[Resurrected] Keppie re-signs 2026 ... Unleash Keppie NOW!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not just the penalties Woodsie - more to do with the combination - penalties, errors, clocking off in defence... it is pretty much an all round fail for Keppie. He is a super one on one defender but he hardly ever bends the line, he makes a million errors, gives penalties away, yes he misses his assignments on the inside in defence........I was like you and had great hopes. My hoping has faded to despair. He just isn't a first grader... and is always injured to boot

IYO ..

I Like aggression, I just like it in conjunction with control, picking moments, skill, attitude and somewhat of a brain.

He isn’t good nor does he even have enough of the raw materials to be good.

He is emblematic of the issues in our entire squad. Not enough strings to his bow, and the one he has ain’t much good.

Jettison him, with extreme prejudice

That big aggressive unit in the front row, in a game that is still primarily about hard physical contacts, any team that wants to be a serious contender needs at least one.

You guys remember a lot of years back one game against Dogs and big Sam Kasiano was making a bit free with our guys and Jason King decided a statement needed to get made? So Kingy gets the ball and absolutely arrows for Sam and drops him like a hot brick. Sam gets helped off field, depressed cheekbone fracture IIRC and in my opinion he was never the same player again. It ain't pretty, but in a game of collisions, that is how you win premierships.

Keppie has the straight up aggression to be the guy for that, as did Aloiai before suffering a prolonged Jerseygate slump. I loved his aggression and the way he seemed to quite deliberately go looking for enemy forward leaders. Like when we thumped Newcastle and he was taking it up to the Saifiti's.

If Aloiai and Keppie could get that sort of moxie mojo back, frankly I don't care how many mistakes they make, and you watch us Fly High.

Unfortunately guys like Jake and Paseka, although vv good at what they do, just don't have that meanness. Olaukau'atu, maybe. I would love it if so.

Rant over, thanks for hearing me out.

Just a note to all the wee darlings that cry "shock" "Horror" when Keppie gives away a penalty ...

This is what Robinson at Easts said about JHW being given 10 in the bin ..

Robbo praises 'down and dirty' Jared after Roosters send out Premiership warning with fiery win over Storm​

Trent Robinson has defended Jared Waerea-Hargreaves after his pack leader was sin-binned in a fiery, physical clash that saw the Roosters lay down a huge marker for the finals, defeating Melbourne 18-14.

“He got down and dirty and it cost him ten, but that’s what your lead prop does. He sets the tone for a game. Credit to him.”

ALL HAIL KEPPIE ... Unleash the beast ....

I thought you were going for a play on this in the thread title...

"Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols"

er

that's all.

#unleashkeppie

Wish they would get really serious in securing a real talent in Koula well into the future . Keppie may get his mojo back and this speculation with Garrick , just on the margins i reckon . . Know where i would be putting some priority for a longer term signing .

Not so sure about this one. 2022 was not his best season and seemed to cop a few head knocks = concussion protocol. Needs to improve - a lot.

Not the signing we needed. I had big hopes for the guy before this year, but he was bloody awful. Can only hope for an amazing improvement.

Would’ve at least waited until mid 2023 before extending him, he was garbage this year in letting in soft tries and coughing up possession at crucial times. Let’s also not forget him getting himself binned while we were up with 7 minutes left against Parra, when we already had everything going against us that night.

With all that said, he was very good at the end of 2021 so hopefully he can find that form again and cut down on all the boneheaded plays

What are we doing handing out long term deals to at best fringe first graders? Nobody was waiting for Nov 1 to snatch this guy off us. 2 years at best for this guy.

Because he is still 2 years away from playing his best football ... and because we need at least 6 first grade props at the club ... and because he won't break the bank ... and because he loves the contact and battle ... and because I rate him to have a higher ceiling than any of our other props ..

And now that we have a new coach ... our cuddle them approach might change ..

And as an aside ... he is also a great clubman to have around the place.

Because he is still 2 years away from playing his best football ... and because we need at least 6 first grade props at the club ... and because he won't break the bank ... and because he loves the contact and battle ... and because I rate him to have a higher ceiling than any of our other props ..

Hard to argue with most of that. But I am a worry wart and the end of 26 is a surprise. Im also hoping the new coaching regime can get him to the next level.

Jesus 4 years for keppie?

haha what? He was signed already and I don’t see the incentive to rush to extend him at all. That’s some pelican recruitment unless his $ are nothing and he is content to play reserves if it doesn’t work out over the next year or two. Seems like a great person but what

Agree 100%. He had a poor year yes (as did pretty much everyone), but we are all complaining that we don't have an enforcer. Well he was certainly warming to the role by late 2021, and with a bit of tweaking and maturity could develop nicely. As you say, in terms of club culture and teamsmanship, he is the kind of guy you want. Certainly offsets a lot of that narcissistic garbage Aloiai is fast gaining a widespread reputation for. Guys like he and Garrick, Jake, and Croker are just as (if not more) important to a footy club than the flashy ones. Plus he hits like a demon, and how beautiful it is to see

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6