forward one day.
Yep - it can't be easy being an "urbo". Let's hope he finds his feet.

Sean Keppie getting extended twice in as many years when he has never been off contract is strange indeed. He averages 60m a game, has no upper body strength and gets dominated In most tackles. His fitness is miles off the pace and once he ‘knocks up’ after 10-15 mins, he makes consistent handling errors, forces passes and makes clumsy efforts in D. He can tackle, but I would‘ve been happy if he got released.

I remember that game in Newcastle where he put pressure on the kicker and clipped the legs. He got marched and we lost after comfortably leading. Tired and brainless error.

His best game by a country mile was against Parra at Bankwest on the day that Bozo passed. He played on the edge and had his best game for Manly. Schuey played 6 and also had his best game on the same day.

Both have not gone near that form since.

Sean Keppie getting extended twice in as many years when he has never been off contract is strange indeed. He averages 60m a game, has no upper body strength and gets dominated In most tackles. His fitness is miles off the pace and once he ‘knocks up’ after 10-15 mins, he makes consistent handling errors, forces passes and makes clumsy efforts in D. He can tackle, but I would‘ve been happy if he got released.

I remember that game in Newcastle where he put pressure on the kicker and clipped the legs. He got marched and we lost after comfortably leading. Tired and brainless error.

His best game by a country mile was against Parra at Bankwest on the day that Bozo passed. He played on the edge and had his best game for Manly. Schuey played 6 and also had his best game on the same day.

Both have not gone near that form since.
Think it's a straight old fashioned punt on a player we hope will eventually reap rewards for us, from next season on.

I'd like to see how he goes next season reunited with the shoe, they worked well together in juniors, who knows it could be another Cliffy/Beaver combo, time will tell

2 good stories about Keppie in the Telecrape today if anyone can access ..

In one of the stories it says ...

"Round 1 will herald the beginning of Manly's 4 year vision for Keppie as the Sea Eagles newest enforcer .. and the 24 year old is ready to take that Mantle ..

Despite the long term security, Keppie is not content just bidding his time .. The club had a vision they had for me, what they want from me. They said they see value in me and have a lot of faith in me"

Keppie old mate ... the only people who don't have faith in you are the numbnuts ... and they wouldn't know if a good prop was up them .. unless he bit them on the back of the neck.

All Hail Keppie !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8