[Resurrected] Keppie re-signs 2026 ... Unleash Keppie NOW!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone remind me in 12 months time to change the title to the "Egg on face" thread ...

Giddy-up ...

Because he is still 2 years away from playing his best football ... and because we need at least 6 first grade props at the club ... and because he won't break the bank ... and because he loves the contact and battle ... and because I rate him to have a higher ceiling than any of our other props ..

None of those reasons justify him getting a 4 year deal. Let him earn an extension we have to many of these list clogger "don't break the bank"players in our squad.

No problem with that if we can move them on but a fringe player does not deserve 4 years.

Decisions like this is why we are a rabble.

None of those reasons justify him getting a 4 year deal. Let him earn an extension we have to many of these list clogger "don't break the bank"players in our squad.

No problem with that if we can move them on but a fringe player does not deserve 4 years.

Decisions like this is why we are a rabble.

Well, I would have to counter with ... obviously Seibold and Mestrov .. (possibly others as well) .. disagree with you ... time will tell.

PSS ... I mention Mestrov because I read that he would be taking a strong role in recruitment and retention.

I just had to check my share portfolio to see if I still owned any Sean Keppie stock.

Yeah i've still got a few shares left. But I will be selling them this year if he doesn't make a leap forward in his career.

Hold on to them ... in 3 years when he is still just 27 ... he will be ripping oppositions a new .. thingee ..

Now as far as off-contract at year's end, we only need to extend Garrick, Weekes (possibly Tuitavake) as critical retention

The counter to that is that we need to play a form of moneyball, given our cap situation with the big three.

I've seen enough of Keppie to think he will be viewed as a bargain in 2 years time, or as soon as next year.

Congrats to Keppie. A true passionate Manly player.

He just needs to get a little fitter and keep his head. His overzealous play was the turning point of the season which legged up Parra and Cummins to find an unlosable game losable, and with Tom busting his shoulder soon after from the resulting penalties and pressure on the line it came to that and the big 7 to destroy 2022.

He'll learn from that, and I'm happy he staying long term

NYEagle

I thought this might have been his year to shine but he was a bit meh.
Still think he can improve and hopefully the coaches start the games with him instead of coming off the bench this year with Des.
He goes better when mixing it up at the start of a game to help set the tone and agro.

The counter to that is that we need to play a form of moneyball, given our cap situation with the big three.

I've seen enough of Keppie to think he will be viewed as a bargain in 2 years time, or as soon as next year.
FR, SR or 13?

Give him time , they were all **** this year.
Agree mate, on top of that he makes mistakes from the enthusiasm of being in that "I'm trying to make things happen, but I have no idea what I can do, and because I'm trying things, I'm making mistakes" stage. Most forwards are the same and we hope he learns quickly. The flip side is I'd prefer him to make mistakes trying in a game than some of the non-interested egos we have had. ie Taupau

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2